gurbani-understanding and interpretation

gurfateh to all,

here is a scenario I have come across as of late. There is a trend by sikhs in our day and age to find the "right" meaning to gurbani. In context, I can understand the importance of this....but my fear is that people are looking for one single interpretation which is meant to be the "Crux" of guruji's message.

Ie. without getting into groupism, I have been told recently that gurbani has one and only interpretation and that should be the standard.....

my research in history, which is primarily from sikh sources, ie. gurbachan singh bhindrawallay, bhai veer singh etc.. indicates that gurbani has many many many meanings, although the context of certain words are finite... ie. ek means one (no matter how you look at it).

my understanding and feeling is that guruji has given us a pool and the only way to sink in deeper is to try to live by and understand what gurbani is saying, and going back over and over and over to feel it. I feel this depth has encouraged by 2 forms. 1) poetry (ie. the meters used)

2) the raags.

I also feel that "one" meaning or the "Correct" meaning which is limited to a consensual agreement by academics or possible mystics is limited and constrained in group ideology.

please comment on what you think and feel........