Is This The Language We Use For Sikh Heroes?

Dalsingh101 wrote:

Flippin hell Ishraqi. Have you got a good word for anyone?

I actually have. Here are a few examples:

Malcolm X: born in most humble and difficult conditions he raised himself above that condition by his own efforts by educating himself, learning philosophy, Latin etc in prison. Instead of describing the darkness he was born in he raised himself above it. He gave his life for justice and truth and he remains the best thing that ever happened to the Afro American community.

Natalie Dessay: my favourite opera singer. She has the most perfect interpretation of the Duo des Fleures from Delibes' opera Lakmé. Simply amazing voice: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...desfleurs_music makes you realize how wonderful life can be.

And of course Ana Moura:

best fado voice after Amalia Rodrigues.

There is a lot of beautiful thing I love and it's because of that love for Beauty that I loathe modern youth culture which has only one aim: to degrade the human being to the level on a bestial slave.

Mithar wrote:

I think he is against youth popculture of all ethnic communities.

I am indeed against moder youth culture and even more so in ethnic communities who often come from regions of the world where people have some good values. Having been in many Panjabi homes I was always amazed by the contrast between the decent behaviour of the parents (not always though) compared to their kids. I find it sad that people whose parents come from a region of the world where values like honour, chastity, tolerance etc exist, become totally corrupted by this trash bhangra culture and the adoption of mainstream youth culture. It's deeply saddening to see people praise that trash bhangra culture as being part of their "cultural heritage" whereas there is so much more to Panjabi culture than that whole kanjar business. You can call me strict but in my view of the world one cannot remain a religious person while dancing to songs praising sharab etc it just doesn't work. And I am even more ashamed by the fact that I myself used to dance to these songs before. May God forgive me for that.

I know I sound harsh but like a good father would say:"You only see the slaps, you don't see the love that is in them" :)