amrita priya bachan tuhaaray

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.g...=t&id=23680

Transliteration from faridkotee teeka/ sant ameer singh (sevapanthi)/bhai veer singh

1)My beloved one, your words are sweet and timeless (amrit).

2)Incomparably beautiful, causing one to be hopelessly drawn to you, my dear one….you are within everything and still away from us all (harry’s note: ik –oangkar philosophy…where the closest we can get to god, being manifest is the oangkar or the resonating element which Is manifest from the time of creation). (NOTE: the qualities of god which are being praised: (beloved, beautiful, charmingly attractive….the key thing to note is how these are qualities which have drawn the seeker to god, which is within….this love creates a majestic admiration…..hence, god is seen as a sovereign in the next few stanzas).

3)hey my sovereign, I don’t want to dominate anything in this world, nor do I want liberation. All I ask for is that my heart hold a permanent place for your lotus feet (impression of god) within it. (harry’s note: this is referring to the fact that most people want to be successful, either spiritually or materialistically (or both), and both have the desire of building theirselves up….<only to get shattered> guruji is exemplifying the desire of a true sikh/(seeker)…which is submission to that

4) brahma, shiv, siddha’s, muni’s, worshippers of inder are all manifestations of worshipped entities, but for me, you are the only one worth worshipping. ( Harry’s note: the reason being that these are all manifestations of god, in god’s sargun (tangible) qualities, and worshipping any of them means seeing duality, but in essence, all that is seen is one entity)

5)hey lord, I have come in poverty to your door. I have failed in life and submitted my self (fallen at the feet of the saints) to the way of the saints. (the term sant here refers to the state where one is aware of the divine spark within and one is hence an observer, and no longer the ego…..din is also referring to way, when understood in arabic….hence, this can be understood as : I have chosen the way of life/religion(din) which brings me to your door oh lord, and I have submitted to those who you have blessed (the saints) and have forsaken my way. (sant although referring to an individual is actually the state of existence without ego and one is a sant when they have gurparsaad….the reward after the hard work of giving oneself up).

6) nanak says, when I met the creator (prabhu)…(which only happened after I gave my mind to the creator (manohar- man;mind, har; lost) or lost my mind to the creator did my mind attain sweet bliss from which my mind really blossomed)…. This means that my mind gained peace and blossomed to its full potential when I gave my mind to god.