Piercing

ok I SEARCHED THIS TOPIC, found nothing....

AND THIS IS MY QUESTION, not my statement of life....

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO ASK, so please DON't HARASS ME!

what do you PEOPLE think of peircings and tatoos??

i mean i hear a lot of people thinking of getting khanda tattooos.... isn't that wrong?? (i said Isn't it??, as in am i right, or wrong, not that i SAID IT IS WRONG OR RIGHT!)

and about peircings?? what about them?? is it wrong to have?? i mean some might say just earrings are ok, and everything else wrong, but then whats the diff from a belly or nose ring?

ok this is my question, again don't shoot me!!!

and may i add as well this is a DISSCUSSION board and also that this is sikh awarness... briging awarness to sikh youth worldwide... so MAKE ME AWARE, not SCARED about asking questionsssss!! (like some people on this board who seem to be AFTER ME!!!)

one love, and keep on smiling :)

Guest kaur1699

ok this is my question, again don't shoot me!!!

and may i add as well this is a DISSCUSSION board and also that this is sikh awarness... briging awarness to sikh youth worldwide... so MAKE ME AWARE, not SCARED about asking questionsssss!! (like some people on this board who seem to be AFTER ME!!!!

Fateh Ji,

Hey, no one is going to shoot you so ask whatever you feel like asking (psst, who is after you?! :shock: )

Ok, in reference to the question you have asked, at a camp many years ago we were told that piercing's are not 'allowed' because when you get a piercing, you are changing the body that God has given you. One of the statements that the Uncle Ji giving the talk actually made was'

"If God wanted you to have piercing's, you would have been born with them"

I believe the same goes for tattoo's aswell.

Hope that helps... :)

earings and nose peircings are actually signs of slavery... "masters" used to put rings thru peoples ears and noses so they could control them if they became a bit violent, same way as u put a nath thru a bulls nose

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

I seem to remember seeing pictures of Nihangs and Sikh soldiers from 18th, 19th century maybe who had ear rings.

I dont see why piercings are something which are against Sikhism. (No, i dont have any myself).

Its hardly mutilation or something which causes direct harm to other people.

I think these people who are telling you that "this is against Sikhism" and "that is against Sikhism" should convert to Islam if they want to belong to a religion which has mind-boggling and foolish rules and regulations.

People like this are missing the whole point that Sikhism is a religion, not some stupid rule book.

Guest Javanmard

Piercing ears is actually forbidden because it is the characteristic sign of the Kanpathi Gorakhpanthi sadhus. There are earings that you can wear without having your ears pierced and its true that it was probably those that were worn by SIkh men. Actually very lovely.

whats the intention behind the action?

would gurujis wife get a piercing or a tattoo?

i wouldnt class piercings and tattoos just as bad as removing hair. there are plenty of messed up paintings, dont trust everything you see.

Piercing meanz making the live tissue in your body dead... so that they never retain their livliness back... that iz equivalent to cutting your hair... coz they too are not a dead tissue unlike our nailz...

ssa

1stly men and women are supose to be equal. why can women wear earing and not men?. i was askin my granddad about this and he said it dosnt say nothing at all anywhere bout people wearing earings.

and i remember seeing people from punjab with tatoos of the ek on kar symbol on there hands. we've all seen them havent we so are tatoos wrong?

and bout the kanda tatoos i think this is more like a fashion item! there is no actual respect for the kanda.

hope this aint offended any1.

lol my badddddd, sorry, shud say "beauty spots"

anywayz one of my friends got this CRAZZZZY peircing on their ear it like a big metal stick going through it.. i dunno have u guyz seen it?? some people peirce EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

1st of all when you get a tattooo they remove your hair over that area....(yes even if you cnt see it!) to stop any chance of infection....

and secondly....

someone mentioned the ik onkar tattoos on the back of hands...

i cant think of a greater beyadhbi of bani....

just think of what ppl do with that same hand!! i.e cleanin ur ass...

is that how much respect some peopl have?

"cleaning your ass" as you called it is natural, don't you agree? just like the argument is to be that we should be in our natural state or whatever along those lines..

i'm not saying i'm for tattoos or piercings....but i don't think that argument holds any bearing.

as far as my stance on this issue.... i hate piercings personally...especiallllly non-ear ones...i dunno..it sounds stupid...but i HATE non-ear piercings..

puncturing holes in the bodies that shaheeds died, some of which who died cuzz people punctured holes in THEM...

• 4 weeks later...

ok I SEARCHED THIS TOPIC, found nothing....

AND THIS IS MY QUESTION, not my statement of life....

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO ASK, so please DON't HARASS ME!

)

People usually harass, so you have to say that before you post ! It happens all the time on discusson forums ... :LOL::LOL:

yeah the reason taht happens usually in discussion forums is because people are too weak and scared to say stuff to your face, or that they are millions of miles away to say it, in the first place... but harassing is something else and that harrassment is usually due to someone being overly addicted to the object (the internet) and seem to have no goals in their lives but to insult others, i might seem like a sensitive person, but at that time i was furious that people were out to get me for my opinion, where is the equality? well equality is the freedome of speech and thats what i have to say, no harrassing should take place. One should accept one idea and share their opinion, then again thats what i think, and i don't inforce it, and i think sikhi promotes this idea, we don't inforce our religion on anyone else, so why should we inforce ways of interpretation and opinion, i think people should just think, and this is not about FEELINGS this is about respect, and if u give respect, you will recieve respect....

that was what i meant by harrassment and that lil statement a while back, it was just the time when people were out to get me instead of excepting the truth that there are other opinions out there....

one

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't piercing and tatooing a sign of vanity? As a GurSikh are we not supposed to move away from Egoistic things, one of which is vanity?

One only pierces their ears or body to look more 'beautiful'. Once you get your ears pierced, you will buy ear rings that you can show off to the world. You will seek compliments

If you have a tatoo, you are bound to want to show it off. Again you will seek compliments from the world.

These in turn will boost your Ego.

In simple terms. If we spend less time admiring ourselves in the mirror we have more time to do read Gurbani or do Gursewa.

Guest Javanmard

In simple terms. If we spend less time admiring ourselves in the mirror we have more time to do read Gurbani or do Gursewa

If you don't love yourself and the beauty God gave you how can you love your Creator?

Guest Javanmard

I agree with your quote. So what you're saying is that if if you really love the beauty the Akal Purakh's given to you, then you one should dress it up with piercings and tatoos.

It's not that one should but one can do it. Tatoos and piercings, if done properly can create an emphatic effect which can be very nice actually. Tatoos and piercings have got an erotic dimension in most cultures but also a very sacred dimension as well. Your skin becomes paper on which sacred symbols or texts are written... You're like a living sacred text in some way :wink:

One thing is sure if Akal Purakh gave you a body and beauty you should insult your Creator with the whole "the exterior is not important" stories.

If Akal Purakh gave it to you treasure just don't make an obsession-idol of it, that's it!

In fact if we think of the darbar sahib as what it is, a royal court, we should make an effort to dress nicely when going to the darbar sahib. Girls have no problem in honouring that but the men are a disaster, I mean most guys just wear the clothes they were wearing at the office! Come on guys, a nice kurta pajama, dastars in a colour other than black, a nice shawl is that so difficult????? We are courtiers of Maharaj's court after all so why not dress like one! :wink: