Sikh Rehat Maryada

paapiman

Is following blindly something that the Guru wants? Someone has clearly not read Gurbani:

Gurbani teaches that one must first evaluate the philosophy, if convinced, then adopt/follow it
AGGS, M 1, P 1410: Pehla wastu sanjan kay ta keechay wapar
Highest importance is given on the deliberation and discussion on the sabd of the Guru
AGGS, M 1, P 904: Sabsay Uppar gur sabd beechar
mportance of first listening and then expressing oneself as long as one lives in the world, is an important feature of the Gurbani
AGGS, M 1, P 661 :Jab lag dunia rahiey Nanak kish suniey kish kahiey
if there is any doubt it can be resolved by sitting together in the sangat and discussing the matter fully attuned to the Almighty
AGGS, M 5, P 1185: Hoey ikatar mileh mere bhai dubida dur kar liv laey
Gurbani says: Those who have discriminating intellect can understand things in their real perspective, and those who have the discriminating intellect are wealthy in knowledge.
AGGS, M 5, P 285: Bhujay Bhujanhar bibake
AGGS, M 5, P 1150 : So dhanwanta jis budh bibake
Gurbani explains that researchers progress while the others who move aimlessly from one topic to the other, disintegrate
AGGS, M 1, P 1255: Khoji Upjay badi Binsay hao bal gur kartara

Paapi, Gurbachan Singh or Nand Singh are not above Gurbani for me.

Have some respect bro, for such people of such high avastha. People respect their elders so much even though, they are just kaljugee beings. At least, write a suffix of 'jee' to their names. Gurbani instructs us to respect saints a lot.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Regarding the color red

ਸੂਹਾ ਰੰਗੁ ਵਿਕਾਰੁ ਹੈ ਕੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਾਇ ॥ सूहा रंगु विकारु है कंतु न पाइआ जाइ ॥ Sūhā rang vikār hai kanṯ na pā▫i▫ā jā▫e. The red color is vain and useless; it cannot help you obtain your Husband Lord.

ਇਸੁ ਲਹਦੇ ਬਿਲਮ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਰੰਡ ਬੈਠੀ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ॥ इसु लहदे बिलम न होवई रंड बैठी दूजै भाइ ॥ Is lahḏe bilam na hova▫ī rand baiṯẖī ḏūjai bẖā▫e. This color does not take long to fade; she who loves duality, ends up a widow.

ਮੁੰਧ ਇਆਣੀ ਦੁੰਮਣੀ ਸੂਹੈ ਵੇਸਿ ਲੋੁਭਾਇ ॥ मुंध इआणी दुमणी सूहै वेसि लोभाइ ॥ Munḏẖ i▫āṇī ḏummṇī sūhai ves lobẖā▫e. She who loves to wear her red dress is foolish and double-minded.

ਸਬਦਿ ਸਚੈ ਰੰਗੁ ਲਾਲੁ ਕਰਿ ਭੈ ਭਾਇ ਸੀਗਾਰੁ ਬਣਾਇ ॥ सबदि सचै रंगु लालु करि भै भाइ सीगारु बणाइ ॥ Sabaḏ sacẖai rang lāl kar bẖai bẖā▫e sīgār baṇā▫e. So make the True Word of the Shabad your red dress, and let the Fear of God, and the Love of God, be your ornaments and decorations.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਦਾ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਜਿ ਚਲਨਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਭਾਇ ॥੨॥ नानक सदा सोहागणी जि चलनि सतिगुर भाइ ॥२॥ Nānak saḏā sohāgaṇī jė cẖalan saṯgur bẖā▫e. ||2|| O Nanak, she is a happy soul-bride forever, who walks in harmony with the Will of the True Guru. ||2||

Taksal reads an old granth, believes it to be 150% true. Can't question because it is 'puratan' while your own beloved website sarbloh questioned Taksals origins linked to Baba Deep Singh. They say DDT only came into being in 20th century.

Thinks kakkaars are gifts from Hindu deities, Bhagats whose banis was in GGS needed to be reincarnated (so their bani is futile?) and what not.

Singh123..., no I also want to go back to the roots i.e. have one takht, have no jathedars who act like popes but sevadars, and just how Sikhi was during the times of the Guru.

Paapi, Gurbachan Singh or Nand Singh are not above Gurbani for me.

Missionaries over-question and Taksalis under-question.

Well me and you are similar then!

I have high respect for sant gyani gurbachan Singh and sant baba nand Singh but they are not my guru... People are worshiping Sants which is wrong.

Is following blindly something that the Guru wants? Someone has clearly not read Gurbani:

Gurbani teaches that one must first evaluate the philosophy, if convinced, then adopt/follow it
AGGS, M 1, P 1410: Pehla wastu sanjan kay ta keechay wapar
Highest importance is given on the deliberation and discussion on the sabd of the Guru
AGGS, M 1, P 904: Sabsay Uppar gur sabd beechar
mportance of first listening and then expressing oneself as long as one lives in the world, is an important feature of the Gurbani
AGGS, M 1, P 661 :Jab lag dunia rahiey Nanak kish suniey kish kahiey
if there is any doubt it can be resolved by sitting together in the sangat and discussing the matter fully attuned to the Almighty
AGGS, M 5, P 1185: Hoey ikatar mileh mere bhai dubida dur kar liv laey
Gurbani says: Those who have discriminating intellect can understand things in their real perspective, and those who have the discriminating intellect are wealthy in knowledge.
AGGS, M 5, P 285: Bhujay Bhujanhar bibake
AGGS, M 5, P 1150 : So dhanwanta jis budh bibake
Gurbani explains that researchers progress while the others who move aimlessly from one topic to the other, disintegrate
AGGS, M 1, P 1255: Khoji Upjay badi Binsay hao bal gur kartara

Following blindly means, not to question Satguru's jee actions or create doubts on Satguru jee. It does not mean, one should not listen to Gurbani veechar.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Hmm I hope someday to do panj pyare di seva just so I can say see a woman can do it just as good as a man! And I plan to at least have one female panj when I take Amrit soon. :)

Singhs stuck in past discriminating against women can follow DDT while I will follow SRM. We all have a choice. We all know what's right in our hearts.

my question to you is if you take Amrit from 5 men would it be invalid? Would you think of it as Amrit? Edited by Singh123456777

Regarding taking tuks out of context:

ਲਾਲ ਭਏ ਸੂਹਾ ਰੰਗੁ ਮਾਇਆ ॥
Instead of the pale color of Maya, I am imbued with the deep red color of the Lord's Love.
ਮਃ 1
ਲੋਕਾ ਵੇ ਹਉ ਸੂਹਵੀ ਸੂਹਾ ਵੇਸੁ ਕਰੀ ॥
O people: I am in red, dressed in a red robe.
ਮਃ 3

Well me and you are similar then!

I have high respect for sant gyani gurbachan Singh and sant baba nand Singh but they are not my guru... People are worshiping Sants which is wrong.

As Sikhs, we should only worship, Satguru Sri Guru Nanak dev jee Maharaaj, the incarnation of the Almighty Lord.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

Paapi, if Gurbilas says that Guru Tegh bahadur committed suicide and I question that. I ain't questioning my Guru but the authors writing such baseless stories.

Same way other baseless things have crept in Sikhi which are more accepted by the mainstream Sikh (than the suicide) but that doesn't make them right. You have to question, but do it too much and you become naastik like missionaries. Have faith (sidak) but not blind faith like DDT because that makes you ritualistic.

Regarding taking tuks out of context:

ਲਾਲ ਭਏ ਸੂਹਾ ਰੰਗੁ ਮਾਇਆ ॥
Instead of the pale color of Maya, I am imbued with the deep red color of the Lord's Love.
ਮਃ 1
ਲੋਕਾ ਵੇ ਹਉ ਸੂਹਵੀ ਸੂਹਾ ਵੇਸੁ ਕਰੀ ॥
O people: I am in red, dressed in a red robe.
ਮਃ 3

Those are the deeper meanings of this tuk. One cannot discard the akhree arth of Gurbanee. That would mean that, Gurbanee is false on akhree level.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

Paapi, if Gurbilas says that Guru Tegh bahadur committed suicide and I question that. I ain't questioning my Guru but the authors writing such baseless stories.

Same way other baseless things have crept in Sikhi which are more accepted by the mainstream Sikh (than the suicide) but that doesn't make them right. You have to question, but do it too much and you become naastik like missionaries. Have faith (sidak) but not blind faith like DDT because that makes you ritualistic.

DDT does not have blind faith... They do not use things that are against gurmat for example when they do katha of suraj pratap when it goes against gurmat they say stuff against it.

You havent read Bhai Gurbachan Singhs book then I think. If Bhagats were in janam-marn then their bani is useless? Thats what Taksal is implying in their book. Besides claiming that kakkaars were gifted by hindu gods (just because Daya Singh Rehatnama and another nirmala granth say it = blind faith)

Yea sure, pick and choose your faith as it pleases you I guess. Akhree arth when it suits you but not otherwise.

I was about to say that to you.....hahaha. If you reject the akhree arth of the above tuk, then you will have to be consistent and reject the akhree arths of all Gurbani tuks.

Many Gurbani tuks have multiple arths and all of them are true. There is a tuk in gurbani, which has more than 20 arths.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

You havent read Bhai Gurbachan Singhs book then I think. If Bhagats were in janam-marn then their bani is useless? Thats what Taksal is implying in their book. Besides claiming that kakkaars were gifted by hindu gods (just because Daya Singh Rehatnama and another nirmala granth say it = blind faith)

Taksal does not believe that kakaars were gifted by Hindu gods... We're are you getting this info???

Bro, Gyani jee never said that Bhagats were in janam-maran cycle. Some Bhagats, according to their will came back during the times of the tenth master. It is possible today too. If Baba Deep Singh jee wants to come back, he can come back too.

I don't think Gyani jee said that Kakkars were gifted to Khalsa by Hindu Gods. The Kakkars were in use before the panth came into existence. We cannot deny that.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Yes, just like you chose to not believe that red is an auspicious color based on the tuks I gave, I am not ready to accept that red is a color to be avoided based on the tuks singh1234 gave.

I have a question for you bro. What is the arth of this tuk according to you?

socY soic n hoveI jy socI lK vwr ]