Is There Anyone To Hear My Need

Ouka

Sat siri akal,

I am not punjabi, neither indian. I am french, from France, and I met sikhisme in Canada, 2 years ago. I was talking with a friend, about sikh people, and we wondered who are the sikh exactly ?

It is how started my way to this philosophy. I went on internet and read some about sikhism, and the 10 gurus. I looked if there were any temple in Calgary, where I was then, and found some !

I went there, very impressed and shy, I didn't want to do anything that could go against the rules of your religion. I met the priest, and he told me to come on a sunday morning. I did so, and joined the group of people for the prayers. Of course, I couldn't understand nothing, with my head, with my mental, but it didn't matter as I could understand so much with my heart. I cried.

Then I went to different temples as long as I was in Canada, and spent such good times feeling one with God. I also enjoyed so much to eat with people, in the langa, and share simplicity, smiles, tears sometimes (mine).

So, I started to think about becoming sikh. I was born in France, and my parents took me to the church to get baptized, but they are both atheists. They just did so because of habits, social habits. They never gave me any teachings about God, but then I found by myself how much hungry I was about faith ! I didn't need to join any religion, until I met sikhism. I read some books about buddhism and just a little things about suffism, and was happily surprised to read that sikhism comes from a buddhist who met a suffist ...

When I read the main definition of sikhism, the first thing I thought was "So, I'm sikh !", as I already do things that are taught in sikhism (especially about ego).

My experience into the sikh temple was like a call. So, a year later, I asked to sikh people how to become sikh, and they told me that I have to go to Amritsar and learn. I said "okay", but I am back in France now and have no money at the moment to go to Punjab. I will go, I know I will. But for now, for the present, what can I do ? Who can I meet and learn from ? Who can I talk with about this need I feel deeply into my heart ?

I feel homeless, and that is a very strange new feeling for me. I know I'm not, I know God is inside and around, I know I need to grow my faith, more and more, but I still feel homeless sometimes. I need to ask questions, to listen, to learn, to practice, to feel at home ... at Home.

So this is my bottle into the sea.

I hope someone will hear my need, I mean, the need of my soul,of my heart. I hope someone will understand what's going on for me and will help me. I could meet someone, on phone, but I tried several times with no answer. And I don't feel comfortable on phone. It is easier for me to write or to meet physically people. Especially if we need to talk in english. I will learn punjabi, but for now, I just speak french or english.

If you think you can help, please do it.

Sat nam,

Ouka

Sat siri akaal ji,

I hope all is well with you. Thanks for sharing your expereince towards sikhi..there is an greater divine force invoking you to search for spirituality and sikhi.

It appears you need real sangat of sikhs, don't feel awkard. Guru has instructed to his sikhs and non sikhs alike that its very important to be in the company where his divine name is praised/sung and where divine is discussed.

As you advised you live in france, i was able to search few sikh groups in france in real life- which you may want to contact:

http://www.facebook....226911947340057

Alternatively you can also contact non sikhs who are french who converted into sikhism - http://www.3ho-lafon...ntation&lang=fr

As far the cyber space goes, we at sikhawareness.com are always there to help with any of your inquires questions you may have regarding Sikhism, you can also use our search feature to search on our forum. I will start with giving you link to read on Sikhism- concept of God to read, discuss- http://www.sikhawareness.com/index.php/topic/14942-sikh-concept-of-god/

If you could see my smile on my face, than you would know how grateful I feel.

I have some websites to visite now ...

Anyway, it is time to sleep for me now, but tomorrow I'll spend good time to discover more about sikhism and will walk new steps to its community.

I wish you could feel my hope jumping like a lamb who found a green field ! :LOL:

If you can, then it would be better than a thank you ...

waheguru

Ouka

Guest GuptKaurUK

Hello Ouka

I hope that you are doing well.

1. This is a video of Bhai Sukha Singh UK, he talks about the beginning of Sikhism, when Guru Nanak came to this earth; searching for god/obtaining liberation. I think this is brilliant.

(19:35 minutes)

2. I am not a book worm but you may like to read Se Kinehiya, the book contains some very inspirational stories and is available in English. You may pick up on things that you can do on a practical level... I won't spoil it. You may be able to get a PDF version online... I don't know if you have a local gurdwara which sells books.

3. You will probably learn alot from being in sangat (in the presence) of gursikhs... you may benefit from looking on sikh forums and tv channels for gurdwara programmes in France, as sikhs will travel, which will allow you the opportunity to talk to others.

Sorry I am not much help but this is the best I could come up with for now.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ke fateh.

Edited by GuptKaurUK

Sat siri akaal

Thanks to God, who leads me through your words.

I feel touched, and especially each time I read these words

It appears you need real sangat of sikhs, don't feel awkard. Guru has instructed to his sikhs and non sikhs alike that its very important to be in the company where his divine name is praised/sung and where divine is discussed.

Yes, then I know that someone heard my need, and since then I feel like a door is now open. It was already, but I couldn't feel it.

I definitely need to be in company of sikhs, and just to talk with some of you on this forum is already a releive..

Of course, I am open to learn about sikhism, with my brain, but for now, what I need over all is to share this faith. I miss the Temple as the music and prayers lead me over my ego, lead me through the heart, heart of Love, heart of Truth.

The seed is planted, and I watered it. It is growing now, and need a garden. Humanity is the garden where this seed can grow up and become a flower. The seed which comes from my heart, related to God's heart, led me to sikhism, so to the sikhs too. I guess you are my new family.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ke fateh

• 2 months later...

You don't have to go to Amritsar, understand the concept of Saint-Soldier and let it be your guide. The guru is a guide, you are not a follower of the guru, rather a student. You learn at your own pace, and do your own thing. We would never be followers of anything or anyone, except for the will of god himself.

Just peace, love, and sword-play that's Sikhi. :P

VJKVJF

edit - You're already a sikh, or on the path to it so just keep reading; there are people who 'know' more but understand we are all human, and stand in the same pool. We can only hope to take Amrit from that pool and understand what it means.

Either, way, Khalistan Zindabad.

Punjab Zindabad.

You, know. ;)

Without dharam, raj is nothing; without raj dharam cannot survive. - Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Edited by GtLoc

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa !! Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!

go to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji with your head as offering

and do an ardas with true heart

he will listen and make way to grant your wish .

Guru ji speaks himself

Jau tau prem khelan ka chao. Sir dhar tali gali mori aao.

“If you wish to play the game of love, come my way, with your head on the palm of your hand."

if need any assistance regarding rehat maryada(code of conduct) or anything else please do not hessitate to pm or contact

bhul chuk maff ji

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa !! Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!