Sikhs are Strong

http://jatt.com/sikhism/strong.sikhs.asp

Sikhs are Strong

Today I was driving to work when I noticed two people in the car next to me laughing at me. It reminded me of my school days when that used to be a normal phenomenon. I kind of flashed back to those days when, if I heard any laughter behind me it was usually at me, if I heard any whispers it was usually about me. At that time I used to think, why me? But now I realize why. Its easy to be like everyone else, easy to fit in, easy to make friends easy to get along, be cool be popular, but what does that accomplish? Absolutely nothing. But being different , it has made me a stronger person, a more sensitive person , a person more aware of my surroundings. Sikhs are different, keeping hair , turban and beards the go around, being proud of who they are. Guru Gobind Singh had a plan... to make a individual strong yet sensitive to human nature. Sometimes when I see young Sikhs with there patkas, in a foreign land keeping there heritage alive, I automatically know they are strong. Many times parents who lived in India do not know the difficulties faced by these young Sikhs. Every day is a challenge for them, every day a new problem a new joke, a new reason to ask why me? Through this the Sikhs have endured, they have high positions in many respectable fields. Many come to America, and give excuses on why they needed to cut there hair, or why they do cut it, but Real Sikhs give no excuses but answers, they survive threw tough times. The old saying 'when the going gets tough the tough get going' , the weak and unfit people get filtered out in this process. Only those who come out at the end of the tunnel are called true Sikhs, and even with the pressures of society and prejudice that do exist they come out as winners, and as role models for us to follow. Name any situation and I will find a Sikh who has endured, with strength and pride in his/her heritage. And on April 13, we will celebrate the birth of the khalsa, who is a khalsa? Someone who has stood by the Guru and in turn the guru has stood by him in times that he/she only had faith nothing else to rely on. When times are bad and faith is still high the Guru comes in ways we will never understand to give us strength to go on and succeed. Let us celebrate this Vasaikhi, and remember those Sikhs who gave there lives, not just died, but also endured much pressure so we could stand tall today and be proud of who we are and what we represent.

wjkk,wjkf

what is the gurus roop if it isn't backed up with the heart of a lion?

only when something is under threat, do we realise its importance

if we lack oxygen we will inevitably suffocate & our bodies fight for air until the very last moment...sikhi keeps a gursikh alive in this exact way, which is why so many have given up so much to stay true to their guru.

waheguru...plz bless your children to have the strength to accept this incomprable gift known as sikhism...

stay in chardi kalaa...

wjkk,wjkf