Meray Mann Prem Lago Har Teer

Gond, Fourth Mehl:

My mind yearns so deeply for the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan, like the thirsty man without water. ||1||

My mind is pierced through by the arrow of the Lord's Love.

The Lord God knows my anguish, and the pain deep within my mind. ||1||Pause||

Whoever tells me the Stories of my Beloved Lord is my Sibling of Destiny, and my friend. ||2||

Come, and join together, O my companions; let's sing the Glorious Praises of my God, and follow the comforting advice of the True Guru.. ||3||

Please fulfill the hopes of servant Nanak, O Lord; his body finds peace and tranquility in the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan. ||4||6|| Chhakaa 1.||

VJKK VJKF

I once heard there was something very significant about the rahao line of this Shabad. It was something along the lines of a stage in spirituality. Could someone do an in depth analysis of this Shabad?

Thank you, Waheguru Ji. 

It's well translated already but here is my analysis.

ਗੋਂਡ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ॥
In Rag Gaund, by Guru Ramdas.

ਹਰਿ ਦਰਸਨ ਕਉ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਬਹੁ ਤਪਤੈ ਜਿਉ ਤ੍ਰਿਖਾਵੰਤੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਨੀਰ ॥੧॥
My mind yearns so deeply for the vision of Hari, the way a thirsty man yearns for a drink of cool water.

ਮੇਰੈ ਮਨਿ ਪ੍ਰੇਮੁ ਲਗੋ ਹਰਿ ਤੀਰ ॥
ਹਮਰੀ ਬੇਦਨ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜਾਨੈ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਅੰਤਰ ਕੀ ਪੀਰ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
My mind has been pierced by the arrow of His love; only He understands my pain, the pain I feel from having been separated from Him.

ਮੇਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਕੀ ਕੋਈ ਬਾਤ ਸੁਨਾਵੈ ਸੋ ਭਾਈ ਸੋ ਮੇਰਾ ਬੀਰ ॥੨॥
Whoever tells me stories of Hari, whoever talks about my Beloved, he is my brother, my true brother.

ਮਿਲੁ ਮਿਲੁ ਸਖੀ ਗੁਣ ਕਹੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇ ਲੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮਤਿ ਧੀਰ ॥੩॥
Come together my friends and sing the praises of my Lord, and listen to message of the patient Satguru.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਹਰਿ ਆਸ ਪੁਜਾਵਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਦਰਸਨਿ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਸਰੀਰ ॥੪॥੬॥ ਛਕਾ ੧॥
Guru Ramdas ji says, O Hari please fulfill our desires to unite with You. When we see You, when we get a glimpse of Your form, we find peace.

What is special about that rahao line is that it describes a state where the mind stops seeking material objects or  imaginary objects, and starts seeking desiring God instead.

There is a fundamental shift that takes place, where the individual atma starts to actually desire Hari.

Most people aren't actually desiring God. They are not clear in their intention to meet God. They are just sort of half-assing it.

It maybe that they are clear about what they want and it's just not God. Or perhaps they want to want God but don't actually want him. Whatever the case maybe, that desire is neither clear nor very strong.

What Guru Ram Das ji is describing is a clear and strong intention of his soul to merge with God. He wants God, like a thirsty man who wants water, like a stranded individual wants to be rescued... and so on. The analogy is meant how real and strong that desire is.

The pain of separation is so strong that it feels like an arrow piercing your heart. Once this pain reaches it maximum threshold that is when Guru Ji immerses his Sikh into Himself. I guess only the seeker who reached there could describe that pain.

As Bhagat mentioned, the goal is only One, no half-ass attempts.