Igurbani For Ios - Gurbani Search Engine+

curious_man

With Guru Maharaj's Apaar Kirpa the Akal Design team is proud to announce iGurbani for iOS devices.

This app requires no internet connection and contains all of the Sikh Scriptures.

The focus of this app is to allow the user to accurately read the shabads from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji following a revolutionary style of showing the vishraams. Instead of commas and other punctuation the vishraams are highlighed in a specific color.

PLEASE NOTE: Since the Gurmukhi is from a new source and the database has been rebuilt from the ground up there are some errors that we could not catch during development. We are going to rely on the Sangat to help us identify and correct those errors.

Scriptures

1. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

2. Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji

3. Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaaran

4. Bhai Nand Lal Ji

Translations

ENGLISH

- Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa

- Bhai Manmohan Singh Ji

OTHER TRANSLATIONS

- SGGS Darpan (Prof. Sahib Singh Ji)

- Bhai Manmohan Singh Ji

- Faridkot Teeka

VISHRAAM

- Baba Darshan Singh Ji (Mallehwal)

- Baba Jaswant Singh (Bhagat Ji)

For more information please visit http://www.igurbani.com/about.

CURRENT STATUS: The app has been submitted to the Apple App Store and is currently Waiting for Review.

Edited by curious_man

Revolutionary Gurbani Search Engine...

iGurbani is a revolutionary new way of searching the Sikh Scriptures in the palm of your hands. It combines a comprehensive database of the Scripture text with a Beautiful User-Friendly Interface. What makes iGurbani stand out from the rest is the multiple translations of Gurbani as well as a new revolutionary way of displaying Vishraams by highlighting text.

Features

Intuitive Modern Interface Multiple Keyboards Search History

Customize Display Highlighted Vishraams Search Ang/Vaar

Transliteration Favorites Larivaar

Twitter Support First Letter Search First Ltr Srch Anywhere

Day/Night Mode Customize Font Size Fast Response

Full Text Search Multiple Translations New Gurbani Database

Features coming soon...

•Landscape Support

This version of iGurbani only supports portrait orientation.

•Gutka

Sundar Gutka will allow you to read the Daily Prayers in a window that will allow autoscrolling.

•Scripture Index

This feature will be identical to the Tatkara for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Amrit Kirtan Pothi.

•Multi-Shabad Display

iGurbani only allows for one Shabad to be displayed at a time. This feature will allow multiple Shabads to be displayed and you will be able to switch between them just like you can when you open up another window in Safari.

Acknowledgements

The iGurbani team would like to recognize the following individuals for their contributions to this project.

Baba Darshan Singh Ji (Mallehwal)

Baba Ji has provided the Gurmukhi file we used to create a new database including colored vishraams. This project is a tribute to his life-long seva.

Baba Jaswant Singh (Bhagat Ji)

Bhagat Ji contributed another set of vishraams towards this project. May he be blessed with more seva.

Contact Us

To reach the iGurbani team please send an email to the following address:

feedback@igurbani.com

I just wanted to ask if you are developing this for the Andriod market? It would be great if you could, their development kit is free to download and can be used on a PC and Mac, (unlike apple).

Hopefully we shall be releasing some Free apps next year, completely FREE, no ads, no nothing.

I will download your app when I get home, it looks good.

Question, is this iPhone 5 ready? Also will you be developing a light version of this, where the heavy info is served via a website/server.

Thanks for your hard work.

Currently working for android... Probably it will release next month. I m not the developer but I can ask ure questions to the sevadaars this weekend when I meet them.

I think one suggestion would be to have a light version of the heavy app, where the static text info is served from a server, which makes the download smaller.