Guri ji and more than one wife...??

Issue really puzzles me..did our guru really have more than one wife?? Why (was there an intention/purpose for it?) Did he have children by all three (i think three is the number)?? Was it a norm for sikh men to have more than one wife in those days?? And did the gurus prior to guru gobind singh ji maharaj have more than one wife (ive hurd guru hargobind did, also)

And lalleshvari paji (cos i know u have views on this) could u please provide me with evidence so as to clear up this issue for me, and others, once and for all!

Gurfateh guru pyario!

Ok first of all the Idea of having more than one wife is either Sexual or simply out of Compassion or just circumstances.

So first find a reason to have moer than one wife, find the reason behind it and then you will be able to find the answer. Because you will find evidence that will support it and some that don't. leavin you torn apart on what to belive and what not too.

You must search for the reasons and if you belive that the Gurus were Devine, holy and fully enlightened individuals who had removed themselves of all of the 5 theives and were no different than God himself in a sargun forum then your answer will be much easier to find.

hope that helps sort things out.

I have considered that beleive me..but gurus jis motives arent something we can understand..is there evidience to suggest he did??

Our guru ji killed people in war..does that make him evil? There are some things which have to be done, which us mere mortals will never understand..so whats ur view pheena?

well that is exactly my view, i cannot pin-point the reason or define it because simply i don't have the mental understanding to know why (if) guru ji did marry more than once. And If it is true, there is a valid reason for it that has to be no other than compassion or just circumstance. It is his Leela, his play and whatsoever he desires to do so be it.

If someone belive just because guru ji married more than once and then make it ok for Sikhs to marry more than once, that is picking and choosing the things you wanted to follow. Well if that is the case, guru ji was also a great Brahmgiani, he was in love with god, he was a great poet, he was a great warrior, but no one will try to acheive those thing thru his teaching, but rather they get ahold of those thing which they can do to feed their own desires. The desire to marry more than one woman.....where desire has entered, the mind has entered and that can never be of pure reasons. In my View Guru ji never desierd to marry more than once, if it is true, then it was out of circumstance n compassion.

No one knows what guru ji is like or how they thought, except guru ji himself, the reasons revealed to guru ji were only undestood by guru ji himself.

One can speculate, create theories, but they will all be personal understanding of why was it so. Where Love is then every question is answered, until you haven't brought love into the equation, you will be filled with doubt and speculations.