Divine Revelation

Was the message of Sikhism a divine revelation to the gurus?

Or were they teaching what they had realized through enlightenment (kinda like Buddha)?

It was divine revelation (Dhur Ki Bani)

Guru Nanak Dev Nirankar didn't had any Guru. They were khud Nirankar themselves.

Nirankar decided to see itself how it looks like. He went infront of the mirror. It was Guru Nanak Dev Nirankar.

Guru Nanak Dev Nirankar came in this world not to do bhagti but to save this burning world.

It's been known that the whole universe was craving for darshan of Jagat Guru.

"Waho Waho Bani Nirankar Hai" ||

Ok, but I have another question..then the similarities we have to Hinduism merely coincidental?

I mean was Guru Nanak every taught Hindu thought?

P.S. I say this because Hinduism is very broad, and some of them also believe in almost the same thing as in Sikhi..just thought that was interesting..

P.S.S. Not implying that Sikhism is a part of Hinduism, they are quite different, just wondering about the many similarities.

Ok, but I have another question..then the similarities we have to Hinduism merely coincidental?

I mean was Guru Nanak every taught Hindu thought?

P.S. I say this because Hinduism is very broad, and some of them also believe in almost the same thing as in Sikhi..just thought that was interesting..

P.S.S. Not implying that Sikhism is a part of Hinduism, they are quite different, just wondering about the many similarities.

There are Similarities between what the Guru Taught and What Jesus spoke of and same goes for Buddha and Muhaamed. The Truth does not change, nor is Truth limited to a certain religion. It is not bound by the lables of the ego/world. "AadH Such, Jugaadh Such, Hai Bhe Such, Nanak Hoase bhe Such" What was True at the Times of Krishan and the Rishis who wrote the Vedas and the Puranas is True Today. Guru Nanak dev ji merely expreesed it in his own way. The Similarities are not of Hindu but of the Universal Truth that was experienced by every Rishi, Avataar, Buddha..and so on.

Guru Nanak Dev Nirankar didn't had any Guru. They were khud Nirankar themselves.

A yogi asked Guru Nanak, “Who is your Guru or whose disciple are you?†“Word (Divine knowledge) is the Guru and my mind, which comprehends the Word is the disciple,†replied Guru Nanak.

http://www.sikhspectrum.com/112004/zidani_bs.htm

Also this is good to read, heres an extract.

"Once when bhagat kabeer was saying 'Raam, Raam' he found himself saying 'Kabeer, Kabeer'. He did ardas and asked Raam (God) why this was and Raam replied 'Raam and Kabeer are now one' (this Is in Guru Granth Sahib jee 'Ram Kabeer ek ha') and there was no difference between saying Raam or Kaabeer when refering to God. "

http://www.gurmatps.org/index.html?other_b..._guru_nanak_god

• 2 weeks later...