Dear All

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Our entire Baani has word 'NAAM'. There it is stressed "NAAM JAPO". I'm still not clear what is this naam and what naam should i meditate on and how do i meditate on this NAAM. What exactly does "NAAM JAPO" mean?

When we read the bani everyday and do the Paath, are we fulfilling the requirement of "NAAM JAPO"? If not then how can we do it and then why do i need to do the paath?

Just as a reference i'm puting in these lines from Shri Guru Granth Sahib,

BILAAVAL, FOURTH MEHL:

I meditate on the source of bliss, the Sublime Primal Being; night and day, I am in ecstasy and bliss. The Righteous Judge of Dharma has no power over me; I have cast off all subservience to the Messenger of Death. || 1 || Meditate, O mind, on the Naam, the Name of the Lord of the Universe. By great good fortune, I have found the Guru, the True Guru; I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of supreme bliss. || 1 || Pause || The foolish faithless cynics are held captive by Maya; in Maya, they continue wandering, wandering around. Burnt by desire, and bound by the karma of their past actions, they go round and round, like the ox at the mill press. || 2 || The Gurmukhs, who focus on serving the Guru, are saved; by great good fortune, they perform service. Those who meditate on the Lord obtain the fruits of their rewards, and the bonds of Maya are all broken. || 3 || He Himself is the Lord and Master, and He Himself is the servant. The Lord of the Universe Himself is all by Himself. O servant Nanak, He Himself is All-pervading; as He keeps us, we remain. || 4 || 6 ||

(Page : 800)

================================================

I would like all of us to ponder on this and if someone knows what all this is then please enlighten me and pull me out of this darkness.

• 1 month later...

Naam = The Word, the Real Name of That (Vahiguru), Unknowable/Can be known, Is/Is not, Exists/Exists Not.

Naam = :?:

Jap Vahiguru Vahiguru Vahiguru...and you will experience something really interesting happening...

Naam Jap will lead to Naam