Hinduization Of Sikh Faith And History

mamta mohan

There is no such thing as hinduism that was british invention, orginal is called snatan dhrama which is not religion in a organized form...many scholars came to same conclusion- read scholar thesis and make up your mind----came to same conclusion that umbrella of spiritual orders cannot be labeled as religion or organized in form of religion but umbrella of spiritual orders are part of Snatan(eternal) dharma since sikhi incorporates or have all spiritual orders -includes all the spiritual orders as from aad sach everything orginated from to begin with...sikh dharma are true/ultimate heir of snatan dharma as it source of all- includes all, talks to indic all spiritual school of thoughts along with essence of sikhi/sat enshrined in our mool mantra- aad such jugad sach hai bhi sach nanak hosi bhi sach.

Please note i m not talking about sikh community in general, as far as i m concenred they are just as petty as everyone else with lot of chances of improvement..when it comes to sikh theology its find its roots right in mool mantra not just date or time- aad sach (before beginning-eternal-snatan) jugad sach (from all the ages is true) hai bhi sach ( true now) nanak hosi bhi sach ( nanak says- will be true forever).

There is no such thing as hinduism that was british invention, orginal is called snatan dhrama which is not religion in a organized form...many scholars came to same conclusion- read scholar thesis and make up your mind----came to same conclusion that umbrella of spiritual orders cannot be labeled as religion or organized in form of religion but umbrella of spiritual orders are part of Snatan(eternal) dharma since sikhi incorporates or have all spiritual orders -includes all the spiritual orders as from aad sach everything orginated from to begin with...sikh dharma are true/ultimate heir of snatan dharma as it source of all- includes all, talks to indic all spiritual school of thoughts along with essence of sikhi/sat enshrined in our mool mantra- aad such jugad sach hai bhi sach nanak hosi bhi sach.

Please note i m not talking about sikh community in general, as far as i m concenred they are just as petty as everyone else with lot of chances of improvement..when it comes to sikh theology its find its roots right in mool mantra not just date or time- aad sach (before beginning-eternal-snatan) jugad sach (from all the ages is true) hai bhi sach ( true now) nanak hosi bhi sach ( nanak says- will be true forever).

Fantastic post.

True! Modern Sikhism is a British Christian creation. They had a fetish for classifying everything in neat and tidy compartments. Making it easier to manipulate and change based on circumstance.

Notice how the sacrifice of Guru tegu BAhadur changes during the British times. He becomes a Jesus like figure who sheds his blood and Chandu becomes like judas, the ultimate betrayer. The result is the separation of Sikhism and Hinduism just like Christianity and Judaism earlier. Fundamentalist Christians still hold the Jews responsible for the death of Jesus while fundamentalist Sikhs hold Chandu responsible.

The problem lies with the invention of 'Isms' . They have made a clear cut divide even though Muslims Jews and Christians draw from the same Judaism. All the 3 will recognize icons like Gabriel , Abraham, Moses and so on.

Similarly, The Sampradays, Panths which came up in India will also have the same Iconology ..Raja Ramchander ji , Krishan ji , Shiv ji Ganesh ji , Mata Durga Chandi Bhavani etc upto some extent.

The problem is with people who want to convert Dharam into a 'Ism' .

Forget about "isms" and the rest. Sikh religion does not believe in 30 crore devis and devtaas. A sikh is only suppose to worship One God and not worship anything else. Only IK ONKAAR. Differences between the Sikh religion and hinduism are huge. One's spiritiual journey starts from Charan Pahul da and Khandey Bhattey da Amrit and, not by invoking hanuman or drawing mandalas on the floors in different colors. Sikh(ism) and hindu(ism) are totally worlds apart.

Edited by ASJ

Siri Guru Granth Sahib Aad Darbar ji , Siri Guru Dasam Granth Sahib Dasam Darbar ji and Siri Guru Sarabloh Granth Sahib Sarabloh Darbar ji have iconology from Sanatan Dharam ...it maybe not easy to accept however if you read the Baani ..you will understand what is being said. The Ultimate Truth is the Nirgun Niraankar Parmesar Akaal Purakh ji ..for this you would need to understand what the Vedas have said which might be very difficult for you due to nausea .

Forget about "isms" and the rest. Sikh religion does not believe in 30 crore devis and devtaas. A sikh is only suppose to worship One God and not worship anything else. Only IK ONKAAR. Differences between the Sikh religion and hinduism are huge. One's spiritiual journey starts from Charan Pahul da and Khandey Bhattey da Amrit and, not by invoking hanuman or drawing mandalas on the floors in different colors. Sikh(ism) and hindu(ism) are totally worlds apart.

Edited by jaikaara

Monotheism and polytheism are million of worlds apart. There is no mention of trinity in Sikh religion.

The wonderful Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji invokes only one IK ONKAAR.

Sikhs do not invoke the agni, the wind, the water, the stones or anything else when they start their spiritual journey. They only invoke Ik Onkaar, Sat Naam, Karta Purukh, Nirbow, Nirwair, Akaal Murat, Ajooni, Sahibang, Gurprasaad, Jap.

All hindu mantras are insignificant and don't mean anything to a devout sikh. There are no pakhands and pujas in Sikh religion. No karwachoths, monday fast, tuesday fast, wednesday fast etc. No feeding of the dead relatives or kanjkaas. No wearing of a red thread on your wrists to signify you are a brahmin either. The great Sikh religion is a very straightforward and simple religion. It has done away with all the pakhands and pujas that existed at the time of the first Guru Sahiban ji. There are no similarities in any shape or form in this wonderful Chardi Kalaan religion.

Edited by ASJ

Who told you that they invoke Devtas and Devis ? In your case then the mention of Isher , Brahma and Parbati mai would also be sacrilege.

They wont mean anything to you since you are not literate on it ..tell me the meaning of Rahaao..Aril, Bhagvati Chhand, if you are too learned then.

Vedas also invoke many million more devtas and devis for that.

Sikhs do not invoke the agni, the wind, the water or anything else when they start their spiritual journey. They only invoke Ik Onkaar, Sat Naam, Karta Purukh, Nirbow, Nirwair, Akaal Murat, Ajooni, Sahibang, Gurprasaad, Jap.

Not any omboors or swaahaaas khwaaaahaas or any other insignificant mantras. They don't mean anything. I do hope you are not too terribly nauseated by this.

Monotheism and polytheism are million of worlds apart. There is no mention of trinity in Sikh religion.

Sikhs do not invoke the agni, the wind, the water, the stones or anything else when they start their spiritual journey. They only invoke Ik Onkaar, Sat Naam, Karta Purukh, Nirbow, Nirwair, Akaal Murat, Ajooni, Sahibang, Gurprasaad, Jap.

All hindu mantras are insignificant and don't mean anything to a devout sikh. There are no pakhands and pujas in Sikh religion. No karwachoths, monday fast, tuesday fast, wednesday fast etc. No feeding of the dead relatives or kanjkaas. No wearing of a red thread on your wrists to signify you are a brahmin either. The great Sikh religion is a very straightforward and simple religion. It has done away with all the pakhands and pujas that existed at the time of the first Guru Sahiban ji. There are no similarities in any shape or form in this wonderful Chardi Kalaan religion.

Hindu religion is a dirty religion. I am so happy to follow sikh religion. I am so lucky.

Edited by mamta mohan

This perhaps tells us why hinduism is different from sikhism. In sikhism we can communicate and invoke God directly. Hindus on the other hand have to go through lesser gods and goddesses to speak with God. This is what I had to do as an exchristian.

http://hinduism.about.com/cs/basics/a/aa072103a.htm

Edited by Martin Holland

There is no such thing as hinduism that was british invention, orginal is called snatan dhrama which is not religion in a organized form...many scholars came to same conclusion- read scholar thesis and make up your mind----came to same conclusion that umbrella of spiritual orders cannot be labeled as religion or organized in form of religion but umbrella of spiritual orders are part of Snatan(eternal) dharma

Precisely.

since sikhi incorporates or have all spiritual orders -includes all the spiritual orders as from aad sach everything orginated from to begin with...sikh dharma are true/ultimate heir of snatan dharma as it source of all- includes all, talks to indic all spiritual school of thoughts along with essence of sikhi/sat enshrined in our mool mantra- aad such jugad sach hai bhi sach nanak hosi bhi sach.

It would be a mistake to say this. Sikhism does not incorporate all spiritual orders. It makes up a small portion of the much larger spectrum of spiritual orders that exist in India and in the world.

Certainly Sikhism can talk to other schools of thought but it does not necessarily incorporate them.

This perhaps tells us why hinduism is different from sikhism. In sikhism we can communicate and invoke God directly. Hindus on the other hand have to go through lesser gods and goddesses to speak with God. This is what I had to do as an exchristian.

http://hinduism.about.com/cs/basics/a/aa072103a.htm

Good video Martin Holland. Hinduism is full of superstitions. Watch this and decide for yourself.

This service can cost you a lot of money sometimes.

Good video Martin Holland. Hinduism is full of superstitions. Watch this and decide for yourself.

This service can cost you a lot of money sometimes.

The whole act of going to your place of worship and bowing your head to your magical friend in the sky is superstition, at least according to science. It costs a lot for the Tulsi but perhaps much more when you lay down your money by the billions to please your unseen yaar in the sky, who never seems to really show up.

So is the bigger fool?

It's like the story I like to cite often. If my water can't reach the sun, how is your ardas going even further, Guruji?

Hopefully, you get my point. Religion is all FAITH so the act of walking around a book or idol, offering prasad to your book or idol, or offering thanks or prayer to some unseen deity or deities is all equally absurd.

Unless, of course you can show me some tangible statistics or results of your One God.

The whole act of going to your place of worship and bowing your head to your magical friend in the sky is superstition, at least according to science.

Amandeep, you've been studying the wrong kind of science my friend.

If my water can't reach the sun, how is your ardas going even further, Guruji?

The way a thought can travel faster than the speed of light, that's how an ardas, which is a thought travels farther than the sun.

Amandeep, you've been studying the wrong kind of science my friend.

The way a thought can travel faster than the speed of light, that's how an ardas, which is a thought travels farther than the sun.

Really? Can you back that up with some science? Or is this just one superstitious act vs. another equally superstitious act?