Can Non-Dual Awareness (Divya Drishti) be developed through Optical illusions?

23 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

Bhagat, you do justice to your talent coming up with new creative ideas. lol.

How about you, have you been able to penetrate or solve the meditation puzzle yourself ? I am going to give it a pass for now , have not developed that level of penetrance yet.

Lol.

Yea I solved em.

Why I think these illusions are useful is because they show you a difference between a meditative state where you have non-dual awareness and a regular waking state. When you learn to understand that difference, you have developed your vivek buddhi. Now you you can go back to everyday life and switch to non-dual awareness because now you know how the switch occurs. You can even employ that in meditation.

Anyways that's the aim of this thread, but we need more people to try it out and get more data.

8 minutes ago, Gunahgar said:

Bro, these things look like snakes curled up with their two pronged little tongues sticking out, just noticed.

You are right lol. They are snakes now that I think about it.

I think you solved a part of the puzzle that no one else solved or even thought of solving.

wow its not difficult at all...i was able to stop it from moving...but boundaries get blurred and all i see is dark areas where the dark spots were

its like zoning out, sitting back, expanding peripheral vision and boom its done...interesting...  well i do get these moments, but those moments I feel dumb because intelligence does not work at that time..this has happened under nervous situations like getting ready to answer a question that has been put on to someone else or maybe for an instant during a test.

6 minutes ago, Gunahgar said:

2nd puzzle is difficult to stop...its basically 4 circles rotating against each other..yeah cant stop the lines moving on this one.

What gunah you did? I hope it was not about killing any penguin cuz I won't tolerate injustice towards my brothers and sisters . :/

4 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

What gunah you did? I hope it was not about killing any penguin cuz I won't tolerate injustice towards my brothers and sisters . :/

haha your brothers & sisters were annoying me too much, had to pack them off to antarctica

20 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

wow its not difficult at all...i was able to stop it from moving...but boundaries get blurred and all i see is dark areas where the dark spots were

Do you notice any other changes in your perception?

Do you hear anything when you make them all still?

its like zoning out, sitting back, expanding peripheral vision and boom its done...interesting...  well i do get these moments, but those moments I feel dumb because intelligence does not work at that time..this has happened under nervous situations like getting ready to answer a question that has been put on to someone else or maybe for an instant during a test.

Interesting.

Well, that's the thing, your intelligence can be a good thing (duh lol) but it can also be one the biggest obstacles you face. Your intelligence is also your greatest ally but also your greatest enemy.

In fact your intelligence is the main obstacle that is causing you not to see God right here in this moment. This is because your intelligence is fixated on certain things and what you have to do is to recognize that and detach it from those things.

It's like looking at yourself, your image, but without a mirror. It's very tough.

Normally you are looking outward and intelligence becomes very good at that and it wants to do that. It has a tendency to go there. So when you want to turn in the opposite direction, which is opposite to where you intelligence is pushing towards, it becomes very difficult to turn it back on itself.

"well i do get these moments, but those moments I feel dumb because intelligence does not work at that time.."

So sometimes when intelligence does not work, in those moments, you get a glimpse of God but then intelligence comes back and it's gone. When that happens you have to train intelligence to not f**k it up.

2nd puzzle is difficult to stop...its basically 4 circles rotating against each other..yeah cant stop the lines moving on this one.

Yea it's harder. You can always make the image smaller to practice then go full screen to see if you can do it there.

Because the size of the image messes with the difficulty of the puzzle.  The smaller the easier. The bigger the harder.

Thanks Bhagat, my head is spinning now.

Your welcome lol.