internet explorer crashed , is there any way to fix it ?

karmjeet

pyareo,

my internet explorer is not working although the internet connection is working fine . it does not open any website and displaysa erroe message .currently i have opera and netscape navigator but i would still like to use Internet explorer .

is there any way i can fix IE and use it Again .please help

thank you very much

i am sure u cant uninstall IE as its tightly integrated into windows os.

Also inorder for someone to give u proper advice, you need to mention

your operating system

your IE browser version

what kind of error message is it (i.e page not found?)

you can Repair ur exising internet explorer by going to ADd remove and then choosing to Repair it.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

You know us Kaurs can give tech advice too lol! Actually, he's right about it being tightly integrated..but do tell us if the other browsers work.

By the way you may have a repair wizard with your ISP, try that as well..as it not only configures your connection but your browsers as well.

Also, perhaps there is a component missing or you recently insalled something..'Control Panel-->Add/Remove-->Internet Explorer' should say change/remove.

Do other things work such as msn messenger, etc?

yes , other browsers work fine .

messengers work fine too .

this means there is no problem with internet connection

but when i try to open any website on internet explorer , it says page not found . i have tried every website , nothing works .

there is no internet explorer in the add/remove program list .

i have win xp professional , version 2002 , service pack 1 ,

pentium 2 , 350 mhz

internet explorer's version is 6.0

yes , other browsers work fine .

messengers work fine too .

this means there is no problem with internet connection

but when i try to open any website on internet explorer , it says page not found . i have tried every website , nothing works .

there is no internet explorer in the add/remove program list .

i have win xp professional , version 2002 , service pack 1 ,

pentium 2 , 350 mhz

internet explorer's version is 6.0

Though i am sure you would have not configured any (wrong)proxy seetings, still it is good to check it once again.

Also, did u try this one-

you can Repair ur exising internet explorer by going to ADd remove and then choosing to Repair it

You know us Kaurs can give tech advice too lol!

:? meinu pata, beside i never said u gave the rong advice, i was simply asking Karamjeet for more info about the browser etc.

And we dont want u to get a reputation of geeknee, :roll: who will marry ju if u got 4 eyes, do eithe te do othee. :wink:

neways, yup its a proxy setting or somehting problem. Make sure ur browser is using the right internet connection and also click on the "Lan Settings" under connections tab and tick that "auto detect setitngs or wat have u".

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Exactly it sounds like a proxy setting. (hey Amar veerji you know I'm just joking)..usually when I get this problem nothing works for me. Explorer, messenger, etc..if you have an auto-repair from your ISP that should do the trick. For the Auto Detect simply go to Tools in internext Explorer, then Connections then click on LAN Settings..make sure everything is correct there.

This may sound silly but remove your cable from the modem and put it back in, sometimes it's the smallest things...

This may sound silly but remove your cable from the modem and put it back in, sometimes it's the smallest things...

You may be right..probably becuase it will re-assign the ip parameters(dns etc). but here the problem is just with IE and others application is working fine.. so the probability of this trick seems to be less. What do u say?

Guest Maha_Pavitar

I don't know jee, I've had the exact problem before..my connection was working but msn or IE wouldn't run. The configs. were correct as well, I pulled out the cable and did a reboot..everything was back to normal.