6 WEDDINGS SUCCESSFULLY RE-ARRANGED

ifithelps

Respect For Sri Guru Granth Sahib Campaign

Press Release 15 August 2005

Six Weddings Successfully Re-arranged to Gurdwara Sahibs, August 2005.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

With the blessings of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, there is a growing awareness to the 1998 Hukamanama released by Sri Akal Takht Sahib forbidding the taking of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to hotels, clubs, pubs, banqueting halls and other places where meat, alcohol & cigarettes are served.

The Campaign has worked with the Authorities, Wedding Planners and Family members to successfully re-arrange six weddings where the Saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was to be taken to Banqueting Suites. The weddings were scheduled from 14th to 28th August 2005 around Docklands, Heathrow, Surrey and Slough. We would like to thank all those who fully cooperated and realised the importance to maintain Sikh Maryada.

The Campaign continues to build a strong working relationship with Police Forces from London, Thames Valley & Surrey. Contrary to media writing and other rumours the Campaign is open about its activities and its stance. In this current hostile climate within the UK, the British Sikh Sangat has exercised its right to peacefully protest at Camberley as well as put forward its view to UK authorities.

The various rumours relating to the Sangat’s protest on 31 July 2005 in the Punjabi Press are misrepresented and grossly exaggerated. The Surrey Police Force were fully informed and present during the day and would not have tolerated any abuse of Sikh kirpans. The Police would have had enough justification to immediately arrest. No arrests or charges were made on the day or subsequently.

The Campaign updates the Authorities constantly and makes them aware of any family members or other individuals who will be contacted. The Authorities have all information to easily clamp down on any alleged threatening or violent behaviour.

The Campaign will continue to strive to stop the bad practice of taking the Saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to hotels, clubs, pubs, banqueting suites within the UK. The Campaign has nothing to hide and the activities of the Campaign will remain transparent.

GurFateh!

--------------------

Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign

07944 445651

sikhalerts@yahoo.co.uk

www.GuruGranthSahibJi.com

www.SikhDreamWeddings.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Sparkle define Fundamentalism please.

Look it up .............http://www.askoxford.com

& analyse the current siutation with the teachings of Sikhi & you will have your answer..............

Hell just look @ the opening line from the SGGS of this site , that should give you a pointer .................. re "what is inherently wrong" with your tactics & rationale ...................

next you'll be telling us to crawl around everyehere coz the SGGS is in the vicinity @ a height of just 0.5m ........................... :arrow:

your answer is not sufficient to me. i can look it up but i wanted u to explain...i am worried that u have got it all wrong.

so i take it you are an expert on the teachings?

i've got my answer..... thanx for your concern.

what r the tactics? i take it u are antarjami and u have been there everyone time someone has even flinced?

sorry if u have to lower yourself for Guru Maharaj....i do apologise.

p.s any advice on how we shud go about things?

And will u be helping seeing they r your ideas?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji!!

Sangat has received confirmation from Craig Robertson, Director Conference & Banqueting of Royal Lancaster Hotel London, that the Anand Karaj will not happen in the hotel & Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will not be brought onto the hotel complex.

The Anand Karaj will happen at Shepard’s Bush Gurdwara, on 23rd October 2005, which is 5 minutes from the hotel.

Craig admitted that the board of directors could not believe the response & the emotions of the Sikh Community. He also said that they did not receive any abusive or confrontational telephone call or email. The Sangat who rang it or emailed wished to educate the hotel about Sikh Principles and the greatness of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Royal Lancaster is in the process of drafting a statement and this will be emailed to all members of the Sangat who sent an email about this issue. This should be out by the evening.

Thank you to all, Guruji has blessed everyone.

It is amazing to see the passion within our Sikh Sangat who stand against beadbi. Together we can work towards the end of this bad practice of taking Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to hotels, clubs, banqueting halls etc where alcohol, meat & tobacco is continuously served.

GurFateh!

-- ------------------

Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign

07944 445651

sikhalerts@yahoo.co.uk

www.GuruGranthSahibJi.com

www.SikhDreamWeddings.co.uk

~ Vahiguroo Vahiguroo Vahiguroo Vahiguroo Vahiguroo ~

My Congurlations to sevadars of siri guru granth sahib maharaj on fateh of this peaceful morcha to reserve respect of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Bolleh Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Nihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

Sat Siri Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

your answer is not sufficient to me. i can look it up but i wanted u to explain...i am worried that u have got it all wrong.

so i take it you are an expert on the teachings?

i've got my answer..... thanx for your concern.

what r the tactics? i take it u are antarjami and u have been there everyone time someone has even flinced?

sorry if u have to lower yourself for Guru Maharaj....i do apologise.

p.s any advice on how we shud go about things?

And will u be helping seeing they r your ideas?

dude, you read my opinions on what I think tactics should be on SPo so I don't see why you're asking the same question again.

Just remember what I said there: If you're going to tackle a fire then tackle it at the base. In other words, address those that are truely responsible >> the Gyanis from the Gurdwara involved. :!:

Look it up .............http://www.askoxford.com

& analyse the current siutation with the teachings of Sikhi & you will have your answer..............

Hell just look @ the opening line from the SGGS of this site , that should give you a pointer .................. re "what is inherently wrong" with your tactics & rationale ...................

next you'll be telling us to crawl around everyehere coz the SGGS is in the vicinity @ a height of just 0.5m ........................... :arrow:

Just a quick note dude, that is not from SGGS, that is the Opening line in Akal Ustat (Dasam Granth).................. 8)