Sikhs flock to freezing lake : A Karam Kand ???

Sikhs flock to freezing lake

A gurdwara marks the spot where Gobind Singh found God

(All photos: Heather Michaud)

For Sikhs, meditating on the name of God is an integral part of spiritual

life.

Though this is usually done at home and in gurdwaras, there is one place

where it is believed Sikhs can go to achieve greater communion with God.

The place is Hemkunt - the Holy Lake of Ice - set in the Himalayas

bordering Tibet and Nepal.

The lake is accessible for only four months of the year - and now is the

time for the faithful to make their pilgrimage.

They do so for a great number of reasons :

For full story, please D/click the line below to visit the web site

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3147079.stm

see sidak thats a another problem within the panth. Some sikhs dont wish to consider hemkunt sahib ji as "Dusht Dasam" previous incarnation of guroo gobind singh ji maharaj bhagti place. They even question dasam granth sahib ji.

lol @ see jeevan deol - he hasn't published anything other than one essay at harvard, which does not refute daljit singh, and unless you have read his PhD thesis, which i very much doubt, which of his published work are you referring to ?

also, which piara singh paddam essay/book are you referring to ? no point in telling me names without actually mentioning how they proved daljit singh wrong.

Guest Javanmard

Jeevan Deol in Shackle, Cristopher (ed).2001.Sikh Religion and Ethnicity: Curzon.

Piara Singh Padam's book on the Dasam Granth

REal scholars if I may express my opinion... :roll:

Its not about refuting claims of one soo called intellectually or another.

Its about doubting guroo's maharaj bani. If you guys doubt soo much... you might as well call our guroo's fake and be atheist. No point of calling yourself "Sikh".

Sikhs themselves are doubting ragmalla in sggs, treh chritttar, bachittar natak in dasam granth sahib and sarbloh-granth.

Guest Javanmard

ANYONE DOUBTING ANY SECTION OF ADI GURU GRANTH SAHIB AND DASAM GURU GRANTH SAHIB IS NOT BETTER THAN RAM RAI WHO DISTORTED BANI

JEHRA GURBANI DA SHANK KARDA OH SIKH HO NAHIN SAKDA!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

neo singh...calm down. if you don't accept the views of those that don't accept the dasam granth in it's entirety, then refute them !

Dont need to refute them. I have faith in my swami 200 percentage 8).

Thanks but no thanks :D .

You guys can carry on who can refute it or not refute it. I m sure dharamraj is preparing an special khand for you guys :twisted: :twisted:

Guest Javanmard

Dear N3O SIngh I am glad to see that there is someone out there who is ready to defend the integrity of Maharaj's bani including Dasam Guru Granth Sahib.

Anyone who wants to show his/her love for dasam guru granth sahib join us and crush the heretic dushts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gur Bar Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal Hi Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll!!!!!!

DO you believe there exists anything like Hemkunt ? Because in Dasam Granth where there is a mention of Hemkunt, it is also refuted that Tirath Yatra is of nouse. I am not sure... But some of the scholars could put some light...

Taken from another forum...

In the early twentieth century, some sikhs decided to take all this literally and invented the myth of hemkunt sahib. ignoring guru granth sahib ji is one thing, but ignoring things said in the very text from which the myth beings is complete madness!! this text is comdeming rishis, yet some claim guru gobind singh was a rishi ! and it condemns pilgrimage yet

people go there on pilgrimage! the fictional character is given a name, "dusht daman" yet this name does not appear here. in other words, this whole passage is totally misrepresented by the hemkunt sahib industry.

I am not sure...