Gurfateh !

I have a question regarding this Shabad of Guru Gobind Singh Ji,

Maajh Sri Mukhvaak Patshahi 10 - "Lakhi Jungle Khalsa"

maajh sree mukhavaak paathashaahee 10

laakhee ja(n)gal khaalasaa aae dheedhaar lago nae ||

sun kai saadh maahee dhaa mae(n)ehee paanee ghaahu matho nae ||

kisae naal n raleeaa kaaee koee souk piyo nae ||

giaa firaak miliaa mith maahee thaahee shukar kitho nae ||

Please correct me if I am wrong - but this Shabad does not occur in the Standard Siri Dasam Granth Sahib. The Dasam Granth Sahib contains 1 Khiaal and 9 shabads in Raag (in Shabad Raagan de also known as Shabad Hazaare) - these shabads are in 6 raags - Raamkali , Sorath, Kalyan, Tilang, Bilawal and Devgandhari.

Is there any reason for this ? Where is this Shabad recorded ?

I have looked in both The Dasm Granth sahib and The Maajh shabads in The Sarb Loh Granth Sahib , but have been unable to locate this shabad.

Please forgive me if I am incorrect and this shabad is in the Dasam Granth Sahib -- please correct me and I would be grateful if you could tell me the location.

If the shabad does not occur I would be grateful if any one could say where it is recorded and any reasons why it is not with the other 'Shabad Raagan de' .

Many Thanks

Looking forward to your responses,

Bhul Chuk Maaf ,

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'

Satkaar Yogh Vijaydeep Singh Ji,

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh !

Dearest Bhai Sahib thankyou for your detailed instructions on how to find this Shabad - I have found it !!!

I have asked many people - they have always said it is at the end of the Dasam Granth Sahib - But I have been unable to find it - however thanks to your guide I have found it

The Version of Dasam Granth Sahib I have is the 8 Volume Steek by Giani Narain Singh Ji and this shabad is on page 693 volume 5, part of the Asfotak Kabit just before 'Sikhi rehat'.

Many Thanks Bhai Sahib.

I am posting the Shabad for SA sangat to enjoy - I Love this shabad it speaks of the Joy felt by the Khalsa, residing in the Lakhi Jungle, when they heard Guru Sahib , Sri Dashmesh Pita , had come to visit them in the Lakhi Jungle. It tells of their uncontolled joy and love and yearning for a Darshan of Guru Sahib.

The Jungle no longer exists but a Gurdwara - Gurdwara Lakhisar, Mehma Sarja, Goniana, District Bathinda marks the event.

Here is the Beautiful Shabad with punjabi translation

lakhi0xe.jpg

*from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji - Steek , Giani Narain Singh Ji, page 693, volume 5-- CSJS Nov 2002 edition

Here is an English Translation :

In the Lakhee Jungle,

the Khalsa heard of the coming of the Guru, and they longed to gain a sight of him.

Just as hearing the call of the herdsman,

the water buffalo leave their water and feeding.

In their joy, they all ran,

each trying to pass the others

to see their Beloved.

Their anxieties were dispelled

when they met their Herdsman, the Guru.

And so in deep gratitude, they gave thanks.

and another by Shanti Kaur Khalsa from Sikhnet

In the Lakkhee Jungle, the Khalsa heard of His coming and they longed to see Him. Just like when the water buffalo hear the call of the herdsman, they leave their food and water to rush to him. In their joy and excitement they ran to see their Beloved, each trying to pass the other to get there first. Their pain was gone when they met the Guru, their herdsman, and they gave thanks!

WAHEGURU ! So beautiful !!

GurFateh !

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'