~Discourse on Simran- Shabad, 3rdeye, DasamDvar(Tenth Door)~

i think its because a lot of youth in UK etc are involved in AKJ which gives this group a lot of resources and competences as youngsters are more mobile and creative in communications etc. I dont think the samprdayas has a hold on western youth yet..

I totally agree with you there.

On the other hand i think that a lot of youngsters with ties to the samprdays has a lot of materials and documents themselves which they for some reason do not share with others.. I was very surprised to see that someone has started to translate suraj parkash granth 3 years ago.. but where is it now? i think we have a tendency to hide things when they are done, instead of sharing. i for instance have created and translated various articles and books on sikhism in my local language, yet it took me more than 2 years to publish yet. i had them on my computer for 2 years before i put em on a website...

I don't think its that simple. There are number of factors why samparda's material is not coming out much in English, i think to say youths leaning towards samparda's do not share with others is over statement.

Here are some of the factors:

- Difficulty translating puratan literature into English because of depth, deep poetry(suraj parkash granth) and deep adhyatamic subjects where one has to have knowledge of adhyatam, advait, vedant and poetry of urdu/persian before one can authorize to translate the puratan materials released by puratan samparda's.

- Very time consuming because of terms used in puratan granths requires studying of additional resources before translating.

- It comes down to vidya gurdev despite of youths leaning towards puratan samparda.

But, with all that being said, i don't think its that bad. As they say, grass is greener on the other side always. Lets look at the positives like eg- bhavasraamrit translated into english and shared, as well discourse on the beyond book series vol 1-6 on this thread and some parts of being shared, books by sant jagjit singh ji - society of saints, ultimate guide to sri akaal purkh grace, pachmi parkash of hoti all are translated into english and shared, mystic divine revelations by sant niranjan singh ji and many more.

So far, i truly believe if one wishes or dig deep, one can do full phd in sikhi by reading puratan materials in engilsh, in other words- fetch out very good idea of tat sidhant of gurmat by reading puratan literature in English.

in this respect i think akj youth is more mobile, motivated and creative..

I totally agree with this statement too. I wish youths from all the jatha's and samparda's be more mobile, motivated and creative to take cyber seva.

two years ago you could download some 50-70 pages of Suraj Parkash Granth and Panth Parkash. What happend to this project, why is it not possible to download the remaining parts that have been translated so far ? There are a few users on this site who've written/translated hundreds of pages of damdami taksal/nirmala litterature, why has'nt it been published yet ( i remember kam ji said he wrote something about avatarvaad some 2 years ago on this forum, what happend to this project) etc..

i think a lot of people has valuable litterature and translations on their computers which they for some reason do not share (maybe because they are waiting for someone to publish it,) but in the meantime please put it online for the rest of sangat who wish to read it in pdf format instead of book fomat which takes years to produce.

the website nihangsingh.ord is just awesome.. im so glad to see this website up and running with additional updates each month

Yes there are some books from sampardayas but the problem with them is they are very rare to get hold of. Discourse on Beyond i've been looking for a very long time and still no luck. Where as if i wanted a Bhai Randhir is book i could just pop down to any punjabi store DTF or somewhere and easily get my hands on the book.

Also is there a link to any of your articles on Sikhi ?

Thanks