The Sparrows Are Chirping, And Dawn Has Come

shaheediyan

This is beautiful - what a brilliant rendition - they capture the mood so perfectly!!!

What wonderous stage those have reached who understand this simple yet deeply meaningful Sloak...

Enjoy.

salok ma 5 ||

Shalok, Fifth Mehl:

ਚਿੜੀ ਚੁਹਕੀ ਪਹੁ ਫੁਟੀ ਵਗਨਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਤਰੰਗ ॥

chirree chuhakee pahu futtee vagan bahuth tharang ||

The sparrows are chirping, and dawn has come; the wind stirs up the waves.

ਅਚਰਜ ਰੂਪ ਸੰਤਨ ਰਚੇ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮਹਿ ਰੰਗ ॥੧॥

acharaj roop santhan rachae naanak naamehi rang ||1||

Such a wondrous thing the Saints have fashioned, O Nanak, in the Love of the Naam. ||1||

This is beautiful - what a brilliant rendition - they capture the mood so perfectly!!!

What wonderous stage those have reached who understand this simple yet deeply meaningful Sloak...

Enjoy.

salok ma 5 ||

Shalok, Fifth Mehl:

Such a wondrous thing the Saints have fashioned, O Nanak, in the Love of the Naam. ||1||

Hmm. Obviously a message that we should not eat chicken, especially first thing in the morning.

K.

Enjoy.

salok ma 5 ||

Shalok, Fifth Mehl:

During paath, these two tuks would have taken few seconds to recite (and ignored by most). But look at power of music.

By mentioning raags, Satguru made music integral part of Gurbani.

Exactly Laal Singh. The true power of kirtan is lost today IMHO. Especially in regular Gurdwara programmes which have 2 a penny bollywood Raagis.

To find the level of Anand one finds in singing 2 lines as opposed to reading them, is very difficult. Only one who has prem in his veins can read one tuk and become intoxicated.

For the rest of us, kirtan provides a most excellent vehicle/tool to understand and feel (develop prem) for Gurbani, its message and the source of the message.

Kalyug, whilst I agree with you are saying - I do still believe that Guru promotes love for all creation - as to a premi, all of his creation is beautiful and he sees all of it praising the essence.

Kalyug, whilst I agree with you are saying - I do still believe that Guru promotes love for all creation - as to a premi, all of his creation is beautiful and he sees all of it praising the essence.

LOL

Sorry veera, I was mostly just mumbling to myself. My post was an addition to the following post of mine in another thread, mostly to poke fun at those who read all of these beautiful shabads as a reference to their diet.

Given that, in my experience, it is the vegetarian Singhs who are the ones of fanatical bent and whose thinking is so base that they interpret even the most sublime of panktis in Sri Guru Granth Sahib as a reference to not eat at mcdonalds, I am really beginning to wonder whether vegetarisnism has any spiritual consequences at all...

Perhaps meat does dull one's spiritual faculties, but I think I'd rather take that chance than turn into some idiot who reads Sri Guru Granth Sahib and sees a vegetarian cookbook.

Thanks for sharing the kirtan,

K.