Meaning and significance of "raag maalaa pag 1429 - 143

There has been a lot of discussion about the RaagMala on this forum, so if you do a search you'l probly be able to get all the info you want. Additionally there was a Damdami Taksal article on the RaagMala which was excellent but I lost it when my hard drive died, maybe some other Sevadaars of this forum maybe able to help you with that. But here ive just given a basic, and breif explanation to ur question, u can expand on this by searching the forum and readin the article i mentioned if u get hold of it.

It is about Raags in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The Guru Granth Sahib Jis writing are poetic, and almost all of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is written in Raags. To sing Guru Ji's hymns to the actual raag they were written to makes the feelings of the shabad come across to us better. And when Gurbani was first written by Guru Sahibs I would think it was highly important to be played to Raags.

Hence the reason why Guru Arjun Dev Ji compiled RaagMala, it illustrates the importance and helps preserve the importance of Raags as ages commence, such as in todays world. I remember reading the RaagMala is found in the Kirtarpuri Bir, hence I belive Guru Arjun Dev Ji must have included it

Some people debate it is not Gurbani, I am not going to get into that, this is my personal view.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Thanx g-singh:

It now does make some sense.

I'll now try to decipher the meaning in light of this knowledge that the idea here is to depict all the Raags in which the whole Gurbani has been compiled.

I think it is very appropriate of the Guruji to present the details of the Raags in Raag Maala.