Same-sex marriage debate follows PM to India

SAadmin

I always felt Sikhi was a way to live my life, and not just a religion of rules. As far as I know SGGS doesn't address every social issue in the world. I think it teaches people how to deal, teaches people to have God in their hearts. On the topic of homosexuality, the only thing I think that could be used is that we are to live the life of a householder. However, that is still somewhat vague when it comes to being gay.

I don't have a problem with gay people; I have some gay friends too. However, I will agree that it is not natural, i.e. the parts don't fit (there's a reason for having male and female). I think gay people can do what they like, I will not pass any kind of judgment on them, nor will I make them believe what I do. I would like further research on “being gay†though. I mean is it something you are born with, or is it a disorder. I think once we learn that then it will be much easier to arrive at a conclusive decision. No ignorant person should ever pass any kind of judgment (Right now the whole world is ignorant when it comes to gays).

I have a question now, the Akal Takht, does it have temporal and spiritual authority over Sikhs?