10 hours ago, Palwinder Singh said:

The AkalProject Is Launching

The Akal Project is a pioneeering high-tech project to protect the integrity of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib. The Akal Project is entirely crowd-funded. It uses advanced mathematical algorithms to detect malicious tampering with the text. see https://akalproject.com

Absolutely fantastic bro. Love the site design. Love the concept. We clearly need this for the survival of the Paanth, protection of Gurbani is apex priority. And I can already see a lot of transparency features built in, with how you intend to document the contributions and expenses. Really fine work friend. 

On 3/17/2022 at 3:08 PM, Palwinder Singh said:

The AkalProject Is Launching

The Akal Project is a pioneeering high-tech project to protect the integrity of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib. The Akal Project is entirely crowd-funded. It uses advanced mathematical algorithms to detect malicious tampering with the text. see https://akalproject.com

Would there be different applications to both Larivaar and non Larivaar versions of Guru Granth Sahib Ji? Will this include applications to Sarbloh Granth and Dasam Granth as well as Varaan Bhai Gurdas Ji and Ithias?

Thank you for the heads up.

I finally grew sick and tired of the SGGS being desecrated and the installed Jathedar of the Akal Takht nothing about it.

The SHA-256 algorithm does not depend upon whether the underlying text is larivaar or non-larivar, it can handle both cases. The critical point is that we must have a canonical version of the SGGS at hand to digitize. A canonical version is a version those authenticity cannot be disputed. My knowledge of the authenticity of the SGGS is not that great, but I understand that there are two canonical copies that differ from one another in respect of one word only - The word khalis was changed to Khalsa. This is the version recited by the Lord Of The Falcons. My recounting may be wrong.

If cannot get access to a canonical version then we will have to use a near-canonical version. But in all cases the history of the version used must satisfy historical proof.

If the project can gain momentum, the idea is to use the infrastructure to preserve the authenticity off other valuable documents such as the Hukumnamas of Guru Gobind Singh.