PDF's of Sikh Books

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I went a number of times with BA as a courier.  That way I'd get the flight for 200 quid single way, whereas it'd normally be 4500 quid. I was a part time student in my 20's in those days.

Thats really good veer ji paying 200 rather than 4500 is a hell of a lot of money especially in those days as well no wonder you had a chance to meet Robert De Niro as normal working person would pay 4500 pounds as only rich and famous could afford that rate.

Thats a really interesting experince you must have had working for BA as a courier.

I know what you mean. You go through periods in life where it changes. I've had a number of years when I stayed away from all tv and media entertainment nd just focused on bhagti and finding myself (soul searching like your username) 

Nowadays, I still enjoy the same movies, but I have a much better perspective and perception.  I tend to view them through a lenses of all the characters/actors  in their roles, whereas in my youth, I'd be watching through main characters lens only and focusing only on his actions/reactions.    Have a tendency to watch anything but seeing it from behind the veil.

I am glad veer ji you know how it feels as with Wahegurus Kirpa i recently last few years i have stopped watching television stuff like eastenders and tv programs as its really boring and i only look at the tv when my mum has it on in the kitchen during roti dinner time.

Recently these last few weeks have been a blessing as since i did banis like Akal Ustat, Chandi Chirtar 2, Ugardanthi (for the first time since my migraines started over a year ago) along side with my usual nitnem of banis like Chandi Di Vaar, Brahm Kavach, Shastar Naam Mala and panj bani nitnem and sometimes Sukhmani Sahib the Ras Anand i got from the current banis made me want to forget everything around me like the tv movies going out to social events parties weddings etc.

Since this i feel like Gurbani is sach and the truth only. And i value my time a lot more compared to before.

Also i usually like to watch a movie only after doing my banis nitnem but usually i am tried afterwoods and i usually go to bed sleep lol.

My username was just a quick thought i had as my previous username is really close to my real name so this was this first thing that came in my mind at the time.

You are 100% right as i enjoy certain movies more now compared to my teens as i am in my late 20s as some movies require a lot more understanding with age.

Currently in U.S.

USA very nice i have also wanted to go there to vist or for a holiday but i have been to Canada Vancouver which was a really nice place compared to the uk lol. 

As the our punjabi people are more desi and it has a sense feeling of being in punjab compared to the uk with our people fitting in as the culture here is boring lol compared to usa and canada.

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Good man.

You remind me of myself when I was about 23/24 yrs age.  Doing the banis was the ignition that got me climbing. I'd say it  lay the foundations that gave further discipline and dedication.  I maximized the hours and began cutting off from maya with time.   This was preliminary for getting all amped and psyched when I began serious years of bhagti.

Thanks veer ji its all Waheguru's kirpa that Guru Sahib blessed daas on this track.

Its nice to hear you started around my age when you was young on the bhagati road.

I would love to spend hours doing simran paath banis but i have to be careful with my headaces migraines problem as i take regular breaks when reading bani.

Do you like hindi movies as well english movies veer ji ?

12 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

I would love to spend hours doing simran paath banis but i have to be careful with my headaces migraines problem as i take regular breaks when reading bani.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound nice.  You tried any natural approaches? changing luminosity, reading lights, breathing, yoga, pranayama, diet, looking for triggers, making note of patterns etc.?

12 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Do you like hindi movies as well english movies veer ji ?

No, I avoid watching indian dramas or movies.  I find the plots tainting and contaminating for my conscious mind.  They come across with crafty nindiya chugleee scenarios. I feel elements of psycho-deceptive schemes in play. i.e. how characters toy with others emotions like nau-sass scenarios or agenda based jealousy traits.    It may just be me, but I feel they plant negative subconscious seeds in me.    I pick and choose very carefully if I were to watch an indian and the only one I've watched in last 2 years was "Dangal" . I'd read some reviews after a black guy at my gym told me - Amir Khan gained 60 lbs for movie and then lost it in a perfectly timed manner with a difficult regimen.   My hero, De Niro had gained the same weight for Raging Bull movie. Dangal was different and not the typical Bollywood churn out that are made within a month or so .  If there were another Bollywood that was well produced, carefully directed and based on real elements of truth, then iId watch it after seeing some reviews. Otherwise, I avoid indian at all costs.

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Oh dear, that doesn't sound nice.  You tried any natural approaches? changing luminosity, reading lights, breathing, yoga, pranayama, diet, looking for triggers, making note of patterns etc.?

Its not nice veer ji. I have to use painkillers when the headaces migraines sinus pain start. I usually use ibuprofen 400mg in the starts the pain then i untill a hour or 2 depending on level of pain i then take co codomal for it or if its a migraine i use migreleve pills for it.

So far the dr only gave me painkillers rather than proper treatment medication for the problems.

So their days when i have to miss paaths banis due to this.

But i have made adjustments as i printed out the regular banis that i read alongside nitnem panj banis and other banis to my eyes suitable reading font size as the english roman is the script i use plus the gutka i have at home is really small to read the words so i used to use my phone and tablet in the starting phase.

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

No, I avoid watching indian dramas or movies.  I find the plots tainting and contaminating for my conscious mind.  They come across with crafty nindiya chugleee scenarios. I feel elements of psycho-deceptive schemes in play. i.e. how characters toy with others emotions like nau-sass scenarios or agenda based jealousy traits.    It may just be me, but I feel they plant negative subconscious seeds in me.    I pick and choose very carefully if I were to watch an indian and the only one I've watched in last 2 years was "Dangal" . I'd read some reviews after a black guy at my gym told me - Amir Khan gained 60 lbs for movie and then lost it in a perfectly timed manner with a difficult regimen.   My hero, De Niro had gained the same weight for Raging Bull movie. Dangal was different and not the typical Bollywood churn out that are made within a month or so .  If there were another Bollywood that was well produced, carefully directed and based on real elements of truth, then iId watch it after seeing some reviews. Otherwise, I avoid indian at all costs.

You are correct veer ji hindi movies and serials are not good especially if you want to do simran paath banis etc.

I have stopped watching all new english and hindi movies since so many years now as i noticed they all are the same.

Plus i have noticed that any type of song in a movie when heard polliutes the mind thoughts when trying to do paath banis simran as i found it really hard to do Rehras Sahib as i had just seen a really funny video on whatsapp that made me laugh a lot before doing paath at the time.

All hindi english movies serials are based on just 2 things which is lust and anger

But yes Raging bull was a very good movie along with taxi driver and many of his other movies as well like once upon a time in america, deer hunter, godfather part 2 etc.

You like al pacino ? Its been so long that i have talked about movies or actors since i have been doing paaths banis that i have forgotten about movies unlike before when i used to watch a lot of movies.

There is a saakhi i can share if you want about the bad side effects of television from Sant Harnam Singh Ji's jeevani on a simran abyashi. Since reading it effected me the moral of it. Let me know if you want read or hear it as i did post on this site.

18 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Avoid these at all costs, like I said earlier.   It's amazing how many bibian in my own family would be up and about in time for their tv drama show but would give nitnem a lower priority. I stayed with one auntie here in Queens and couldn't help disappointment when I noticed her rushing through nitnem to finish in time for tv drama. 

I will try to veer ji avoid movies serials both english and hindi. As i used to watch eastenders eveyday on tv but since giving that up for about 6 years i will happy as it was a waste of energy and time.

Luckly at my home we don't have any sky tv channels like star,sony,zee for serials movies so i have got just a empty sky box with just sikh media channels which are not that gurmat related at all so i avoid that as well as it doesn't have anything interesting.

I also know one aunty ji who watches serials from 6pm to 11pm but they are really addicative is what i have heard as i have been introduced to the hindi tv serials due to no access etc.

Also my mama ji (really religious) who has got Guru Sahib Ji's Saroop at his home used to watch many zee serials and use to avoid the phone as it was his serial time lol.

But i also find movies boring if i watch one after a bit of time or after doing paath i like them but without it effecting me and just taking in the good bits.

18 hours ago, DeNiro said:

My view is slightly different. I don't  feel English movies affecting me too negatively. 'I'm okay watching them but I'm very selective and choosy with what to watch. Love to watch anything based on true story. Probably sit through a couple a week, but I'm able to switch off and move attention to nitnem or bhagti after 15-20 minutes and a hot drink. 

Veer ji english movies are not suitable to watch infront of family parents even eastenders i would feel uncomfortable with watching it around family as we used to watch before but i stopped just my dad who watches it now.

True i usually am vert picky with a english movie as recently watched the omen 1970s which was very good as i had it on blu ray. 

But i do like violent movies as well cos they help show the true nature of a human like taxi driver and i also started to watch natural born killers which i have got half to watch.

I have noticed that i am not that into movies as i was when i was 18 with names of titles actors etc but that was a quite a long time ago.

Nowdays since increasing banis paaths i have forgot so much about the movies i used to like back than as nightmare on elm street, scarface, a clockwork orange etc.

But i do suppose it works differently for different people movies and how it effects the mind.

I remember once watching a usa serial episode and next thing i felt drained out from it that i had missed my banis paath and this was during the early stages a few years ago.