Cooking With Achaar (Pickle) - Anyone Ever Try It?

Interesting article.

You should create new threads for this type of stuff in the health section.

I guess the unequivocal message from multiple sources is that if you are of Indian descent - you are a walking heart attack waiting to happen.....

Thing is we don't even have people doing medical R&D with an emphasis on our own unique needs as brown folk! It can't help that the strategy for dealing with this in the west seems to be slightly altering the majority white strategy a bit!

We have so many 'Asian' doctors, we need specific research to identify and combat our own unique predispositions.

I will, if there's an interest in it otherwise there's no point.

To what you said earlier, I completely agree with you. It is a known fact that most medical trials are done on white males in their 30's, so we have scientists making heart medicine that is supposedly going to work as effectively on a 65-year-old Punjabi male, as it will the 30-year-old white male that it was originally tested and tried for.

I will, if there's an interest in it otherwise there's no point.

I think (intelligent) people are always interested in health concerned issues and the very matter of the clear neglect in understanding the health concerns that uniquely face us as a community in the diaspora makes it even more important to give the topic a high priority. If you stick your stuff under the Health and sports section, people can find related material easily and quickly which can help them develop an informed understanding of the situation.

To what you said earlier, I completely agree with you. It is a known fact that most medical trials are done on white males in their 30's, so we have scientists making heart medicine that is supposedly going to work as effectively on a 65-year-old Punjabi male, as it will the 30-year-old white male that it was originally tested and tried for.

I think these medical professionals of Indian descent in America are beginning to touch on the issue (you may have seen this before):

http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?showtopic=13477

Edited by dalsingh101