• 4 months later...

Chopei

mY n gnysih ipRQm mnwaUN ] iksn ibsn kbhUM nh iDAwaUN ]

Mai 'N' ganays(i) pritham manaaoo(n)| kisan bisan kabhoo(n) neh dhiaaoo(n)

I do not praise or hail Ganesh before I start any task. (In old times, often Ganesh would be hailed before starting any task). Nor do I let the thought of Vishnu or any incarnations of Vishnu (i.e. Krishna) enter my mind. (Meaning Guru Gobind Singh Ji never regarded Vishnu or any avatars as the supreme Lord; Akaal purakh, as he states next.)

kwn suny pihcwn n iqn so ] ilv lwgI morI pg ien so ]2]

Kaan sunay pahichaan 'N' thin so| liv laagee more pag in so I know of their existence, but I do not ever worship them. May my prayers and thoughts always be in the immaculate, holy feet of the Lord (the one and only).

Bhul chuk maaf

3 hours ago, paapiman said:

snip

1. Firstly, you are going off topic on your original post, which was about 9 types of Bhagti. However, since this is related to our other discussions I will continue on in points 2 and 3.

2. Secondly, Prehlaad ji (Vishnu bhagat) was the one who talked about the 9 types of Bhagti. That's how it makes its way to Guru Granth Sahib.

Vishnu means "one who resides everywhere". Prehlaad ji is his bhagat.

Kabir ji says -  ਰਾਮ ਜਪਉ ਜੀਅ ਐਸੇ ਐਸੇ ॥ ਧ੍ਰੂ ਪ੍ਰਹਿਲਾਦ ਜਪਿਓ ਹਰਿ ਜੈਸੇ ॥੧॥
Meditate on "Ram" the way, Dhruv (Vishnu bhagat) and Prehlaad (Vishnu bhagat) meditated on Hari/Vishnu.

Background -
In Vaishnav religions, Ram is another name of Vishnu/Hari. With the physical body of Ram being a vehicle of Vishnu/Hari/Ram.

Atma can unite with Vishnu/Ram - one who resides everywhere - though love.

Kabir ji says ਭੋਲੇ ਭਾਇ ਮਿਲੇ ਰਘੁਰਾਇਆ
King of Raghu Clan can only be met through innocent love.

King of Raghu Clan is an epithet of Ram Chandra ji that makes reference to his clan called the Raghus.

3. Thirdly, Dasam Granth is a compilation of multiple books, with a lot of mini books and smaller compositions, all compiled together.

A. It is a compilation of multiple books like -

-Bachittar Natak Granth
No doubts. These names are written internally in those books.

B. Each book has a different belief structure.

In Chaubis Avtar, there is worship of Bhagwati for instance.

ਅਥ ਦੇਵੀ ਜੂ ਕੀ ਉਸਤਤ ਕਥਨੰ ॥
Now I will recite praises of Devi.

Then the author goes on to worship Devi's qualities.

Is it any surprise that he later says -
ਮੈ ਨ ਗਨੇਸ਼ਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਮਨਾਊਂ ॥ ਕਿਸ਼ਨ ਬਿਸ਼ਨ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨਹ ਧਿਆਊਂ ॥ I don't worship Ganesh or Krishna-Vishnu.

- Chaubis Avtar

Remember both the worship of Devi and the statement of non-worship of Ganesh and Vishnu is written in Chaubis Avtar.
ਅਥ ਦੇਵੀ ਜੂ ਕੀ ਉਸਤਤ ਕਥਨੰ ॥ and following stanzas...
ਮੈ ਨ ਗਨੇਸ਼ਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਮਨਾਊਂ ॥ ਕਿਸ਼ਨ ਬਿਸ਼ਨ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨਹ ਧਿਆਊਂ ॥
Both are part of the same composition.

Is it any surprise that he doesn't worship those names but worships Devi instead?

Why does he worship Devi?
...because that is his belief system.

It is a different religion. Shakat religion (Devi) is different than Ganapatya (Ganesh) and Vaishnav (Krishna-Vishnu) religions.

In Gyan Prabodh, the author says -
ਜੋ ਇਹ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਨੈ ਅਰੁ ਗਾਵੈ ॥ ਦੂਖ ਪਾਪ ਤਿਹ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਭਗਤਿ ਕੀ ਏ ਫਲੁ ਹੋਈ ॥ ਆਧਿ ਬਯਾਧਿ ਛ੍ਵੈ ਸਕੈ ਨ ਕੋਈ ॥੮੫੯॥
Whoever listens to this story and sings this story (Ramayan), he will be free from the sufferings and sins. The reward of the devotion to Vishnu (and his incarnation Ram) is that no ailment of any kind will touch him.

Edited by BhagatSingh

21 hours ago, paapiman said:

Chopei

mY n gnysih ipRQm mnwaUN ] iksn ibsn kbhUM nh iDAwaUN ]

Mai 'N' ganays(i) pritham manaaoo(n)| kisan bisan kabhoo(n) neh dhiaaoo(n)

I do not praise or hail Ganesh before I start any task. (In old times, often Ganesh would be hailed before starting any task). Nor do I let the thought of Vishnu or any incarnations of Vishnu (i.e. Krishna) enter my mind. (Meaning Guru Gobind Singh Ji never regarded Vishnu or any avatars as the supreme Lord; Akaal purakh, as he states next.)

kwn suny pihcwn n iqn so ] ilv lwgI morI pg ien so ]2]

Kaan sunay pahichaan 'N' thin so| liv laagee more pag in so I know of their existence, but I do not ever worship them. May my prayers and thoughts always be in the immaculate, holy feet of the Lord (the one and only).

Bhul chuk maaf

The above might sound like off-topic. Bhagtee of Sri Vishnu jee (a demi-God) was brought up in this topic, which is completely contrary to Gurmat principles. Sikhs respect demi-Gods, but never worship them or equate them to Waheguru. 

Only Bhagti of the Almighty Lord, Waheguru, is accepted in Gurmat. He can be called by thousands of names - Waheguru, Akaal, Rabb. Ram, Hari, Vishnu, Allah, Khuda, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf

Another Gurbani tuk, related to Sri Vishnu jee.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨ ਅੰਤੁ ਨਹਿ ਪਾਇਓ ॥

Barahamaa Bisana Aantu Nahi Paaeiaoa ॥

ब्रहमा बिसन अंतु नहि पाइओ ॥

Brahma and Vishnu Could not know His end.

47614 ਦਸਮ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਪੰਨਾ ੩੪ ਪੰ. ੧੪

Bhul chuk maaf

Sri Chaupai Sahib jee

Kaal purakh kee dehm(i) kotik bisan mahays| kot(i) indr brahmaa kithay rav sas(i) kror jalays

In the Timeless God's formless body, reside hundreds of millions of Vishnus and Shivas. There are hundreds of millions of heavens, Brahmas, suns, moons and other deities.

Bhul chuk maaf

Another Gurbani tuk, related to Sri Krishan jee (one of the incarnations of Sri Vishnu jee).

ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਉਪਾਏ ॥

Kite Karisana Se Keetta Kottai Aupaaee ॥

किते क्रिसन से कीट कोटै उपाए ॥

He hath Created millions of Krishnas like worms.

Bhul chuk maaf

ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਮਹੇਸਰ ਬਿਸਨ ਸਚੀਪਤਿ ਅੰਤ ਫਸੇ ਜਮ ਫਾਸਿ ਪਰੈਂਗੇ ॥

Barahama Mahesara Bisana Sacheepat(i) Aanta Phase Jama Phaasi Paraiaaʼnge ॥

ब्रहम महेसर बिसन सचीपति अंत फसे जम फासि परैंगे ॥

Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu and Consort of Sachi (Indra) would ultimately fall in the noose of death.

57010 ਦਸਮ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧ ਪੰ. ੧੦

Bhul chuk maaf

There are two pitfalls, which a Sikh should avoid.

First - Engaging in any form of Ninda of any Devi/Devta. This is a heinous sin in Sikhism. 

Second - Equating any Devi/Devta (including Sri Vishnu jee) to the Almighty Lord, Waheguru. This is called "Ustat".

Gurmat Marag

ਉਸਤਤਿ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਦੋਊ ਤਿਆਗੈ ਖੋਜੈ ਪਦੁ ਨਿਰਬਾਨਾ ॥

In should renounce both praising and blaming others and search for the dignity of salvation.

Bhul chuk maaf

We have to realize in indic vedic philosophy term vishnu is referred to both sargun and nirgun, at times its referred to maha vishnu (nirgun), shiv is referred to sada shiv. It's little more complex just like how sri guru gobind singh ji recited deh shiva bor mohe for nirgun - paratma- almighty not sargun shiv. So before jumping to conclusion we need to really contextualize whats being said as we would for gurbani.

3 minutes ago, N30 S!NGH said:

We have to realize in indic vedic philosophy term vishnu is referred to both sargun and nirgun, at times its referred to maha vishnu (nirgun), shiv is referred to sada shiv. It's little more complex just like how sri guru gobind singh ji deh shiva bor mohe for nirgun - paratma- almighty not sargun shiv. So before jumping to conclusion we need to really contextualize whats being said as we would for gurbani.

Just to add bhaisahab ..it is mentioned Shivaa here and not Shiv..Shivaa is for Sri Bhagouti ji