Question ----> Path

Wahe Guru JI Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji ki Fateh

I've got a question

We do Path daily..

i've got a question about this..

My question is..

Path wicho Saanu ki Millda e?

I mean.....Like...we're..Or ATLEAST I AM reading GoD's Message over and over wivout understanding N E THING AT ALL..

Now I'm Instead reading the translation...of Path....

though i still dont understand

dat..

if doing Matra..is not "parvaan" in Sikhism...

den Path sin't dat like Mantra.?

reading God's Message over and OVER again

without gaining n e knowledge

aight if U read the translation of God's message u gain GAin Knowledge..but If Ur Jus reading the Message over and Over again without understand it...do u gain n e thin?

//Poola Chukaa Maaf Kardeyo es daas no

Virpal Singh

Sikhs are required to regularly read and understand the Gurbani written within the Guru Granth Sahib. Gurbani teaches God's virtues and how they can be revealed to us.

The daily recitation of hymns reminds us repeatedly of the pitfalls of egotism, anger, lust, attachment, and greed. The hymns encourage readers to develop good character by constantly reminding that these virtues bring peace.

Sikhs accept the word of the Guru as their guide. They regard the Guru Granth Sahib as their living Guru because from Gurbani, they obtain the spiritual guidance they need.

source: click here

THE DAILY BANIS

(Nitnem Namaa)

by Siri Singh Sahib Bhai Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji

From "Furmaan Khalsa: Poems to Live By"

-- -------------------------------------

The Yogi speaks effortlessly. ..

From the Love and Light of his Heart,

And from the depth of his meditative Wisdom.

Oh, Sikhs of the Guru! Oh, Khalsa! Listen to my Prayer!

The Nitnem is the Command given by the True Guru.

If you recite your Banis consciously,

You will gain Divine Knowledge.

It is by Guru's Grace that I tell you this,

And it is by God's Grace that you will be merged with Him.

When your Soul feels sad,

recite JAPJI in the depth of your Inner Self.

When your body feels useless,

recite SHADB HAZAARE.

When your Dignity is threatened,

meditate on JAAP SAHIB.

When nothing seems to satisfy you,

sing TEV PRASAAD SWAYIA each day.

When you feel hopeless, unsuccessful, and worthless,

That is the time to sing REHIRAS.

When your lower self confronts you,

and you seem to have no money,

When your affairs all seem to fail,

and your mind can find no Peace,

That is the time to sing ANAND SAHIB.

When you life seems boring, and you feel uninspired,

That's when you should sing KIRTAN SOHILA.

When the Light of your Soul is dim,

and the dark ethers surround you,

Then recite the Bhaugati Ardas.

If you sing Sukhmani from your heart,

You shall be wealthy and exhalted,

beyond your wildest dreams.

All the Bliss your mind desires, is yours,

when you meditate on Gobind, the destroyer of cruelty.

The Kingdom of the one who chants the Gurmantra,

Wahe Guru, Shall endure for ever and ever.

If you chant Sat Nam, all your affairs are arranged,

And all your desires are fulfilled.

When you sing Sopurkh, the Vision of the

Infinite Creator shall come to you.

The entire Universe fills the meditation,

Of the one who sings the watch of the So Dar.

When you sing the praises of Guru Ram Das,

God manifests in your Innermost Soul.

The Siri Sargam is such a powerful Naad,

That hearing it, even the homeless shall find a good home.

Hearing and singing the Guru Gayatri,

Rishi Dusht Daman will be the Protector of your home.

The Paintees Akharee gives the understanding of Yoga.

BENTI CHAUPEE liberates the Soul.

Whoever listens to, or recites the Bara Maha to others,

His home becomes an ocean of Peace and Bliss.

By eating lightly of healthy food,

One experiences the Bliss of Brahm,

and complete Liberation.

The Guru's Lungar is the very best food!

The entire Universe meditates at the Harimandir.

Whosoever recites his Nitnem daily,

Is blessed by Akal with Peace and Bliss!

source: Click Here

Sikhs accept the word of the Guru as their guide. They regard the Guru Granth Sahib as their living Guru because from Gurbani, they obtain the spiritual guidance they need.

When your Soul feels sad,

recite JAPJI in the depth of your Inner Self.

When your body feels useless,

recite SHADB HAZAARE.

When your Dignity is threatened,

meditate on JAAP SAHIB.

When nothing seems to satisfy you,

sing TEV PRASAAD SWAYIA each day.

When you feel hopeless, unsuccessful, and worthless,

That is the time to sing REHIRAS.

When your lower self confronts you,

and you seem to have no money,

When your affairs all seem to fail,

and your mind can find no Peace,

That is the time to sing ANAND SAHIB.

When you life seems boring, and you feel uninspired,

That's when you should sing KIRTAN SOHILA.

When the Light of your Soul is dim,

and the dark ethers surround you,

Then recite the Bhaugati Ardas.

If you sing Sukhmani from your heart,

You shall be wealthy and exhalted,

beyond your wildest dreams.

true true

but da tihngy is dat Ki faida If u absolutly dont understand N E THIN :.s..n u dont gain n e knowledge.. :S

aight...I would understand...if it is teached dat we read the translation..........

its like God send u his message in lets say FRENCH ,,you would read it..but you wouldn't understand n e thin :s

is there n e idea of reading the message of God over and over wivouth udnerstanding n e thin....n gaining n e knowledge about how to live life?

All the Bliss your mind desires, is yours,

when you meditate on Gobind, the destroyer of cruelty.

The Kingdom of the one who chants the Gurmantra,

Wahe Guru, Shall endure for ever and ever.

If you chant Sat Nam, all your affairs are arranged,

And all your desires are fulfilled.

When you sing Sopurkh, the Vision of the

Infinite Creator shall come to you.

The entire Universe fills the meditation,

Of the one who sings the watch of the So Dar

this I Understand and agree wiv...

But the thing Is paath (prayers)

in da end "tusi likheya si":

Whosoever recites his Nitnem daily,

Is blessed by Akal with Peace and Bliss!

BUT IF U DONT UDERSTAND :roll:

Okey i understand dat meditating and naaam jaapna...you should do

but paath i still dont get WHY..coz I dont udner stand n e thin...wouldn't it be ju better jus 2 read the translation :roll:

//Pulla CHukka maaf Kariyo is "notorious" daas no :roll:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FORGIVE THIS HUMBLE SLAVE IF I OFFENDED N E OF U

fateh mr singh - well the main thing is that u are sitting down to read gurbani... no one can fully understand gurbani fully first time... first month... first yr.... gurbani is kinda like punjabi but in more of a formal way... and most words that are used in gurbani uve never would have heard of ever... let alone be able to pronounce or understand them

this is the beauty of it.... u will always be learning something new... if u dont understand it - then learn paat at the gurdwara where they can teach u how to pronounce every word properly and also tell u the meanings

u can get gutkas which have the gurmuki writing... with the way to pronounce it underneath in english.... and accross the page u have the meaning of every akar.... now u cannot really get any better then that can u - a very good one is "sacred nitnem" by harbans singh dobai

ur saying "isnt it better to read the translation"... i dont really get u there... do u mean read the english translation such as "there is only one god".... instead of pronouncing it the gurmukhi way.. "ek o-unkar"??

well yes its good to understand - u should learn what everything means.... but u should be reading the gurmukhi way.... learn the meanings on the side.. and do ur paat normally :D

i hope ive been able to answer ur question on this..

bhul chuki di maafi

fateh ji

fateh mr singh - well the main thing is that u are sitting down to read gurbani... no one can fully understand gurbani fully first time... first month... first yr.... gurbani is kinda like punjabi but in more of a formal way... and most words that are used in gurbani uve never would have heard of ever... let alone be able to pronounce or understand them

this is the beauty of it.... u will always be learning something new... if u dont understand it - then learn paat at the gurdwara where they can teach u how to pronounce every word properly and also tell u the meanings

u can get gutkas which have the gurmuki writing... with the way to pronounce it underneath in english.... and accross the page u have the meaning of every akar.... now u cannot really get any better then that can u - a very good one is "sacred nitnem" by harbans singh dobai

ur saying "isnt it better to read the translation"... i dont really get u there... do u mean read the english translation such as "there is only one god".... instead of pronouncing it the gurmukhi way.. "ek o-unkar"??

well yes its good to understand - u should learn what everything means.... but u should be reading the gurmukhi way.... learn the meanings on the side.. and do ur paat normally :D

i hope ive been able to answer ur question on this..

bhul chuki di maafi

fateh ji

Dats da One I'm REading :LOL::D

thanx a lot .

helped really much

1 thing though :s

true..u should be able 2 pronounce and read Gurbani properly..n i try mMy best..

bt the thing is.. dat sumtimes i dunnu it feels like:

why aM I readin this when I dont understand so much...

Coz Now I've begun Reading that Gutka.....called

"Sacred Nitneem"

But wouldn't dat be better..n to read the translation of the WHole Guru Granth Saheb ji?

otherwise

Thanx a Lot 4 ur answer :D

1) kalyug (in my eyes) is making u question this.

Gur hai bani bani hai guru

GuruJi talks 2 u thru ur paath.

Trust - one day u will wake up and read ur nitnem and understand!!!!! Its a test in that will u give up... or will u proove ur faith...!!!!!!

You must read with the knowlege that your GURUz gave u this 4 a reason...! They gave it u as a seal... as your paath shapes u 4 wen u meet with God - which is wat ur paath dus - the path to God.

Your 5 Banis are the MINIMUM!!!!! Its the tax u pay to Guru Gobind SIngh Ji.

The bare minimums. Whether u understand it or not - ur efforts and attempts to understand it is making the space 4 u up with God.

Your 5 Banis like i sed is the tax... puttting SIkhi into practice and monovering it into your life is anutha test!!!

To grow a seed u need to water it grow it and nourish it and put it in a gud environment..>!!!!!!!

Your panj baina are doing that to u!!! These Banis will shape u...!

Just bcuz u dont understand it dusnt meen u dont have any knowlege!!! You are receiving knowlege... it just hasnt "kicked in" yet...!

Its about devotion too... GuruJi wants to test whether u will carry on reading or not, or will u just give up!

WHy do we repeat Vaheguru Vaheguru Vaheguru... - i mean we're repeating the same word over and over agen... bit weird - but the fruits dvotion and joy u r planting for your life and any other lives is mounting..!

paaht will clear ur sins!!! Wipes the kapra inside u clean..!

Bul Chuk Maff

Hope dat helps

1) kalyug (in my eyes) is making u question this.

Gur hai bani bani hai guru

GuruJi talks 2 u thru ur paath.

Trust - one day u will wake up and read ur nitnem and understand!!!!! Its a test in that will u give up... or will u proove ur faith...!!!!!!

You must read with the knowlege that your GURUz gave u this 4 a reason...! They gave it u as a seal... as your paath shapes u 4 wen u meet with God - which is wat ur paath dus - the path to God.

Your 5 Banis are the MINIMUM!!!!! Its the tax u pay to Guru Gobind SIngh Ji.

The bare minimums. Whether u understand it or not - ur efforts and attempts to understand it is making the space 4 u up with God.

Your 5 Banis like i sed is the tax... puttting SIkhi into practice and monovering it into your life is anutha test!!!

To grow a seed u need to water it grow it and nourish it and put it in a gud environment..>!!!!!!!

Your panj baina are doing that to u!!! These Banis will shape u...!

Just bcuz u dont understand it dusnt meen u dont have any knowlege!!! You are receiving knowlege... it just hasnt "kicked in" yet...!

Its about devotion too... GuruJi wants to test whether u will carry on reading or not, or will u just give up!

WHy do we repeat Vaheguru Vaheguru Vaheguru... - i mean we're repeating the same word over and over agen... bit weird - but the fruits dvotion and joy u r planting for your life and any other lives is mounting..!

paaht will clear ur sins!!! Wipes the kapra inside u clean..!

Bul Chuk Maff

Hope dat helps

That really Touched me

thanx A lot :D :D :D :D :D

THANK U VERY VERY VERY MUCH

DUNNU HOW 2 tank u...

hanji that I udnerstand

I was a bt radly about Paatth

THANK U VERY MUCH

CNA't find the words 2 THANk u guys :D

mr singh - i think its best to start off small first - u should do WHAT U CAN!!... whether its 5 minutes of "waheguru waheguru" simran.... mool mantar... japji sahib.... panj baniya... and so on...

if u can do panj baniya.. asa di var , sukhmani sahib, rehras and anything more in a day... then u should do it... the more the better

however when u start... start small and work ur way up holi holi... u gotta learn how to crawl b4 u can walk eh :wink:

but anyway - if u wish to have a look at an online translated shri guru granth sahib

www.sikhitothemax.com

fateh ji

ok im stupid - sorry - if u r just starting out!!!!

Yeah - take it slowly!! But remember - u keep at it - ull understand it!

You dont know how much Paaht u done in your last life or done suming WIKID thats given u da chance 2 do it in this life!!!!!!

Gods given u a gift in disguise or blessing in disguise!!!!!!

B4 i start my Paaht - ijust take a minuete to remind myself wot am i doing this 4, to clear my head out... i always think of GuruJi sitting and listening to me... that helps me!!! I wana pray at my best - yeh we all have days where we jus do it and den get out da house etc... but the days u wake up and genuinly know u can spend a little longer than normal... thats the day i know i wana show Gos sum love, after all, They have only ever given me love...! Im living and healthy init!!!!!!

ok im stupid - sorry - if u r just starting out!!!!

Yeah - take it slowly!! But remember - u keep at it - ull understand it!

You dont know how much Paaht u done in your last life or done suming WIKID thats given u da chance 2 do it in this life!!!!!!

Gods given u a gift in disguise or blessing in disguise!!!!!!

B4 i start my Paaht - ijust take a minuete to remind myself wot am i doing this 4, to clear my head out... i always think of GuruJi sitting and listening to me... that helps me!!! I wana pray at my best - yeh we all have days where we jus do it and den get out da house etc... but the days u wake up and genuinly know u can spend a little longer than normal... thats the day i know i wana show Gos sum love, after all, They have only ever given me love...! Im living and healthy init!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :)