Piercing

Apologies. I take my words back.

you could have just used the edit button.

anyhows, i want open a percing joint, so if any1 wants percings come to, i bought a new drill and got a hole punch. :D

Only reason why i would not get a percing is that if u ever encounter a situation in which you are not prepared (i.e a fight) people can just rip ur ear-rings etc out. one of my mates pulled a Goth's nose ring out.... not pleasent.

In fact if we think of the darbar sahib as what it is, a royal court, we should make an effort to dress nicely when going to the darbar sahib. Girls have no problem in honouring that but the men are a disaster, I mean most guys just wear the clothes they were wearing at the office! Come on guys, a nice kurta pajama, dastars in a colour other than black, a nice shawl is that so difficult????? We are courtiers of Maharaj's court after all so why not dress like one! :wink:

Gur Fateh!

On the point about Darbar, this is an important aspect, Sardar Kapur Singh mentions it extensively in his 'parasaraprashna' with the decorum required...

...as per the dressing up, sure a nice Kurta-Pajama/Shawl would be nice for guys, but I don't have an issue with Black dastaars or even folks coming in wearing 3 piece suits -most oldies from East Africa and those from the Military days are the best, these Sardar Jis, really do make the effort, nice turbans, groomed beards (whether open or tied) , suited and booted...really look like they are entering a court -shame that the generations that have followed have lost it...

...what we have is either wearing scruffy work clothes or in the case of the youth, it's amazing, the uniform is effectively the blue/black dhumala, tight t-shirt, track-suit bottoms, massive karas accompanied by a group of similar looking young men telling each other how "gangsta" they look!!!

I really don't understand the need to act like downtown ghetto-based black men? What's with this macho rude-boy image problem??? And moreover, why do you want to look like a "gangsta" in Maharaj's Darbar anyway???

Forgive any harsh comments...

GUR BAR AKAAAAAALLL!

Guest Javanmard

Forgive any harsh comments...
ego te absolvo ab omnibus pecatis tuis.

you're right!!!!

We should strive to achieve the same culture as Guru Gobind SIngh and not try to pull Sikhi at the level of some ghetto culture be it here or in Panjab.