Shouldnt-take life 4 granted..(Graphic Content) Advisory

I know these charities take up lots in needless administration, but even if a little of that money gets through, it's better than simply sitting here bemoaning the corruption. I generally use oxfam (who are less reactionary, and seem to be focused on long term goals), talking of which Sudan is happening right now and oxfam need donations. At this website you can donate on-line;

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what_you_can_do/gi...n_sudan_mtf.htm

As far as Pingalwara is concerned, yes it does great things, but if we are to use utilitarian principles here (oh god, I'm setting myself up for problems using consequentialist philosophies) then the more pressing needs should be the focus. Alas a lot of the sangat's money seems to disappear in the golak. It's about feeling for the wider picture I guess. I also realise there has to be a balance. If I took all this thinking to it's logical extreme, I wouldn't eat again over here, all being relatively wasted compared to the benefit it could have over there. However, something can always be done and an offering can always be made, like the saakhi about the sadhvi who is given 10 rupees, eats her dal and gives the remainder of her recieved donation to the needy.