what the world thinks of god

People in the UK may have heard of this program which aired today on BBC 2 at 9 o clock, the people who caught it what did you think?

i personally was upset not to see a sikh view point on there but overall it was a good discussion, i liked the views of the christian nun and even the athiest in NY had some good points, its nice to see other peoples view on religion and they all pointed to one main thing, love of god and love of mankind

anyways theres some info on the bbc website for those who never watched it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/whattheworldthinksofgod

Guest -akalsharan-

I just watched it aswell and to be blunt there was next to no input from Sikhs, except for a Mr Singh newspaper editor, who was on screen for all of 10 seconds.

It was nothing compared to what I was expecting though.

CHEERS guys wasnt expecting a such reply :)

If you think about its true. everyone on that programme sounded like a lost cause. which reminds me of a man, Bertrand Russell, a great english philosopher (copy n paste here) this is the man who destroyed Christianity (same applies to Islam and Judaism) and exposed its absurdities, but even this great man got stuck when it came to Sikhism! In fact he gave up and said

'that if some lucky men survive the onslaught of the third world war of atomic and hydrogen bombs, then the Sikh religion will be the only means of guiding them.

Russell was asked that he was talking about the third world war, but isn't this religion capable of guiding mankind before the third world war?

In reply, Russell said, 'Yes, it has the capability, but the Sikhs have not brought out in the broad daylight, the splendid doctrines of this religion which has come into existence for the benefit of the entire mankind. This is their greatest sin and the Sikhs cannot be freed of it.'

now that deserves :yo: :yo: :yo: :yo: