Work

You peeps on a serious note, gimme a hand with this one.

My friend works as a property developer in the City and is doing really well. The thing is he tells me he has to lie alot in his job in order to be succesful as a businessman.

For instance, say there is a plot of land for sale for £1million and there are 3 potential buyers. 2 of them may be his competitors, they would ask him(unofficially) if he is interested in buying, he would say no.

Then the other two would strike a deal on the land(ie ill take this for £850 k you can have £50k cash, if you dont out bid me). Then at the bidding time one would bid £850k, but my friend would go against his word and outbid him and pick up the land for say 900k(100k less than asking price)

He says that 'that is the way the property business works', you need to be 'sly' to get far.........

So the big question is it 'ok' for a Sikh to be a 'competitve businessman'?

Lets face it top businessmen - tend to be top 'schemers' aswell.

Forum ?

You peeps on a serious note, gimme a hand with this one.

My friend works as a property developer in the City and is doing really well. The thing is he tells me he has to lie alot in his job in order to be succesful as a businessman.

For instance, say there is a plot of land for sale for £1million and there are 3 potential buyers. 2 of them may be his competitors, they would ask him(unofficially) if he is interested in buying, he would say no.

Then the other two would strike a deal on the land(ie ill take this for £850 k you can have £50k cash, if you dont out bid me). Then at the bidding time one would bid £850k, but my friend would go against his word and outbid him and pick up the land for say 900k(100k less than asking price)

He says that 'that is the way the property business works', you need to be 'sly' to get far.........

So the big question is it 'ok' for a Sikh to be a 'competitve businessman'?

Lets face it top businessmen - tend to be top 'schemers' aswell.

Forum ?

"Her Kisi ko mukmel jaha nahi milta,

Kisi ko jamee tou kisi ko asma nahi milta"

It's Life.. he should decide.. whats his priority.. though, its an excuse that one has to tell lie to do business.. but there is no point on discussing on that.. so.. he should decide.. whats the priority.. telling lie is bad, its for sure...