Gurmat Gems

harsharan000

Nam Simran versus other practices

The main difference between, reading or reciting the Bani and Nam Simran, is as just as follows:

By reciting the Bani, we sing His Glry, His beant wadeeayee....means we talk about Him.

This has a purpose to fulfill also, which is to get us drenched with His infinite virtues, which makes us humble, and draws the picture of our reality, that we are nothing, and at the same time His picture, which is that, He is the only reality and Truth, there is none as Him, neither in Power, neither in Wisdom nor in Beauty.

On the other side, Nam Simran, is just as, being in front of Him and telling Him:

Dear Saachay Patshah I love You, I love You alone.

This is the Mahanta of Nam Simran, it takes us in the presence of our Beloved, our Pyare Preetam Wahiguru, and while being in His proximity, He blesses us with His love, which emanates from Him, just as waves from the sea, which wash all our impurities, and makes us fit in purity to merge in Him, the purest.

The relation between a soul and the Lord Akal Purukh, is a one based on selfess love, in which His Simran plays a very important role in the union of the both, because it is the vehicle sent by the bridegroom(Wahiguru), to bring back to Him, His bride (soul).

Sat Sree Akal.

dear Harsharan jee,

upon reading your views above, I am seeking some question. We are normally mandate to do naam simraan of gurmantar "wahiguru" .

However, on certain occasion I do a benti and took a hukamnama and Guruji Maharaj Hukam as per ordained appear at ang 699. As per hukam the shabad read upon which I came across this line:-

" Har har gun govind japaa" as the meaning " Chant the Glorious Praises of the Universe, Har, Har ".

Or on another occasion the hukam of Maharaj will appear from the ang 669 wherein the the translate of the shabad read:-

" Chant His Praises, learn of the Lord, and serve the True Guru; in this way meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har Har."

On another occasion when taking a hukamnama , I received the hukam at ang 670 with shabad read:-

" ...Jaap Maan Sat Nam Saada Sat Nam" translation meaning of " Chant, O mind, the True Name, Sat Nam the True Name".

I am emphasizing on the shabad that is underline above. Here the hukam seem to direct me to chant/simraan on "Har Har" or "Satnam". The question here is what shall individual like me do? do I follow the instruction and do "Har, Har " or "Sat Nam " replacing "wahiguru" or continue doing waheguru as part of the nam simraan/meditate and treat the shabad "Har Har ' as same as "Wahiguru"?

[For clarification the question is whether do I place the Hukam of Guruji shabad ( that I received as Hukamnama ) as Guru ji personally instructing me and therefore taking precedence over others instruction say 5 pyare instruction during Amrit initiation or from sant/babaji etc?]

My next question, from your explanation above, when one is reciting a bani, where do " I " (self) stand and in what role ?

(a). Do I read the bani to myself for the purpose to absorbed with shabad (and the virtue will be automatically recorded/appear in His Court). or

(B). Do I read the Bani to Waheguru and we recite this Bani to Waheguru to gain our merits/gunaa ( eg Benti Chaupai shabad). or am I totally wrong with the interpretation. Thanks. Darshan.

dear Harsharan jee,

The question here is what shall individual like me do? do I follow the instruction and do "Har, Har " or "Sat Nam " replacing "wahiguru" or continue doing waheguru as part of the nam simraan/meditate and treat the shabad "Har Har ' as same as "Wahiguru"?

[For clarification the question is whether do I place the Hukam of Guruji shabad ( that I received as Hukamnama ) as Guru ji personally instructing me and therefore taking precedence over others instruction say 5 pyare instruction during Amrit initiation or from sant/babaji etc?]

Answer:

We must bear in mind, Wahiguru Akal purukh has no name, He is nameless. Anyhow to start with, any of His Names which you have mentioned like Satnam, Wahiguru, Har ...any one can fulfill the purpose of doing Simran. Names by themself do a little, it is one´s purity, and our concentrartion on them, which draws and uplifts one´s soul consciousness, into those spiritual realms where the divinity is present in the form of Jot (Light) and Shabad(sound).

Wahiguru is Shabad, Wahiguru is Nam, this is what the Bani says: in the begining It was only Shabad, the Supreme Truth, was in the state of deep absortion in that Shabad roop, only when He decided to manifest Himself, Satnam was His manifestation as such, later on creation took place by His Mauj, His bhaana. We too, by meditating on Him through nam Simran, shed all our 3 bodies: physical, astral, causal. Then we are pure souls, and as such as being same in nature with our Origin, namely Wahiguru, we merge in Him. And this process of union with Him, can be done only by Nam Simran alone in the initial stages, once this faculty is fully developed, then we just depend on the Amrit bani or Shabad Dhun within to grow spiritually, and become one with Him

My next question, from your explanation above, when one is reciting a bani, where do " I " (self) stand and in what role ?

Answer:

One´s role here is just as baby child looking at her mother, that baby is so much absorbed with love for his/her mother, that nothing else exists then; if by chance the mother moves away from the scene even for a second, the baby feels totally lost and insecure ...

(a). Do I read the bani to myself for the purpose to absorbed with shabad (and the virtue will be automatically recorded/appear in His Court). or

( B). Do I read the Bani to Waheguru and we recite this Bani to Waheguru to gain our merits/gunaa ( eg Benti Chaupai shabad). or am I totally wrong with the interpretation. Thanks. Darshan.

Answer:

your first interpretation is more likely to be correct, because the Bani we read, is to make us understand a bit of His infinite wadeeayee, His mahantaa, His glory...

because it is we who need the sunlight...the Sun needs not to be told how he is, it does not make any difference to him, whether we tell him or not how great he is, His gloriy is the same, He is the same.

It is for us to use that light(Gurmat) in the correct way, and make our lives the most usefull, by walking in that (sun) Light, which is Nam Simran, to reach our destiny, Sach Khand (the sun itself).

Thus the ray(soul) once having emerged from the sun, merges back in that very Sun(Wahiguru).

To reach the Sun(Wahiguru), we have to use the very sunlight( Nam), otherwise there is utter darkness(agyanta, maanmat, ignorance)

Brother Darshan,

may God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

Nam, the boat to cross the Bhavasagar ....

ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਲੇ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੰਗ੍ਰਹੈ ਨਾਮੇ ਹੀ ਪਤਿ ਹੋਇ

Naam Samhaalae Naam Sangrehai Naamae Hee Path Hoe

नामु सम्हाले नामु संग्रहै नामे ही पति होइ

He remembers the Naam, he gathers in the Naam, and he obtains honor through the Naam.

Raag Bihaagrhaa Guru Amar Das

In this above line, from Raag Bihaaagrhaa of Satguru Amar Das Maharaj, He very very clearly tells us that, what is needed in order to reach Wahiguru´s abode of Sach Khand, with all the honors.

He says :

a): Naam samhaaalae, means rememeber Naam, by its Simran;

b)then He says: Naam sangrehai, means to gather the Nam, or do it´s kamaee. Now to gather this wealth of Nam, can not be accomplished, if we do all other things and not this bhakti, or do it ocasionally by taking it as something secondary and rather prefer to do the traditional ways as we are taught Gurmat is to be.

No.

That is not the correct attitude.

We should give supreme importance to Nam, because behind that word ,or words ,is the very Power of Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

The Bani very clearly says: Awar kaaj, tere kitte na kaam, mil Sadh sangat, aur bhaj kewal Nam, and kewal Nam, means only Nam.

Then too we do our own "maanmat", and we call ourselves sikhs, how come?

Not just by being born as khalsas, we become sikhs.

To be a sikh, is something much more, is putting into practice Gurmat into our very lives, and living up to it fully, with the essence, not the outer aspects. Gurmat is valuable, for this very essence, because with the outer respectables factors, we are as good as any other religion. It is the essence which makes Gurmat unique.

And so, what is the purpose of Gurmat?

Gurmat´s main purpose, is to make us realize ourselves, that we are not mere human beings, but we are spiritual beings going through human experience. And we are caught up as prisoners here in this creation, where even gods, devis , devtas are also not free from the cycle of births and deaths ...so where are we standing then? What is our position?

No amount of good karmas or merits, can take us out of this dark pitch. Sometimes we may have iron chains( all living creatures on this gross plane), sometimes silver(devis, devtas) chains on us, and at other times golden(gods) chains on us, but neverthless we remain prisoners.

Our Guru sahibans, have said: Wahiguru is the only reality and eternal Truth, all else is fanah, is koor. And in order to become free and as eternal as Wahiguru is, we must take shelter at His Lotus Feet, there is no other way.

And to take shelter at His Charan Kamal, is by doing that worship, that sewa, which can certainly take us to Him, without any failure, and that is only Nam Simran, that is why all Guru Sahibans, Bhagats, Sant/Sadh Janas, Gurmukhs, we may take any of their banis, they stress only on Nam Simran, for the cause of our union with Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

So from the line of Guru Amar Das Jee above, He says, remember Him by His Simran, gather as much as possible the "Dhan, the wealth of Nam by its Simran, the result is :Naamae Hee Path Hoe, means, you shall merge in Wahiguru, that is the honor, the merits that one gets, by His simran.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

• 1 month later...

Some questions and answers about life and death, between a questioner and a sevak

I'd like to ask some questions, if you can answer it, please?

I will try my best.

1). The soul lives on and we have 8.4 billion lives that is recycled (if that's the right word) into another living thing, such as an animal, another human being, etc.

Does this mean our souls are immortal?

There is no doubt, that the soul is immortal, as being a drop of that Infinite Ocean Satnam.

What happens to our bodies?

Our bodies desintegrate into the five elements of which the whole creation is made, and each element merges into its origin...like water into water, earth into earth, air into air and so forth

Does this mean that the Earth will live for eternity?

No, the earth is perisahble, just as the rest of the creation, made out from the 5 elements.

If God created our bodies, with such precision from the way our heart beats and pumps blood around our body, to the way our brain functions, and I mean the brain is the most complicated organ, and the way we think and feel things (emotions) etc, we are such complicated species, so doesn't our bodies matter?

Who said, God is doing all this?

It can be, that an Emperor in His empire, has given the authorization to an architect to design and build a city; but not necessarily that He himself does that job of constructing.

In His empire, there are doctors, judges, police, lawyers, etc....each one playing his own role in its own assigned place He set the creation into motion out of His will, then designated and architect, who was willing to design and construct; but that also does not mean, that the architect is the owner of the city created by him, he was just authorized and carried out the orders from a higher point of view.

That archtect, has no powers of his own, In the end, it is all His hukum channelized through several vias.

Like:

1 1 1 1 1

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

And so forth, but in the begining was One, now is also One, and shall always remain One.

Our Bani starts with :Ikonkar.

No duplicity, no trinity, no multiplicity, but only One.

Whatsoever multiplicty we see, it is nothing, but His will, His Mauj, His Hukum. But inspite of all that He is always One.

If God spent so long to creating our complicated bodies with such such detailed precision, is that not counted for? By saying that our souls live on and we have 8.4 billion lives, does this mean that God is creating more bodies as we speak, and does this mean that God is working on improving his creation?

These questions somehow are also answered above

What if we never get rid of the five thieves and our 8.4 billion lives are finished?

If we do not get rid of the 5 thieves and remain in the cycle of births and deaths, it is only our fault, nobody is to blame for it.

Then whenver, Parlay or Mahaparlay take place, means He decides to stop the play, naturally all souls shall merge in Him, there is no other way. From Him they emerged, and in Him they shall merge.

But why to delay our stay here? We are moorakhs, manmukhs. The Bani is clearly open for us, but even then, we pay attention only to what we want to see and hear, the rest though very true, we are afraid to listen and think about, and if anybody comes and reminds us, we tell them, you are frauds, and abuse them verbally or physically; when their only intentions are, to tell us the real meaning and value of the teachings left by our Guru Sahibans in the Bani ...

We are all blind, and all trying to guide each other...naturally in that state, the end is pitfall.

All this is not being said to scare anyone, but to remind, that we sholud read and understand each and every ang, anmol Bachans of the Bani .

Sikhee is much more than a set of rules and regulations, if followed properly, it is the key to liberate us, and unite us with our Father Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

What happens to our soul?

Well, our soul stays for some time in some astral plane depending on our karmas, but then definetely comes back to this earth, to reap the fruit of the seeds of karmas planted here.

And this goes on and on, as everytime we incurr in new karmas; the creation has been designed by the architect in such a way.

This means that we have been on this planet for approx. 4.54 billion years (that's how old Earth is), so we have 3.86 lives left?

Saints tell us, many many parlays(dissolutions) and mahaparlays(grandissolutions) have taken place. It is not necessary to go through all lives in a particular order, it all depends on our karmas. If they are very bad, we shall fall in the bottom of the well...so it totally depneds on us.

But why to think like that, why not take the best of this our human birth, and get out of this dark and profound well of the perishable creation? We have everything in our favour.

Please read the Shabad of Sachay Patshah Guru Arjun Dev in Raag Aasaa: Bhaee paraapat manukh dey hureeya.

3). Basically, death is a form of transition, which we move from one body to another.

Yes, that is correct

Does this mean that God is making new creations (human beings) for us?

No, God is not doing anything as such, it is totally only our karmas which fashion our future and existence.

Doesn't this mean that God is always trying to find ways to improve us?

As long as we are not one with Him, nature always gives us oportunities after oportunities, to go back and merge in Him. It is we who create and put obstacles and barriers, with our manmukhta ...

This means that IF I am still sitting here, I haven't reached liberation yet, so I have roughly, another 3 billion lives left?

No, there is no guarantee, if in the human life you do not do the needful to do the real job, then who knows?

By wasting such a golden oportunity, it may take a long time to get it again.

This is like, one is in the boat, and one wants to reach the seashore which can easiily be done, but rather we say,

what if I had fallen in the water, how would I reach the shore? We may laugh at this, but this is our pitiful sitaution. That what we have in our hands now, we do not value nor considere it, but rather we are complicating things and getting away from our goal....

4). Quote taken from the GGS: 'Dying while your still alive' He explains the concept of 'jeevan mukti' which means liberation from the humanly life IOW, liberation from Maya, this world?

Dying while living, means, we have to meditate on Him, do His bhajan bhandagee, His dhyan. And this means, shun ourselves from the world and stop running after its false shadows, and hold tight to His Lotus Feet and get out of this mayavee creation, through His Simran. This means, while being dead to the illusory world, we are awake and full conscious about the worlds and planes within us...

The five thieves known as: ego, anger, greed, attachment and lust are a distraction from the path of God.

Yes that is true. These 5 thieves are creation of our mind. And the mind gets nurtured through them, mind by itself has no power.

Is the only practical solution of getting rid of these five thieves to meditate on God's name?

Yes, it the only medicne to eradicate these diseases.

In my opinion, that's really difficult because we have so many difficulties in life.

Yes, life is a constant struggle and difficulties, mainly created by us, but remember, His Infinite Grace is also with us. And if He is with us, there is no power to stop us, neither the architect or designer of the city.

For example, the poor people that dying in countries from starvation, the wars that have gone on, the amount of people that have died from the effects of wars, and the these thieves are what makes us a human being. We are only human beings and not created to become something magnificent in this life, otherwise God wouldn't create suffering and put us through trial after trial, What is the point of all that?

Remember only one thing, nothing, can absolutely happen without the karmas created by us. The Bani says: aapay beejeh, aapeh khae.

The point of all and everything in the end, is to see the Him as the only reality, and stop doing anything as such to remain here, thus making ourselves worthy, and pure as He Himself is, in order to merge and become one with Him. That´s it.

5) 'We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are Spiritual beings having a human experience' - Is this quote from the GGS?

No. And it is true. Spiritual beings, means we are souls. And human experience means, we are reaping and sowing karmas on this plane. But that does not matter. What is important, is to understand that we are aliens here, this is not our land, our land is Sach Khand, our zaat, our paat, is Satnam.

The speaker said it's his favourite quote that he 'heard' Doesn't this confuse the entire concept of what a human being is? By saying that, isn't he saying we were created as spiritual beings and then came on earth to experience human life? This very quote is taken by the French, Catholic Priest called, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, a 'mystic philosopher.' I'm not understanding the correlation between Sikh idelogy and the speaker quoting from a 'Mystic Philosopher,

Please do not name any philosophers in terms of ruhaniyat or spirituality, as they deal with the mind, that is their highest reach, but not beyond it.

Rather, read, pay attention to what the Bani says, and then put that into practice and into action.

It is this parctice alone which brings salvation to one´s soul. Not mere desiring to become one with Him. The thirst is only quenched by drinking water. If the bottle is near you, but you do not pour the water from it into the glass and drink it, no mattere how many times you keep repeating water water water....one´s thirst can never be quenched. So it is the action of drinking actually the water, which satisfies one´s thirst

Sorry if this is all so long, but I have one more question,

Please do not feel sorry, you are most welcome to satisfy your mind, because only then can one take the right steps to walk on the path leading to Him, with faith, love and devotion.

What makes us Sikh? Is it that we are born into a Sikh family, or are we Sikh from birth?

Sikh means to follow implicitly the reachings of our Guru Sahibans, not what we think to be Sikhee, which is manmat created by us.

The real sikh is the soul not the body, just as also the True Guru or Master is not the body, but that Anhad Shabad manifested in the Gurmukhs, Sadh Janas or Guru Sahibans. Because, it is the imperishable soul who has to take the journey back to it´s Father´s Houes, not the body. Hence it is clear, that it is the soul, the real sikh, the real disciple, who catches hold of that Shabad Satguru, and merges in Him

The Bani says: Nanak, Sadh, Prabh, bhed na paee. Har Jee baseh Sadh he hirday... Har Jee baseh sadh kee rasna....

The teachings of our Guru Sahibans say:

Vin Naavai, Ko Mukath N Hoe

But without the Name, no one is liberated

Raag Gauri Guaarayree Guru Amar Das

Also, if we have 8.4 billion lives, and let's say, for example, some of us have used roughly 5 billion lives and we have 3 billion lives left, how come Guru Nanak received his revelation from God only say, roughly 5 centuries ago?

Guru Nanak, was Wahiguru´s embodiment in the human form. Nanak was His sargun swaroop, while He is always Nirankaar, means: Alakh, Agam, Anamee. Oouch Apaar Beant Soami.

Where was God at the start of the universe? Because the Earth is much much older. How come we had many different religions before that, from the beginning of time?

God or Wahiguru acording to the Bani, in the begining was in His Shabad swaroop.
Jug Chaarae Naam Outham, Sabadh Beechaar
Throughout the four ages, the Naam is the ultimate; reflect upon the Word of the Shabad
Raag Gauri Guaarayree Guru Amar Das

Waheguru.

Edited by harsharan000

• 3 weeks later...

What type of devotion, pleases Wahiguru?

Almost all mankind is engaged in some or other types of devotions. But have we ever thought, or asked ourselves, among all devotions, which one is the most pleasing to Him?

Well, almost each one if asked, will give an answer according to its level of consciousness. But if we want to the truth of this question, then we must ask someone who is the emodiment of the highest devotion, because only that type of devotion, will make us fit to reach His abode, and merge in Him. And this answer is seen below in the words of Dhan Dhan Satguru Ram Das Maharaj.

Because only the right devotion will make possible our merging in Him and become one with Him.

In Sach Khand, nobody goes to keep its individual identity, there only Nirankar exists.

So naturally if only He exists there, how come we can think even otherwise, that there are large crowds of different souls, or Gurmukhs, Guru Sahibans, Sant Janas...etc.

That is not the purpose of Akal Purukh.

These individual identities may exist in the planes below Braham, like for example in the hindu gods/godesses , or our baseless beliefs, that our heros are there, or even the present or future heros shall go there ...that is not Gurmat.

There only He alone exists. Satnam samunder. If any drop reaches there through the river, both, the river and the drop of water become the ocean. That is His mahanta.

So going back to the type of devotion which pleases Him, it is quite clear in the following words of Sree Guru Ram Das Maharaj:

ਿਜਨ ਕੀ ਭਗਿਤ ਮੇਰੇ ਪਰ੍ਭ ਭਾਈ

िजन की भगित मेरे पर्भ भाई

jin kee bhagat mayray parabh bhaa-ee.

Those whose devotional worship is pleasing to my God -

ਤੇ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਿਲਵ ਲਾਈ

ते जन नानक राम नाम िलव लाई

tay jan naanak raam naam liv laa-ee.

O Nanak, those humble beings center their minds lovingly on the Lord's Name

He is telling us, that those who center their minds lovingly on Him, through His Nam Simran, is the one devotion which pleases Him.

And by pleasing Him, we are begging him to shower His unlimited Daya Meher on us, which ultimately is the means of union with him, and not at all our feeble efforts.

So if we have even 1 gram of common sense, Gurmat has very clearly kept the teachings in front of us, it is our responsibility to act accordingly, otherwise we know the wheel of eighty four is already there waiting, for those who misuse the human opportunity, and do not do the right devotion and merge in Him.

Sat Sree Akal

Edited by harsharan000

Some words of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj on Naam and its simran ...

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਉ ਖੁਦਾਇ ਕਾ ਦਿਲਿ ਹਛੈ ਮੁਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ

Naanak Naao Khudhaae Kaa Dhil Hashhai Mukh Laehu

नानक नाउ खुदाइ का दिलि हछै मुखि लेहु

O Nanak, chant the Name of God, with heart-felt devotion.

ਅਵਰਿ ਦਿਵਾਜੇ ਦੁਨੀ ਕੇ ਝੂਠੇ ਅਮਲ ਕਰੇਹੁ

Avar Dhivaajae Dhunee Kae Jhoothae Amal Karaehu

अवरि दिवाजे दुनी के झूठे अमल करेहु

Everything else is just a pompous worldly show, and the practice of false deeds.

Sachay Patshah Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj, tell us in simple words, that do His Simran with Love and devotion as means for our union with Him, because all else that one may do, is useless, as it is all "koor", all false deeds...let no one stay under the false believing or braham, that apart from the bhagtee of Naam Simran, there is nothing valid for the salvation of our souls.

That is why on each ang, each Raag of the Bani, mahima of Naam and its kamaee is only stressed by our Guru Sahibans.

Sat Sree Akal.

Love for the Lord

Our love for the Lord requires constant feeding. Like fire is apt to die without fuel.

Bhajan bandagee/abhyaas/ meditation, is the fuel that sustains this fire.

So we should never ever miss this our spiritual practice of Naam Simran, one day´s negligence, retards the progress of the journey by one month.

Waheguru.

Yes it is so true Harsharan

'Banee Guru, Guru ha Banee' - Guru Ram Das jee.

The Banee is the Guru, the Guru is the Banee'

When Great Guru, True Guru, SatGuru Nanak Dev jee was on His missionary tour (Udassi) in Siri Lanka, the king really became attatched to Guru Nanak and couldn't bear to see Satguru jee depart. The king asked how will I be blessed with your holy presence if you leave (i.e. how will I have your vision (Darshan) )? Satguru jee explained to him that Guru Nanak was not the physical body that the king had met. Guru Nanak was the shabad (the word of Waheguru jee). Of course the body was very blessed because it was the Shabad-Guru's outer covering, but the Guru was the shabad ( the Divine teacher is the word of Waheguru). Satguru jee told the king to become attatched to the shabad.

Ultimately a person gets so attatched to the Shabad that they reach a state called 'Shabad-surat da mel'also known as 'liv'. This means when the shabad and you are merged like water merging into the ocean. This is when you hear the unstruck melody and see Waheguru jee's light which brighter than hundreds and thousands of Suns. This is when you return home to Waheguru jee. This is the place from where the Shabd originated and this where it has brought you back.

Some useful and inspiring books on Guru Nanak Dev:-

Guru Nanak Chamatkar- Part 1- English By Bhai Vir Singh

Guru Nanak Chamatkar- Part 2- English By Bhai Vir Singh

I found more at sikhbookclub.com. E-books can be downloaded for free.

• 3 weeks later...

What is devotion, how is it done, and who does true devotion?

To these questions of almost all spiritual seekers, Dhan Dhan Satguru Sachay Patshah, Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj , reveals us the Truth, in the following couple lines in Raag Gond:

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਜਾ ਕਉ ਮਤਿ ਦੇਇ

Kar Kirapaa Jaa Ko Math Dhaee

करि किरपा जा कउ मति देइ

One whom the Lord blesses with understanding,

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਨਾਉ ਲੇਇ

Aath Pehar Prabh Kaa Naao Laee

आठ पहर प्रभ का नाउ लेइ

Chants the Name of God, twenty-four hours a day.

Points to take in account from these pure paviter words of Fifth Patshahee:

1) He is the one, who gives us the right understanding, faith and conviction as His blessings for performing the right devotion, which is mentioned in the following line

2) That wadbhagee jeev who gets His blessings, thus, leaves aside all other practices, and does the devotion which pleases Him the most, which is none other than, doing His Simran 24 hours a day.

Now we may ask, how can we do Naam Simran 24 hours a day? We have to do our worldy duties, towards our work, our relatives, families .....

Well as we know also from the Bani, it means doing this sadhana, this bhakti,daily on a regular basis, but also implies, that we may do it saas grass, means the rest of the time, with each breath we take, with each morsel of food we intake...

Then only, can we become pure just as He is; that also not by our efforts, but by His grace. This is Gurmat. Rest is all "manmat"

Sat Sree Akal.

Waheguru.

Edited by harsharan000

A letter of" Bireh" from a premee(bhagat/ianee) to its Preetam (Paree Puran Parmatma)

Bani: Mira Baee

(बानी मीराबाई जी)

हे री मैं तो प्रेम दीवानी, मेरा दरद ना जानें कोई.

सूली ऊपर सेज हमारी, किस बिध सोना होई.

गगन मंडल पर सेज पीया की, किस बिध मिलना होई.

घायल की गति घायल जानें, के जिन लागी होई.

जौहरी की गति जौहर जानें, के जिन जौहर होई.

दरद की मारी बन बन डोलूं, बैद मिलिया नहीं कोई.

मीरा की प्रभु पीड मिटेगी, जब बैद सावलिया होई.

(Bani Mirabai Ji)

He Ri Main To Prem Deewani,

Mera Darad Na Jane Koye.

Sulli Upar Sej Hamari,

Kis Bidh Sona Hoye.

Gagan Mandal Par Sej Piya Ki,

Kis Bidh Milna Hoye.

Ghayal Ki Gat Ghayal Janey,

Ki Jin Lagi Hoye.

Jouhari Ki Gat Jouhari Janey,

Ki Jin Jouhar Hoye.

Darad Ki Maari Ban Ban Dolun,

Beid Miliya Nahi Koye.

Meera Ki Prabhu Peer Mitegi,

Jab Beid Saawaliya Hoye.
Edited by harsharan000

• 4 weeks later...

DEFINITION OF A TRUE DEVOTEE AND A SEWAK

According to the pure paviter Bani of Sree Guru Ram Das Maharaj in Raag Suhee, only that person is devotee and a sewadar of Wahiguru Akal Purukh , who loves Naam ......

ਸੇ ਭਗਤ ਸੇ ਸੇਵਕਾ ਜਿਨਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ

Sae Bhagath Sae Saevakaa Jinaa Har Naam Piaaraa

से भगत से सेवका जिना हरि नामु पिआरा

They alone are devotees, and they alone are selfless servants, who love the Lord's Name.

We can see, Wahiguru does not want us to do many things in order to please and win Him.

He knows we are blind and helpless, and so He has made the things very simplified for us.

Though we may not like it, because we may think, how can He be realized so simply, just by the simple practice of Naam Simran?

How can that be possible?

Well, that should be not a problem for us. Because that alone is bhakti or good karam which pleases our Master Lord Wahiguru.

And as we have seen in the words of Dhan Guru Ram Das Maharaj, only that person is entitled to be or called a devotee, if, only he does the bhakti of Naam Simrran.

In the next line, Guru Jee very clearly tells us, what can happen if we do Naam Simran, and what if we do not do this bhakti, by wasting away our lives after other petty external practices .....

Here goes His words:

ਤਿਨ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਸਿਰਿ ਨਿੰਦਕ ਕੈ ਪਵੈ ਛਾਰਾ

Thin Kee Saevaa Thae Har Paaeeai Sir Nindhak Kai Pavai Shhaaraa

तिन की सेवा ते हरि पाईऐ सिरि निंदक कै पवै छारा

By their selfless service, they find the Lord, while ashes fall on the heads of the slanderers

He says that, if we do the selfless service or sewa of Naam Simran, we shall find the Lord and merge in Him, otherwise we shall be beaten blue and black, and sent to the hell of Chaurasee ka Chakar by Dharam Rai, for wasting away the life in human birth and not doing the real job of His bhakti, for which we were sent into this human life form.

Saints, Gurmukhs, Guru Sahibans, Bhagats, never ever tell us to engage in any activity of devotion other than Naam Simran, because all else is koor, fanah and nashvant.

A little bit further in His Bani, Guru Jee tells us that:

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਹਰਿ ਸੁਪ੍ਰਸੰਨੁ ਹੋਇ ਸੋ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣਾ ਰਵੈ ਸੋ ਭਗਤੁ ਸੋ ਪਰਵਾਨੁ

Jis No Har Suprasann Hoe So Har Gunaa Ravai So Bhagath So Paravaan

जिस नो हरि सुप्रसंनु होइ सो हरि गुणा रवै सो भगतु सो परवानु

That mortal, with whom the Lord is pleased, repeats the Glorious Praises of the Lord; he alone is a devotee, and he alone is approved.

With this He confirms that, when Wahiguru wants to shower His blessings on someone, He makes Him leave everything else, by making him repeat and remain absorbed in His Simran, thus that wadbhagee jeev is known as a bhagat of Wahiguru Akal Purukh, and as a consequence of this bhakti, he is accepted to enter the true abode of his Father, in Sach Khand.

Bin Navai, nahee kou thao.

Waheguru.

Edited by harsharan000

• 2 weeks later...

What is true Yoga

Bani Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj

jog n bhagavee kaparree jog n mailae vaes

Yoga is not obtained by wearing saffron robes; Yoga is not obtained by wearing dirty robes.

naanak ghar bait(h)iaa jog paaeeai sathigur kai oupadhaes

O Nanak, Yoga is obtained even while sitting in your own home, by following the Teachings of the True Guru

In the couplet above of Dhan Guru Amar Das Maharaj, He clearly tells us, the real meaning of Yoga is union with the Primal Supreme Being, namely Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

He says: yoga or the union with the lord, is not obtained by dressing in a particular way, or going almost naked and wandering in the forests, but it can be obtained even leading the life of a "girashtee" or a householder, and at the same time following Gurmat, the teachings of Guru Sahibans.

Real detachment from moh, maya, relations and worldly possesions, can only be obtained by attaching our minds to something which is far more beautiful, enchanting, sweet and everlasting, that once tasting this Amrit, the mind stops running after any vikars, pleasures... or in one word, a paapee lustful life.

And this attachment to something far more sweeter than the sweetest, is nothing else but Naam itself.

That is why the Bani says:

Nanak, Naam maha rus meetha.

Sarab rog ka aukhad Naam

The Bani in the end, is nothing than mahima of Naam, the only everlasting Truth.

Waheguru

Edited by harsharan000

Precious is the only time, dedicated in doing His devotion

In Raag Sree Raag, Fifth Patshahee, tells us something about when to do His devotion.

safal moorat saflaa gharhee jit sachay naal pi-aar.

Fruitful is that moment, and fruitful is that time, when one is in love with the True Lord.

He says, there is no designated time, there is no designated moment, to wait and do His bhajan bandagee.

Any time, any moments used in His sewa, in His yaad or remeberance, becomes the right time automatically.

Let us not wait, for any prescribed time by anyone, who knows, if we shall be alive till then or not.....

Now is our time, now are our moments, so let us make the best use of now by dedicating ourselves in His bhajan bandagee...

Sat Sree Akal

Edited by harsharan000

Eye opening veechar from Sree Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj

We worldy people are so entangled in it, that we think, that all our surroundings and envoirements are true, and somehow we will continue with it, even after passing away. To the extent we are so absorbed in this so called our land, our culture, our this, our that....., that if needed, we may kill or give up our lives, and become heros in the eyes of our people.

This is how we have been educated, taught, and this is how we live. This is our condition in almost any caste, color or creed. We are filled with the poison of hatred, usually for those who are not like us, or think and believe like us, so atrocities and fanatism, are the results of such irrational blind thinking.

Thus this is our religion, to be fully devoted to my land, my mazab, my culture, my history.....

But Satgur Sachay Patshah Teg Bahadur Maharaj, blows away all our illusory so called castles of sand, with His following paviter words from Raag Jaijaavantee:

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਨ ਕਹਿ ਪੁਕਾਰਿ ਸੁਪਨੈ ਜਿਉ ਜਗ ਪਸਾਰੁ

Naanak Jan Kehi Pukaar Supanai Jio Jag Pasaar

नानक जन कहि पुकारि सुपनै जिउ जग पसारु

Servant Nanak proclaims that the vast expanse of this world is just a dream.

He says that, not only the land where we live is false, is an illusion, is a dream, but is the same with the whole world. So now, do we ever see fighting, killing or suiciding for the non existen reality of/in the dreams?

If we see anybody acting such, we shall surely call him a fool, and those who follow this type of fools, are also foolish, as they miss away the objective of their lives, of doing His bhakti and merge in Him.

Even this body of which we are so proud of belonging to a particular caste or creed, that is why He says:

ਬਿਨਸਤ ਨਹ ਲਗੈ ਬਾਰ ਓਰੇ ਸਮ ਗਾਤੁ ਹੈ

Binasath Neh Lagai Baar Ourae Sam Gaath Hai

बिनसत नह लगै बार ओरे सम गातु है

Your body is like a hail-stone; it melts away in no time at all.

So let us ask ourselves, what is there to be proud of, if even this body of ours is false, and for it we commit so many nonsenses and injustices, we give pain and torture to others trying to impose our false superiority.....

But as Guru Jee clearly says, this body is not our true essence, so neither our actions of heroicity have any value in the eyes of Wahiguru.

We think, we have done something great by going after our illusory dreams; but Wahiguru takes us as moorakhs, as we were given this human birth for a different purpose, but we have wasted it for stones.... as seen in the following lines

ਬੀਤ ਜੈਹੈ ਬੀਤ ਜੈਹੈ ਜਨਮੁ ਅਕਾਜੁ ਰੇ

Beeth Jaihai Beeth Jaihai Janam Akaaj Rae

बीत जैहै बीत जैहै जनमु अकाजु रे

Slipping away - your life is uselessly slipping away.

Continung with our poor condition, He says:

ਇਹ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੋ ਤਉ ਨਹੀ ਸੁਨਿਓ ਕਾਨਿ

Eih Jag Mehi Raam Naam So Tho Nehee Suniou Kaan

इह जग महि राम नामु सो तउ नही सुनिओ कानि

In this world, you have not listened to the Lord's Name.

ਕਾਲੁ ਤਉ ਪਹੂਚਿਓ ਆਨਿ ਕਹਾ ਜੈਹੈ ਭਾਜਿ ਰੇ

Kaal Tho Pehoochiou Aan Kehaa Jaihai Bhaaj Rae

कालु तउ पहूचिओ आनि कहा जैहै भाजि

Death has arrived; now where will you run?

He tells us, we have done everything, but not His bhajan bandagee, so now death is at our door, with what face shall we go from here, if not of full shame and guilty.

And finally as a solution, to give a right direction to our priorities and having Him as our only objective, He says:

ਸਗਲ ਭਰਮ ਡਾਰਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਲੇਹਿ

Sagal Bharam Ddaar Dhaehi Gobindh Ko Naam Laehi

सगल भरम डारि देहि गोबिंद को नामु लेहि

Give up all your doubts, and utter the Naam, the Name of the Lord.(Means to do His Simran)

ਅੰਤਿ ਬਾਰ ਸੰਗਿ ਤੇਰੈ ਇਹੈ ਏਕੁ ਜਾਤੁ ਹੈ

Anth Baar Sang Thaerai Eihai Eaek Jaath Hai

अंति बार संगि तेरै इहै एकु जातु है

Because at the very last moment, this alone shall go along with you.

In short, as we can see in these words of Dhan Dhan Guru Sree Teg Bahadur Maharaj, just as with any True Gurumukh, Sant Jan, none of them come here to keep us binded not only in this world, but even not in this mayavee creation. Rather through the teachings of Gurmat, they make us realize the supreme importance of His Nam, and our benefits of attaching our minds in the holy practice of repetition of His Name.

This is the essence of Gurmat, which Guru Jee has kindly placed before us, so that we may use it, and liberate ourselves from all our chains which keep us prisoners down here, away from our Father´s House.

So, if we have even one gramme of common sense, let us follow implicitly Gurmat as per instructions full of wisdom, by Sree Guru Teg Bahadur Maharaj.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

On Shabad Dhun

O mind listen to the strains of the unstruck music

and see with your own eyes

the temple within the body.

Grasp the Guru´s message of the Shabad

drink your fill of the nectar and enter within

Come turn the wheel of Simran

it will readily open up the melody of the Shabad

Edited by harsharan000

On devotion and the Lord´s will

Raag Ramkali

Bani Sree Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj

In the following lines of Sachay Patshah Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, Truth of spirituality is revealed to us, in very simple words.

Firstly He says:

ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਇਕੋ ਇਕੁ ਧਿਆਇ

Man Than Saas Giraas Prabh Eiko Eik Dhhiaae

मनि तनि सासि गिरासि प्रभु इको इकु धिआइ

In your mind and body, with each breath and morsel of food, meditate on the One and only Lord God.

He says, to meditate on Him, one needs not to go anywhere.

Anywhere you may be, within your mind, which is within your body, do His Simran.

So with these words we can clearly see, He is not telling us to recite any religious sacred wordings, but just as simple as to recite His Name. This His remeberance, can be carried out, when one is eating, which is as good for drinking also.

Then He says, not only then, but even with each breath you take.

Now, the thing is, we take breaths while going to the supermarkets, to school, to work, while going to sleep, while at our shops, offices, in the plane, in the bus or car, whether inside or outside, whether in the day, or in the night, the list is endless.....

But the thing is to understand what Guru Jee is telling us.

In one word, He is saying, as long as you can breathe, and you are alive, wherever you maybe, never ever stop meditating in your mind. This also implies, one has not to wait for any so called auspicious time, to repeat His Name, but as soon as one reminds that one´s mind is free even for a second, that one should be spent in gathering the wealth of His Name. Because that place, that moment, that minute, that time spent in His rememberance, becomes sanctified, becomes blessed.....

Such is the magic of His wonderful Name .

Then He beautifully says says:

ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਈ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਚਰਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਖਸਮ ਰਜਾਇ

Naam Dhhiaaee Naam Oucharaa Naanak Khasam Rajaae

नामु धिआई नामु उचरा नानक खसम रजाइ

Meditating on the Naam, and chanting the Naam, Nanak abides in the Will of his Lord and Master

Here He is telling us, that to please Wahiguru Akal Purukh, one need not do many different things, as He does not gets pleased by any of those our maanmat things.

Because He is one, and so, to abide in His will and make Him happy, lies our happiness as sikhs.

Because that is what one wants. To please our Lord Wahiguru. And pleasing Him, means remaining in His will. And His will for us, in the words of Guru Jee: is to meditate and chant His Naam.

Just as simple as that.

Being a sikh in the true sense is walking on this this path marked by Guru Jee for us, not on our maanmat. And to repeat His name, we need not the aid of anybody nor anybody´s authorization.

He is nobody´s property.... He belongs to all in the same measure.

It is with Him, with whom we want to establish our relationship, what has any third party to do ?

If the lover(sikh) and the beloved(Wahiguru) are eager to meet, and as Wahiguru is not any earthly being, with whom, someone else must come and introduce us to Him, and allow the relationship of love to take place.....

No, nothing of that sort, no one sholud keep us away from Him for that time being, by becoming a barrier between us and Wahiguru.

The guiding hand is in the Bani, through the Bani. The world is blind, and so are the manmukhs.

The tat of Gurmat in short, is to merge in Wahiguru by loving Him, as soon as possible, and once again, this is only possible by His Simran, (not by any other means, no matter how hard and how often we may try, but it is all useless in His eyes), as it does go in accordance with His will, His bhaana, as seen above.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

Raag Ramkali

Bani Sree Kabir Jeeo

ਦਾਗੇ ਹੋਹਿ ਸੁ ਰਨ ਮਹਿ ਜੂਝਹਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਦਾਗੇ ਭਗਿ ਜਾਈ

Dhaagae Hohi S Ran Mehi Joojhehi Bin Dhaagae Bhag Jaaee

दागे होहि सु रन महि जूझहि बिनु दागे भगि जाई

Those who are branded with Your brand fight bravely in battle; those without Your brand run away.

Here Bhagat Kabir Jee, is telling us that, those who meditate on Him, with His Name, fight bravely with the mind and succeed in defeating it, others , the rest of the people, just give up, and say, no no I can sit no more.

As recommended by all Saints, Naam is the only weapon to fight with the mind and defeat it forever, otherwise, the fierce and mighty mind, no matter which other bhaktis we may do, will not leave/loose its grip on us. It is only when, it gets hurt by the blows of His Simran, that, it falls K.O.

And this is because, though we may never ever estimate the real value of His Simran, which most of us take it so lightly, but the fact is, it empowers us with His power, to overcome our weaknesses, sins, vikars, etc ..... and become as pure paviter as He is, so to say, to merge in Him.

Then Kabir Jee says:

ਕਬੀਰਿ ਦੀਈ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਕਉ ਲੀਨੀ ਜਿਸੁ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਭਾਗੁ

Kabeer Dheeee Sansaar Ko Leenee Jis Masathak Bhaag

कबीरि दीई संसार कउ लीनी जिसु मसतकि भागु

Kabeer gives it to the world, but he alone receives it, upon whose forehead such destiny is recorded.

In the above line He is clearly telling us, the Bani constantly tells us to do His bhajan bandagee of His Simran, but many of us prefer to do many other things.

This is so because, he alone can repeat His Name, on whose forehead is written so by Him, not otherwise....

What can the poor mortal do also.... To devote oneself to Him, in His real bhakti, is also a bakshish from Wahiguru, let no one think that it is done per our will... we are moorakhs.

Gyan, dhyan, kich karam na janaa ..... saar na janaa teree, sabse wadah Satgur Nanak, jin kal rakhee meree

By myself my Lord, I have no merits, have not any knowledge, nor do I know how to sing your glory adecuately, it is only becase of You, through your grace, that you have accepted me at Your Lotus Feet.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

• 4 weeks later...

Wahiguru, His creation, and a little bit of His Mahima

He is Iko, and as the Bani says:

ਸਚ ਖੰਡਿ ਵਸੈ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ

Sach Khandd Vasai Nirankaar

सच खंडि वसै निरंकारु

In the realm of Truth, the Formless Lord abides.

Below that infinity, coming downwards towards this material creation, after crossing the causal and astral planes, there are countless beings, worlds, universes, galaxies, deities, angels, demigods, ...etc and etc .....

Let us see what the Bani says about it:

ਰੰਗੀ ਰੰਗੀ ਭਾਤੀ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਜਿਨਸੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਉਪਾਈ

Rangee Rangee Bhaathee Kar Kar Jinasee Maaeiaa Jin Oupaaee

रंगी रंगी भाती करि करि जिनसी माइआ जिनि उपाई

He created the world, with its various colors, species of beings, and the variety of Maya.

ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਵੇਖੈ ਕੀਤਾ ਆਪਣਾ ਜਿਵ ਤਿਸ ਦੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ

Kar Kar Vaekhai Keethaa Aapanaa Jiv This Dhee Vaddiaaee

करि करि वेखै कीता आपणा जिव तिस दी वडिआई

Having created the creation, He watches over it Himself, by His Greatness.

ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੋਈ ਕਰਸੀ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਨ ਕਰਣਾ ਜਾਈ

Jo This Bhaavai Soee Karasee Hukam N Karanaa Jaaee

जो तिसु भावै सोई करसी हुकमु न करणा जाई

He does whatever He pleases. No order can be issued to Him.

ਸੋ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੁ ਸਾਹਾ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਹਣੁ ਰਜਾਈ

So Paathisaahu Saahaa Paathisaahib Naanak Rehan Rajaaee

सो पातिसाहु साहा पातिसाहिबु नानक रहणु रजाई

He is the King, the King of kings, the Supreme Lord and Master of kings. Nanak remains subject to His Will.

In these lines above, we can see that Guru Jee tells us that, He, Wahiguru Akal Purukh is the only creator and the only Lord of everything. He is the highest.

Then He tells us, something about the different deities, devis, devtas, created by Him for a particular purpose, to whom almost the whole world bow , revere and worship, but they too, sing His Glory, the one Akal Purukh.

He is Beant, Apaar....

So let us see, some of the lines from the Bani about these facts :

ਕੇਤੇ ਪਵਣ ਪਾਣੀ ਵੈਸੰਤਰ ਕੇਤੇ ਕਾਨ ਮਹੇਸ

Kaethae Pavan Paanee Vaisanthar Kaethae Kaan Mehaes

केते पवण पाणी वैसंतर केते कान महेस

So many winds, waters and fires; so many Krishnas and Shivas.

ਕੇਤੇ ਬਰਮੇ ਘਾੜਤਿ ਘੜੀਅਹਿ ਰੂਪ ਰੰਗ ਕੇ ਵੇਸ

Kaethae Baramae Ghaarrath Gharreeahi Roop Rang Kae Vaes

केते बरमे घाड़ति घड़ीअहि रूप रंग के वेस

So many Brahmas, fashioning forms of great beauty, adorned and dressed in many colors.

ਕੇਤੀਆ ਕਰਮ ਭੂਮੀ ਮੇਰ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੇਤੇ ਧੂ ਉਪਦੇਸ

Kaetheeaa Karam Bhoomee Maer Kaethae Kaethae Dhhoo Oupadhaes

केतीआ करम भूमी मेर केते केते धू उपदेस

So many worlds and lands for working out karma. So very many lessons to be learned!

ਕੇਤੇ ਇੰਦ ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੇਤੇ ਮੰਡਲ ਦੇਸ

Kaethae Eindh Chandh Soor Kaethae Kaethae Manddal Dhaes

केते इंद चंद सूर केते केते मंडल देस

So many Indras, so many moons and suns, so many worlds and lands.

ਕੇਤੇ ਸਿਧ ਬੁਧ ਨਾਥ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੇਤੇ ਦੇਵੀ ਵੇਸ

Kaethae Sidhh Budhh Naathh Kaethae Kaethae Dhaevee Vaes

केते सिध बुध नाथ केते केते देवी वेस

So many Siddhas and Buddhas, so many Yogic masters. So many goddesses of various kinds.

ਕੇਤੇ ਦੇਵ ਦਾਨਵ ਮੁਨਿ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੇਤੇ ਰਤਨ ਸਮੁੰਦ

Kaethae Dhaev Dhaanav Mun Kaethae Kaethae Rathan Samundh

केते देव दानव मुनि केते केते रतन समुंद

So many demi-gods and demons, so many silent sages. So many oceans of jewels.

ਕੇਤੀਆ ਖਾਣੀ ਕੇਤੀਆ ਬਾਣੀ ਕੇਤੇ ਪਾਤ ਨਰਿੰਦ

Kaetheeaa Khaanee Kaetheeaa Baanee Kaethae Paath Narindh

केतीआ खाणी केतीआ बाणी केते पात नरिंद

So many ways of life, so many languages. So many dynasties of rulers.

ਕੇਤੀਆ ਸੁਰਤੀ ਸੇਵਕ ਕੇਤੇ ਨਾਨਕ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਅੰਤੁ

Kaetheeaa Surathee Saevak Kaethae Naanak Anth N Anth

केतीआ सुरती सेवक केते नानक अंतु न अंतु

So many intuitive people, so many selfless servants. O Nanak, His limit has no limit!

ਆਖਹਿ ਪੜੇ ਕਰਹਿ ਵਖਿਆਣ

Aakhehi Parrae Karehi Vakhiaan

आखहि पड़े करहि वखिआण

The scholars speak and lecture.

ਆਖਹਿ ਬਰਮੇ ਆਖਹਿ ਇੰਦ

Aakhehi Baramae Aakhehi Eindh

आखहि बरमे आखहि इंद

Brahma speaks, Indra speaks. (Sing His Glory)

ਆਖਹਿ ਗੋਪੀ ਤੈ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ

Aakhehi Gopee Thai Govindh

आखहि गोपी तै गोविंद

The Gopis and Krishna speak. (Sing His Glory)

ਆਖਹਿ ਈਸਰ ਆਖਹਿ ਸਿਧ

Aakhehi Eesar Aakhehi Sidhh

आखहि ईसर आखहि सिध

Shiva speaks, the Siddhas speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਬੁਧ

Aakhehi Kaethae Keethae Budhh

आखहि केते कीते बुध

The many created Buddhas speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਦਾਨਵ ਆਖਹਿ ਦੇਵ

Aakhehi Dhaanav Aakhehi Dhaev

आखहि दानव आखहि देव

The demons speak, the demi-gods speak.

ਆਖਹਿ ਸੁਰਿ ਨਰ ਮੁਨਿ ਜਨ ਸੇਵ

Aakhehi Sur Nar Mun Jan Saev

आखहि सुरि नर मुनि जन सेव

The spiritual warriors, the heavenly beings, the silent sages, the humble and serviceful speak.

ਕੇਤੇ ਆਖਹਿ ਆਖਣਿ ਪਾਹਿ

Kaethae Aakhehi Aakhan Paahi

केते आखहि आखणि पाहि

Many speak and try to describe Him.

ਕੇਤੇ ਕਹਿ ਕਹਿ ਉਠਿ ਉਠਿ ਜਾਹਿ

Kaethae Kehi Kehi Outh Outh Jaahi

केते कहि कहि उठि उठि जाहि

Many have spoken of Him over and over again, and have then arisen and departed.

ਏਤੇ ਕੀਤੇ ਹੋਰਿ ਕਰੇਹਿ

Eaethae Keethae Hor Karaehi

एते कीते होरि करेहि

If He were to create as many again as there already are,

ਤਾ ਆਖਿ ਨ ਸਕਹਿ ਕੇਈ ਕੇਇ

Thaa Aakh N Sakehi Kaeee Kaee

ता आखि न सकहि केई केइ

Even then, they could not describe Him.

*( They< Krishnas, Brahmas, Shivas, Indras, Debis, Devtas...etc > can not describe Him, because they are not one with Him, neither they are Him, on the contrary, the Gurmukhs, the Sant Janas, yes, as the Bani says: Nanak, Sadh, Prabh, bhed nahee paee. So naturally, the rank of Gurmukhs, is higher than any other deity or divinity, as they are one with Wahiguru.)

ਜੇਵਡੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤੇਵਡੁ ਹੋਇ

Jaevadd Bhaavai Thaevadd Hoe

जेवडु भावै तेवडु होइ

He is as Great as He wishes to be.

I think needless is to say, if at all anybody we should give our love and devotion, is , only Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Why?

Because if we worship anybody apart from Him, we shall go to that realm of that deity.

That means, not Sach Khand.

For as only our devotion to Wahiguru, His Naam/ Nao, Shabad, guarantee our freedom from this mayavee creation, and make us reach our destination in Sach Khand.

Krishnas , Shivas, Brahmas, Indras, devis, devtas, Budhas are many, as seen above in the priceless words of Guru Jee.... while on the contrary, Wahiguru is only one.

So it is our choice, whom we want to devote and worship.

Worshipping any other entity, we perpetuate our stay in the cycle of eighty four.

Worshipping one Wahiguru, we shall merge in Him.

May Waheguru bless all.

Edited by harsharan000

• 2 weeks later...

SUPREME IMPORTANCE OF NAM IN SIKHEE

Dhan Dhan Satguru Sachay Patshah Arjun Dev Maharaj, tells us in His Bani of Raag Jaitsiri, about the supreme importance of His Naam at all levels, realms and conditions.

What is the purpose of all our devotional activities, we perform in our daily lives, up to the end of our days here in this world?

Well, the answer of almost all of us will be, to wash our sins and generate love for His Lotus Feet. This is all right, but let us see, what our Guru Sahiban has to say about it:

ਕਿਰਤ ਕਰਮ ਨ ਮਿਟੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਧਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਖਟਿਆ

Kirath Karam N Mittai, Naanak Har Naam Dhhan Nehee Khattiaa

किरत करम न मिटै नानक हरि नाम धनु नही खटिआ

The karma of their past deeds cannot be erased, O Nanak, if they have not earned the wealth of the Lord's Name.

He clearly says, if the kamaee of Lord´s Name is not gathered, our past deeds(karmas) and sins can not be washed away.

Then He says:

ਉਦਮ ਕਰਹਿ ਅਨੇਕ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਗਾਵਹੀ

Oudham Karehi Anaek Har Naam N Gaavehee

उदम करहि अनेक हरि नामु न गावही

He makes all sorts of efforts, but he does not sing the Lord's Name.

Here He is telling us, He knows our manmukhta condition, cause we prefer to do a thousand and one things before, than to do His Simran or chintan.

And He warns us, that by being manmukhs, the result of this our petty mindedness, leads us to our spiritual pitfall:

ਭਰਮਹਿ ਜੋਨਿ ਅਸੰਖ ਮਰਿ ਜਨਮਹਿ ਆਵਹੀ

Bharamehi Jon Asankh Mar Janamehi Aavehee

भरमहि जोनि असंख मरि जनमहि आवही

He wanders around in countless incarnations; he dies, only to be born again.

ਬੀਜੁ ਬੋਵਸਿ ਭੋਗ ਭੋਗਹਿ ਕੀਆ ਅਪਣਾ ਪਾਵਏ

Beej Bovas Bhog Bhogehi Keeaa Apanaa Paaveae

बीजु बोवसि भोग भोगहि कीआ अपणा पावए

As are the seeds he plants, so are the pleasures he enjoys; he receives the consequences of his own actions

In this upper line, He is clearly pointing us, that, any other action/activity done, is karma which will bound us back into the creation, thus it is only His Simran, which will deliver us freedom from this mayavee and perisahble creation.

The path of Sikhee or Gurmat is not to create discrimination among human beings, or to even tie us with any worldy related chains such as dharam, karam khand, land, etc .....

The only purpose of Sikhee, is to liberate the soul from the clutches of mind, maya and wash the filth of our unlimited karmas, and reunite it with the only permanent and eternal Truth, which is Wahiguru, through His Simran.

This is the grace of Wahiguru upon us jeevas, by letting us moorakhs, know about the True devotion which pleases Him the most, through His bhagats, Gurmukhs and Guru Sahibans..

Oouch, Apaar, Beant, Soami, kaun jaane gun Tere?

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

Wahiguru the maker/doer, soul, mind and karmas .....

The Supreme Being´s primary unit of creation, is not made of matter.

His fundamental being, is a little being, the soul, the jeeva, made of of His own substance, in His own image, being or consciousness.

Every living creature is a being, a drop so to speak, of the Ocean of that Supreme Being, Supreme Consciousness. And every creature also has a mind attached, - which is also a drop so to say of the higher universal mind - which acts as a sort of dynamic, ever changing screen throug which "reality" is perceived. And the mind is formative. It is the mind which creates multiplicity of changing forms.The mind consists of subtle,shifting patterns - limitations or constraints upon the essential being or consciousness within. And it is the mind that is projected outwardly or crystallized, so to speak as body.

This is what makes one species different from another - the character of the mental envelope around the soul.

The mental pattern from which the physicall form is manifested. And a part of that mental envelope is what we call instinct- the unconscious and mysterious mental functioning that constrains each creature to behave in the way it does.

Every creature is a being encapsulated by the mind, which has taken material form as body.

That is how beings reincarnate and transmigrate from one body to another. What a being does in one body, it leaves impressionson its mind, which then precipates or manifests as body and destiny to which that being is bound in subsequent lives

Reincarnation is the result of subtle, hidden processes of the formative mind. The mind is the means by which the requiremnets of the karmic law are worked out. The law of karma is actually the law of mind - of duality, of cause and effect, of events happening in time.

Now the question of releasing the soul from being encapsulated in mind and the three coverings, to become imaculate and worthy of its union and merging in Wahiguru, is the key for our freedom from the mayavee creation.

How to achieve that?

The whole of the Bani, is nothing but a constant stressing, that by meditating upon Him, through His Simran, is the only way to our sure success.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

Raag Raamkali Dakhni Guru Nanak Dev

ਨਾਮ ਵਿਹੂਣਾ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਿਵ ਹੋਈ

Naam Vihoonaa Mukath Kiv Hoee

नाम विहूणा मुकति किव होई

Without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, how can anyone find liberation?

ਵਿਣੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਵੇਰੋਧੁ ਸਰੀਰ

Vin Naavai Vaerodhh Sareer

विणु नावै वेरोधु सरीर

Without the Name, even one's own body is an enemy.

ਵਾਟ ਵਟਾਊ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਇ

Vaatt Vattaaoo Aavai Jaae

वाट वटाऊ आवै जाइ

The traveller comes and goes along the highway.

ਕਿਆ ਲੇ ਆਇਆ ਕਿਆ ਪਲੈ ਪਾਇ

Kiaa Lae Aaeiaa Kiaa Palai Paae

किआ ले आइआ किआ पलै पाइ

What did he bring when he came, and what will he take away when he goes?

ਵਿਣੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਤੋਟਾ ਸਭ ਥਾਇ

Vin Naavai Thottaa Sabh Thhaae

विणु नावै तोटा सभ थाइ

Without the Name, one loses everywhere.

ਵਿਣੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਕੈਸੀ ਪਤਿ ਸਾਰੀ

Vin Naavai Kaisee Path Saaree

विणु नावै कैसी पति सारी

Without the Name, how can one find honor and nobility?

• 3 weeks later...

A LESSON OF lOVE

We have all heard, God is Love and Love is God.

It is by the link of Love, by which we attach ourselves with Him, and finally merge in Him.

Dasvee Patshahee says :

Saach keho suun laeho sabhay, jin praem keeo tin hee prabh paaeyo.

I speak the truth, listen everyone: Only the one who is absorbed in True Love shall attain the Lord.

Now, the question is how to Love Wahiguru.

Do we need to say or repeat Him constantly : Wahiguru I love You, I love You ..... ?

That is not the right attitude.

Even at our worldly level, when we love someone, we try not to do anything which may cause hurt, and also the main thing is to spend as much time as possible in the company of the Beloved.

So then, how can we express our love to our Beloved Wahiguru Akal Purukh?

And as we saw above, Tenth Patshahee says, whosoever loveth Him, shall merge in Him.

Here, He is revealing us the secret of spirituality, that merging in Him, is only possible by loving Him.

And we all know, that only by His Simran, His Dhyan, can we realize Him and merge in Him.

It has to be so, as we do His Bhajan Bandagee, we spend a part of our time in His presence , this is in reality singing His praises, and telling Him in His own langauge, the language of love, Wahiguru Sachay Patshah, I love You alone.

Wahiguru does not want any words from us, He wants our intentions to be expressed through action, and these can can only be possible through the channel of bhakti of His Naam Simran.

Gurmukhs, Sant Janas, come for the only purpose of making us aware of our spiritual nature, and at the same time infuse a bit of His love in us, by singing His infinte Glory, then they plead us, to make grow that love in us for Him through His Simran, till the day comes, when we find ourselves totally filled with His Divine Love in all our being, then only, our tiny self of Love(soul/jeeva) can merge in that Satnam Samundar of Love.

Thus, the beautiful words of Dasam Pitah, become true in terms of realization for us: Jin prem kiyo, tinhee Prabh paayo.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

What is a true blessing from Wahiguru?

We ask for blessings for countless wishes and desires to be fullfilled from our Lord Wahiguru.

These desires if are not related to Wahiguru only, are just chains around our necks which keep us bound in the perishable creation.

These desires are usaully for fame, name, power, possesions, children, health and so on ....

But Dhan Dhan Satguru Sachay Patshah Arjun Dev Maharaj tells us, what is reality a blessing from Wahiguru upon us.

In Raag Gauree, He says:

jaa ka-o apnee kirpaa Dhaarai.

Those, upon whom the Lord Himself showers His Mercy,

so jan rasnaa naam uchaaray.

chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord, with their tongues.

Wahiguru´s relation with us, is a one of utmost love, just as mother or a father with the child....

So, just as a parent who wants to have the child near to hug him and love him, all the attempts of the parent are to take care and love him as much as possible...

In that sense, Wahiguru will never give us anything to keep us away from Him, unless we foolishly ask for those mayavee khilonas, rather He will give us that thing which will bring us closer and closer to Him, till the end, we come so near, that we merge in Him.

And that divine gift, or blessing, as seen above in the words full of wisdom of Fifth Patshahee, is the gift, the daat, of His Simran alone.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

The true value of His Name

Slok Sree Bhagat Kabeer Sahib.

We manmukhs, when coming on the issues of devotion take the devotion of Naam Simran as something secondary, and prefer to do our manmat.

But, we all know, Kabeer Sahib, through His bhakti, and utter Love for His Naam, had merged Himself in Him, and for us, He is a witness of the infinite glory of Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

He knows the value of His Naam, thus He convincingly and conscioussly induces to do the same bhakti, by which, He met Him within, and became one with Him.

He beautifully says:

ਕਬੀਰ ਸੁਪਨੈ ਹੂ ਬਰੜਾਇ ਕੈ ਜਿਹ ਮੁਖਿ ਨਿਕਸੈ ਰਾਮੁ

Kabeer Supanai Hoo Bararraae Kai Jih Mukh Nikasai Raam

कबीर सुपनै हू बरड़ाइ कै जिह मुखि निकसै रामु

Kabeer, if someone utters the Name of the Lord even in dreams,

ਤਾ ਕੇ ਪਗ ਕੀ ਪਾਨਹੀ ਮੇਰੇ ਤਨ ਕੋ ਚਾਮੁ

Thaa Kae Pag Kee Paanehee Maerae Than Ko Chaam

ता के पग की पानही मेरे तन को चामु

I would make my skin into shoes for his feet.

Realizing the depth of Truth in Kabeer Jee´s words above, it seems, His words are a mirror for us manmukh moorakhs.

While the Gurmukhs, support themselves at all times on His Naam alone, we prefer to do a lot of other things, thinking them to be as important as our other activities, or even a replacement, of the real Bhakti of Wahiguru, which is only possible through His chintan, through His dhyan, through His Simran ....

Sat Sree Akal.

Raag Bilaaval : Bani Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj

ਵਰਤੁ ਨੇਮੁ ਨਿਤਾਪ੍ਰਤਿ ਪੂਜਾ, ਬਿਨੁ ਬੂਝੇ ਸਭੁ ਭਾਉ ਹੈ ਦੂਜਾ

वरतु नेमु निताप्रति पूजा, बिनु बूझे सभु भाउ है दूजा

Varat naym nitaaparat poojaa. bin boojhay sabh bhaa-o hai doojaa.

Without genuine understanding, all fasts, religious rituals and daily worship services lead only to the love of duality.

In this line above of Third Patshahee, He reveals us what is True devotion. First of all, He says, without genuine understanding of the one True devotion, all fasts, religious rituals and daily outer practices are all false, which produce nothing positive in us, but rather keep us blind in agyanta of maya.

So naturally, the question may arise in our minds, what is then that genuine understanding?

The Bani clearly tells us: Awar Kaaj tere kiteh na kam, mil Sadh Sangat bhaj kewal Naam.

Many of us say, let me do these things (rituals)first, then only once prepared will I do His simran....

This is like a sick person saying: let me get well first, then only will I take the medicine....

We may laugh at this statement, but it is our present poor condition.

The malady, the sickness, the filth is in our mind, it is something subtle, which can not be washed or erased by anything made out of the 5 elements. Just as mud can not be washed with mud. It has to be something much subtler, and beyond them.

And beyond them, is only Wahiguru Akal Purukh, and His power of Naam.

Thus His Simran, is always the short cut and one in all medicine recomemded by our Guru Sahibans and Gurmukhs, to cure us from our vikars, our past sanskaras, our countless sins, and to defeat the mind and Yam Kal, also.

Sat Sree Akal.