Bigots

HSD1

god, your english is bad. you see that part you call a definition? yes? now see the part where it refers to 'a person' and then goes on to use 'one' in the sense of an individual. do you understand that it refers to one person? so why do you go on to start describing countries? there are other words to describe your examples at an international/national level, and bigotry is not one of them. also, the examples you give are not 'institutional', as any one with a bit of intelligence would know. just because you see the rest of us use 'big' or 'intelligent' words, doesnt mean you have to copy us like some monkey. i hope you learnt something just now. i realised why you cant respond to any of my points and use the 'holier-than-thou' attitude. it's all you have.

It is not fault of my english it is your mental blockade that makes you unfit to comprehend bigotry at national level. That shows your limitations in understanding the subject when applied at a larger scale as you have elarned it one way and for you that is the only way.

Read this below about institutionalized bigotry rsorted by US president Andrews jackson

http://www.nativeweb.org/papers/essays/mclaughlin.html

My response to Mr. Weiss' explanation is that the Library of Congress' response regarding "removal" vs. "relocation" is simply a contemporary example of institutionalized bigotry towards American Indians..

Edited by singh2

wow. what is wrong with you? cant you admit your wrong and that you derailed a thread because you have serious intellect issues? btw i searched 'bigotry promoted by governments' and all the links were to complete junk. point proved. now run along you moron.

Our friend HSD needed reference of bigotry at national level.Examples were given but he was not willing to accept those.

here is another refrence of bigotry as part of South african Govt during aparthied.

http://www.unimelb.edu.au/malcolmfraser/speeches/parliamentary/apartheid.html

The difference in South Africa is simply that racial intolerance, bigotry and discrimination are enshrined in the law in a multitude of ways. People cannot move without a police pass. People of the wrong colour cannot live in certain areas. People of the wrong

Edited by singh2

what link? how is it childish to confine a word to its own definition? are you suddenly a master of the english language now as well as being the judge of who is/isnt a sikh?

i know a lot more about history than you. please tell me your what qualifications you have. i know about confederate america and the kkk, and there are words to describe what happened there, and bigotry is not one of them. go back and read the first post. i was not asking for every admin cut to come on here and post what they think is bigotry; i asked others how we can go about dealing with it. but some of you are so retarded you couldnt even understand that and went off on one. you cannot answer a single point and seem to think everyone should agree with your stupidity.

Mod's Note: First warning given to HSD for making personal attacks against singh2 in multiple places . Please in future learn to target the message not the messenger. This forum will not tolerate personal attacks. Please use civility tone when doing discussion, personal attacks is not only distasteful but also looses all credibility in the post.

wow. what is wrong with you? cant you admit your wrong and that you derailed a thread because you have serious intellect issues? btw i searched 'bigotry promoted by governments' and all the links were to complete junk. point proved. now run along you moron.

have not you read my previous psot where refrence was provided There is another one for south africa. i have lived there myself when sent on an appointment by my company. You will not know this sitting in your home.

During my stay there i tried to revive sikhism and found very hard to get land for our forthcoming Gurudwara sahib in Durban. Because of bigotry being a law there we were not able to buty land without govt approval.It took months and months to get the approval.

Read again

http://www.unimelb.edu.au/malcolmfraser/speeches/parliamentary/apartheid.html

The difference in South Africa is simply that racial intolerance, bigotry and discrimination are enshrined in the law in a multitude of ways. People cannot move without a police pass. People of the wrong colour cannot live in certain areas. People of the wron

well done, finding a link after my last post. shame its a random link to some minutes of some australian department. also the person who typed that has a bad sense of english, as can be seen by the numerous errors. predictably, the person who wrote it does not understand the meaning of bigotry either. they might as well have said 'cars are bigots too', as that would have made just as much sense. back to the question: why cant you admit you're wrong?

Edited by HSD

The difference in South Africa is simply that racial intolerance, bigotry and discrimination are enshrined in the law in a multitude of ways. People cannot move without a police pass. People of the wrong colour cannot live in certain areas. People of the wron

all right, all right, we can all see that you're very good at repeating what others say. explains a lot.

what link? how is it childish to confine a word to its own definition? are you suddenly a master of the english language now as well as being the judge of who is/isnt a sikh?

i know a lot more about history than you. please tell me your what qualifications you have. i know about confederate america and the kkk, and there are words to describe what happened there, and bigotry is not one of them. go back and read the first post. i was not asking for every admin cut to come on here and post what they think is bigotry; i asked others how we can go about dealing with it. but some of you are so retarded you couldnt even understand that and went off on one. you cannot answer a single point and seem to think everyone should agree with your stupidity.

Mod's Note: First warning given to HSD for making personal attacks against singh2 in multiple places . Please in future learn to target the message not the messenger. This forum will not tolerate personal attacks. Please use civility tone when doing discussion, personal attacks is not only distasteful but also looses all credibility in the post.

HSD

It is immaturity to ask one's qualification. That really shows your essence. As you have asked i will provide it. I am a qulaified engineer by profession having worked in 18 different countries on projects of providing technology to clients.

Because of my postings in various coutries i developed interest in history and has been a witness of quite a few world events myself. I do not contest your qualifications as a historian but your definition

of bigotry is seriously flawed. Read world history and you will know how bigotry was institutionlized

by various Govts. I lived in West Germany for some years and saw the history of nazi Germany of past with my own eyes.

have not you read my previous psot where refrence was provided There is another one for south africa. i have lived there myself when sent on an appointment by my company. You will not know this sitting in your home.

no, you keep sticking links into posts after i have posted a reply to them. why cant you answer my points?

It is immaturity to ask one's qualification. That really shows your essence. As you have asked i will provide it. I am a qulaified engineer by profession having worked in 18 different countries on projects of providing technology to clients.

who are you to judge? deciding who are sikhs, how the english language should be used and now asking certain questions is immature. 'shows my essence'? so you have no english or history qualifications. thought as much. and what kind of engineer are you?

Because of my postings in various coutries i developed interest in history and has been a witness of quite a few world events myself. I do not contest your qualifications as a historian but your definition

of bigotry is seriously flawed. Read world history and you will know how bigotry was institutionlized

by various Govts. I lived in West Germany for some years and saw the history of nazi Germany of past with my own eyes.

so you were around in hitler's time? how old are you? and what were you doing in germany at that time? as for the defintion of bigotry, maybe if your grasp and understanding of english was better, you would see where i was coming from. and could you please stop repeating words and phrases you hear elsewhere? its makes you look stupider than you probably are.

post 35: what? are you calling me a woman? what are gibbering on about man?

post 36: like i said, please stop repeating what you heard elsewhere. i'm not a robot, i can understand things for myself.

post 37: well read my posts and you will see. i hate when people ignore the points made and then when they are confronted about them they say 'what points?!!?'. go and read my posts, and if you cant answer the points raised, i'll take it as an admission of your guilt at being wrong. also, i live in the uk - like you mentioned in post 35. :rolleyes:

Edited by HSD

timestamp='1252198519' post='104318']

who are you to judge? deciding who are sikhs, how the english language should be used and now asking certain questions is immature. 'shows my essence'? so you have no english or history qualifications. thought as much. and what kind of engineer are you?

Sikh's definition is finalized by Sikh guru sahiban and is listed by guru panbth in sikh rehat maryada. Do you measure to that. Have you got saroop?

It was you who brought the English knowledge in question. What is your qualification?

so you were around in hitler's time? how old are you? and what were you doing in germany at that time? as for the defintion of bigotry, maybe if your grasp and understanding of english was better, you would see where i was coming from. and could you please stop repeating words and phrases you hear elsewhere? its makes you look stupider than you probably are.

It was not hitler's time. Hitler's acts of institutioalized bigotry are not easy to erase from german histroy. have you ever visited germany. Where do you live/. try to freshen up your knowledge.

another refrence

http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=49

'Anti-Discrimination' Laws Destroy 'Human' Rights and Institutionalize Bigotry

Edited by singh2

Sikh's definition is finalized by Sikh guru sahiban and is listed by guru panbth in sikh rehat maryada. Do you measure to that. Have you got saroop?

It was you who brought the English knowledge in question. What is your qualification?

and what did he say about personal attacks or low language? and what does rehat maryada have to do with the definition of bigotry or your lack of understanding on these subjects? my qualification is that i write for certain journals. i wont go into what field as i just started in the industry, but i punch above my weight. now back to what i asked you last time, what kind of engineer are you?

and i have been to germany and i really liked it. great people and not what i thought they would be like. they can be a bit nutty sometimes though. what were your experiences? get called an untermensch a few times? wonder why.

now let me explain something to you. if a load of people do something wrong, it does not make it right. you can quote as many sources as you like where other people have made the same mistake as you and it will prove nothing. its pretty basic: you have a definition of a word which you use in the wrong context. so do other people. yet you are so thickskulled about it you wont even admit that. do you have an issue when being proved wrong?

I lived in West Germany for some years and saw the history of nazi Germany of past with my own eyes.

It was not hitler's time

that's not what your last post implied. please improve your use of english.

Edited by HSD

[

name='HSD' date='06 September 2009 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1252198783' post='104320']

post 35: what? are you calling me a woman? what are gibbering on about man?

You have serious comprehension problem there. I assumed that you live in UK. I asked you a qusetion when women were allowed to vote in UK? Read the questiona again.

post 37: well read my posts and you will see. i hate when people ignore the points made and then when they are confronted about them they say 'what points?!!?'. go and read my posts, and if you cant answer the points raised, i'll take it as an admission of your guilt at being wrong. also, i live in the uk - like you mentioned in post 35. :rolleyes:

That country did not allow its women to vote may be till second decade of 1900s. That was per law.

that's not what your last post implied. please improve your use of english.

Instead of delivering sermons on my english you need to take classes in learning english yourself.

Read belwo my repeated post and correct your faulty assumption.

. I lived in West Germany for some years and saw the history of nazi Germany of past with my own eyes.

"the history of nazi Germany of past"

by saying 'the history of' in front of 'nazi germany of past' you are implying you saw something firsthand, which has since passed into history. your comment also implies there is/was another nazi germany in place of the old one.

i hope that cleared your misuse of certain phrases up for you.

you need to take classes in learning english yourself.

funny how you can get away with little snipes like that without a warning. maybe i should start whinging about every little offense i perceive as well.

Edited by HSD

and what did he say about personal attacks or low language? and what does rehat maryada have to do with the definition of bigotry or your lack of understanding on these subjects? my qualification is that i write for certain journals. i wont go into what field as i just started in the industry, but i punch above my weight. now back to what i asked you last time, what kind of engineer are you?

and i have been to germany and i really liked it. great people and not what i thought they would be like. they can be a bit nutty sometimes though. what were your experiences? get called an untermensch a few times? wonder why.

now let me explain something to you. if a load of people do something wrong, it does not make it right. you can quote as many sources as you like where other people have made the same mistake as you and it will prove nothing. its pretty basic: you have a definition of a word which you use in the wrong context. so do other people. yet you are so thickskulled about it you wont even admit that. do you have an issue when being proved wrong?

When it is written institutionalized it cann't confined to your narrow scope of definition. It means it is at administrtive level.We have bigotry still in many american institutions. That is why affirmative action was enacted. So let it penetrate your mind . it is no more confined to a group of individuals. Govt backs it by law as was happening in South africa.

Rehat maryada has everything to do with this. You wrote you went to Germany. Did you go there as a sikh with saroop? That is the basic question you have to answer. If you do not have saroop you are not a person to write as a sikh as you have not experienced what it means to be a sikh. You have to be in the streets of delhi in 1984 to experience that.

Edited by singh2

"the history of nazi Germany of past"

by saying 'the history of' in front of 'nazi germany of past' you are implying you saw something firsthand, which has since passed into history. your comment also implies there is a modern nazi germany in place of the old one.

do not break the sentence. REad it fully below

I lived in West Germany for some years and saw the history of nazi Germany of past with my own eyes.

The meaning is very obvious. Your so called mastery of history is failing you as there was no west germany in Hitler's time.

The same thing happened when you failed to comprehend a simple sentence of English regarding women voting rights in UK presuming that you were being called a woman. before flaunting your supoerior knowledge of english which itself is an unsikh act try to learn english.

Edited by singh2

When it is written institutionalized it cann't confined to your narrow scope of definition. It means it is at administrtive level.We have bigotry still in many american institutions. That is why affirmative action was enacted. So let it penetrate your mind . it is no more confined to a group of individuals. Govt baskc it by law as was happening in South africa.

even when it's institutionalised, its the people in the bloody institution who are the bigots. get that?

You have to be in the streets of delhi in 1984 to experience that.

why, were you there? where were you hiding?

Edited by HSD