Can Non-Dual Awareness (Divya Drishti) be developed through Optical illusions?

31 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Paaji, how will the above help a person attain Dib Darishtee, through which demi-Gods, Shaheed Singhs, etc, can be seen? Can you please explain?

Bhul chuk maaf

Haha this is on a smaller level veerji.
This is not going to help people see Gods and Shaheeds. But if they can already see them then I reckon they should be able to stop the circles from spinning.
Also not all Divya Drishti is the same. Someone might be enlightened ie has divya drishti and still may not be able to see any spiritual forms. Different people operate differently, according to what God has made for them.

So what this can do, is give people an idea of how to work towards a beginner level of Divya Drishti. To develop a different way of seeing, that is more holistic, non-dual, oneness, advait type of seeing, which is also Divya Drishti.

And I am not even sure it will do that, this is an experiment out of curiosity to find out if this has the potential.

Let's wait and see what people make of it. You give it a try as well.

If you focus in the middle dark spot, circles will stop moving. If your eyes wander  around circles will start moving again.  However some circles  in peripheral vision won't stop moving unless you are so lost in one spot that you forget about them. Good concentration exercise. 

Good one Bhagat.

i feel any concentration exercise that leads to focus will develop the senses more . It's all about paying attention. We all have the shakti inside us. Only difference is that our shakti is dissipated through various means. If one can focus this shakti many things can be achieved. But it is very difficult and and full of boredom task.

remember monks who  would spend their entire lives sitting on in front of a wall just staring at it. 

But if one plans to develop did drishti through focus exercises one should focus on the padam of Guru Nanak.  This will have manifold benefits of improving focus, concentration, love, devotion and maybe even Darshan . 

So if one does plan to start these focusing exercises, use a picture of your ishta.  :)

Here's another one.  Close your eyes in dark. You will see there is a tiny needle point white dot floating around. Try to catch it . Have fun with it.  It will move up and down and eventually disappear and come back again. I think everyone can see this one.

Or rub your hands together and press against both eyes...you will see some nice visuals and follow them.

another exercise: think of a color in your mind and see if you can reproduce it in your closed eyes. 

Another one is focusing on a flame and then focusing on the after image with closed eyes. 

These exercises will fire up your visual cortex for sure, making it more perceptive. 

But if one does not have time on their hands to go through such exercises, they simply can recite Naam & Gurbani with love & devotion.  Everyone is unique, go with whatever works for you.  Some people are adventurous & like to explore, whereas others are just content with simple things.

11 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

If you focus in the middle dark spot, circles will stop moving. If your eyes wander  around circles will start moving again.  However some circles  in peripheral vision won't stop moving unless you are so lost in one spot that you forget about them. Good concentration exercise.

You want to have all circles be in your vision, and try to have them as clear as possible as well. If working with one circle helps then start with that but ultimately you want to include all of them in you field of vision.

There will be a shift in perception from moving circles -> still circles. This shift in perception is non-dual awareness.

See if you hold all circles in your primary field of vision and make them all still.

See if you can pick out different patterns from within the picture, while holding the circles still. E.g. like picking out all dots, picking out all circles, picking out all squiggly lines, etc.

PS
this is not a "concentration exercise", but if you need to do that to achieve still circles then do that by all means. You can also do other meditation and then come back to the illusion and try to penetrate the illusion with your gaze.

PSS
This is not intended as a replacement to any meditation you are already doing. It is to study whether meditative states can penetrate visual optical illusions.

And to simply play around with the illusions as it appears in your mind's eye, in your consciousness.

PSSS
A more appropriate term is puzzle. This is a puzzle you can solve through meditation. See if you can solve it. Again, play around with it, and then take it further from there.

27 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

@samuraiStop lurking and give it a try. Play around with it. See what you are able to do.

i don't know weather to take that as an insult or encouragement..lol

I just looked at it.. again..nothing moves as i'm not focusing on one bit of it..im just looking at it in the whole....to focus on one bit of it gives it existence (hence movement).. i just see static

do i have bhagat singh's approval..lol

Just now, samurai said:

i don't know weather to take that as an insult or encouragement..lol

I just looked at it.. again..nothing moves as i'm not focusing on one bit of it..im just looking at it in the whole....to focus on one bit of it gives it existence.. i just see static

do i have bhagat singh's approval..lol

Neither. It's an invitation to join the thread. but yea you have my approval now :D

That's the idea though - to see it as a whole.  Like what I said to Ragmaala-

"See if you hold all circles in your primary field of vision and make them all still." - you said you got this part down so do the next bit.

"See if you can pick out different patterns from within the picture, while holding the circles still. E.g. like picking out all dots, picking out all circles, picking out all squiggly lines, etc."
While maintaining a holistic perception, pick up groups of similar parts and identify them as distinctly as possible, in your field of awareness.

19 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

Neither. It's an invitation to join the thread. but yea you have my approval now :D

Just didn't appreciate the word lurking,.far away from my character.. (not really an invitation) 

cool ..i feel privileged .lol..its all good...

22 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

Sorry . By lurking I meant - viewing thread but not commenting.

there are many threads i read but do not comment on as i feel no need to,....im sure there are many others who do the same thing...lurking is a disrespectful term.. for future reference..don't use it with me...no need for 'sorry bhaji' etc..lets just get on with things....carry on with topic

5 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Bhagat, you do justice to your talent coming up with new creative ideas. lol.

How about you, have you been able to penetrate or solve the meditation puzzle yourself ? I am going to give it a pass for now , have not developed that level of penetrance yet.

My fav challenge in whole series, well one of them actually. That's more creative than those pictures and great for meditation . Naw I jut wanna share it since I am in that show . I am the one who jumped in the water cuz that dude was crazy