Lack of Sikhism

fateh

the 1 thing that sikhs lack is der knowledge.

example.....evry1 knows dat us sikhs are supose to wear iron bangles not steel bangle

example.....evry1 knows dat our symbol da Khanda is supose to be worn on our turbans made out of iron.

sikhs wear da Khanda made out of gold around their necks, ankles, ears n fingers.

Fashion does not exist in sikhism.

Sikhism is about purity n reaching Waheguru.

I made a sikh mona take off his gold Khanda ring today.

we av to try n talk to sikhs dat do not av much knowledge let dem no wot dey r doin wrong.

its not forcing them.....its showing them the rite path.

our sikhi is going down.

if sikhs love their religon so much.......y r dey destroyin it?

sikhi is so hard to recieve.

we r da lucky 1s dat wer brought in2 sikh families.

remember.........Guru Ji has given us sikhi for free.

we avnt paid not 1 penny.

yet sikhs still abuse it.

300 years ago......da sikhs at dat time....dey paid to be sikhs by becoming shaheeds.

der families wer shaheeds n der frends.

dey paid wid their lives.

phul chuk maaf

fateh

yeh very true - but there is soooo much wrong with todays communitee - there is not one rule that has not been broken by sikhs nowadays - i feel ashamed to say it

but the thing is - u cannot go around sayin to poepel - take off ru ring - to this - do that - cos end of the day its not our right - people who dont want to follow these rules - its up to them - main thing is that u follow ur own rehat and sikhi properly urself - thats wat counts

u have maapurushes who dont go round to people sayin do this - do that -its up to the sangat to adopt sikhi - one of my personal griefs has to be the nishaan sahibs they give out on vaisaki - and the business they have made out of khandey and ek onkars - every little thing has a khanda on it - why???..... is our symbol becomming a fashion statement - our religion is not about fashion - its about respect

i think its disgraceful - i was at the mela yday - and i saw a nishaan sahib on the floor :cry: is this how much respect we have left for sikhi???? they give nishaan sahibs out to little kids who just throw them onto the floor not knowing what they mean - just "something to do with sikhism innit"

in india - and some gurdwaras in england - b4 u go into the gurdwara u mutha tehk at the nishaan sahib - u respect it - so there shudnt be any difference

theres allot of things which everyone would like to stop - but this nishaan sahib thing can be stopped ... its the gurdwaras faults and people who make these - they make these nishaan sahibs in all good intentions - but people dont know how to respect them!!.... if one of the panj pyare threw their nishaan sahibs on the floor - or someone spat at the nishaan sahib at the gurdwara - peopel would go mental!!!.... but no one cares to say nothin about peopel carrying nishaan sahibs without covering their heads -and resting them on the floor!

when we go to the gurdwara and sit down on the floor - we place our kirpans in our laps so they dont touch the floor - out of respect for our kakars - theres a kirpan in the nishaan sahib - so why are they on the floor too man - i could go on forever about this crap that goes on - but ill stop here

fateh

My rule is simple...forget about whats happening outside..leave that up to guru ji maharaj... guru ji created khalsa panth.. he is the one who will help the siants, sipahis and shaheeds ..so on

two things we people lack of -- sabar(pateince) and shakur (thanks to vahegurooo for everything)

there is nothing we can do except tryin and doin ardas... jiss tara hakum hoya ustar hii hunda hoonda..

A real sikh would always concentrate on true naam(vaheguroo) . his/her relationship with vaheguroo should be like an human need of air...

gurus taught us prema marg.. just sit in nice cozy place or desired place and mediatate no need for torturing urself like hangin upside ..goin in a jungle doing tapasaya... yes i agree mahapursh those days used to do that because they were comfortable of.. but thats not the only way...

imagine doin a affordable job for 6 hrs a day.. 6 am- 12 pm.. comin home after alone at h ome... do ishaan and meditate on vaheguroo's naam from 12 pm-2 pm even if in that period of time you got control over ur mind directly with naam... even that 2 hrs can help you to acheive salvation.. but i ll tell you this.. not from my experience but bhramgyanis expreince from the tapes i listen to ...

if you can do that 2 hrs ..control over ur mind..... you control over ur mind all together ...if you can do that 2 hrs.. you can do that 8hrs, 10 hrs even days...

but inorder for you to do ...you need to be alone.. that is a must... that is a really really must!!!!!!!!!!...or if u live in a family you need create that kinda environment..it wont help you if you are mediatating in one room .. another ur neice or nephews are playin rap music ...

guru ji is right... we can certainly acheive salvation in a family manner...but creating that kinda environment in the family is very very hard!!

wjkk,wjkf.

i agree with the most part of what my veer N3O S!NGH states.

however veer i don't agree in particular this statement that u made;

but inorder for you to do ...you need to be alone.. that is a must... that is a really really must!!!!!!!!!!...

we've been told that sangat is VERY important. i can tell u 4rm experience that when im alone at home & decide to do a bit of simran / kirtan, i can neva experience the same anand (peace/fulfilment) as when there are a few people around me.

take simran for example; play the simpliest tune but concentrate on the pronounciation of 'waheguru' once everyone begins 2 sing 2gtha, emphasising on the same place & become 1 voice... 8) waheguruuuu... 8)

this atmosphere can neva b created without that sangat.

---->@

answering Sikh_Soulja; i agree that ppl a disrespecting the khanda, & cheapening it by makin it a 'fashion item,' ur also right in stating that we lack knowledge & these things need 2 b rectified & taught to the sikh generation of 2mro...

...paaji, look in the right places & things look a lot different. :wink:

bhul chuf maaf

wjkk,wjkf

Guest kaur1699

wjkk,wjkf.

i agree with the most part of what my veer N3O S!NGH states.

however veer i don't agree in particular this statement that u made;

we've been told that sangat is VERY important. i can tell u 4rm experience that when im alone at home & decide to do a bit of simran / kirtan, i can neva experience the same anand (peace/fulfilment) as when there are a few people around me.

take simran for example; play the simpliest tune but concentrate on the pronounciation of 'waheguru' once everyone begins 2 sing 2gtha, emphasising on the same place & become 1 voice... 8) waheguruuuu... 8)

this atmosphere can neva b created without that sangat.

totally agree with u in respect to sangat....

Kaur ji...there is a difference between sangat and sat-sang???

We are told sat-sang is more important than sangat... which is soceity of saints... :D

when you look sukhmani sahib..its filled with soceits of saints...

vaheguroooooooooooooooo :D

Theres no point blasting ppl for not "looking the part" the bigger issue is getting ppl to "be the part".

Concentrate on the external after u have looked after the internal.

wjkk,wjkf

dear N30 S!INGH

there is a difference between sangat and sat-sang???

after asking around i withdrew these definitions

sangat: group of ppl

satsangat: congregation focusing on bani / kirtan / talking about sikhi

satsang: the bani / kirtan

so by being a part of a satsangat u will achieve satsang. :wink:

therefore u r completely right, satsangat is more important then sangat.

thanx 4 stating that theres a diff. 4give my ignorance.

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk,wjkf.