fundraising

jsb

fateh!

nothing to do with sikhi whatsoever.

i'm part of student government at school, and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how we could fundraise or what things that your high school does, events wise...

the student government also has an african child that we sponsor, and we need creative ways to fundraise for him this year. in previous years, simply going from class to class hasn't been very successful. we would like to find a good way to fundraise for that and for any other events.

so to sum up.... what events has your student's council put up in recent years? do you have any funky ways to fundraise? and how could we fundraise to attract my greedy area to give money for our child in africa?

lol hmmm ..

lets see if i can get my high school thinking caps...shyt man....

i know we did like a magazine drive once...

ohhh i don't know but there is this really good one ..for like christmas time of the year...

$$ of it...

lol...sell your school sweatshirts,tshirts,mugs n stuff ....for like school athletics...good money off that ...all that school spirit stuff is worth it...

hmmmm wot else did we do ...

lol car washes always work the best !! :P ...

hmmmmm bake sales? lol

hmmm ohhhh and ...those like $5 ..2 for 1 cards...

they pretty tyte...like u get business to offer deals n shyt ..like buy one get one free typa thing...and you huk it up wid dis company in seattle..and its like hella profit of dat too...

hmmmm oh on and this may be lil far away - but on valentines...you take like orders from students for flowers n crap ..and you deliver them school wide...its not like boquet typa shit..but like a rose ...

hmmm the last one don't you guys have like school dances and stuff?? ...always gud $$ dere....

lol ill try to cum up wid sum more..

was always fun being da prezzzz 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

desikuddi:

hi..yeah.... whoa...can you say that in english this time hahaha.....

i'm intierested in that seattle one... i don't know what you mean.. what is it.. i think you said something like this:

"you do this thing, and then after getting the stuff, then you go and do it, and then hook it up with some company in seattle.. loads of profit.."

something like that

haha jus tell me what you mean.

Amardeepz idea being the most appropriate and Noble one...

The other thing that We can do is tie up your favourite and upcoming Punjabi Singer and ask him/her to perform for you in a Publically arranged gathering. We did it in our school like this and it was not only gr8 fun but we also raised a seizable bounty to help our casue...

The motivation for the singer would be his/her free promotion and goodwill...

Humbly

Ideal this is Canada, not India :oops::oops::oops::oops:

And I thought Canada was extenstion of Punjab basically and you say there ain't any decent talented singer to support the cause? :roll:

We can involve everybody to look out for such an upcoming singer... :) Well therez another approach to the idea... :idea:

We can hire an African "Mumbo Jambo" Singer to sing a African Sfarai (like huhaa hu haa haa :LOL:) or Rap(Mr. lova lova lova)...

BTW I have heard that Steel Bangle had some planz to launch a music album himself... Why not send him a free ticket to Canada... :wink: and let him perform... :D

I think you should stick to Amardeep ji's suggestion..should work...! :idea:

It will definatly work. Lets say 0 people stand up, and then someone is definatly gonna take pity on u and come forward :wink: .

Lets say quite a few people give u money, the common thing about Gurdwara is Rivalry so just to show the other person down, uncle ji and aunti ji are gonna give u more money than the next person.

So its a win win situation, however u need a lot of courage to do it.

Hahahaahah...

First of all Ideal hiring an artist isn't even an ideal fundraising ..Perhaps you could do a senior citizen ball or something...

So, basically that isn't even going to happen this whole artist thing.

Second of all,

Steel Bangle isn't going to produce an album

PMC(Punjabi MC) [i Think its PMC who is going to do it] is producing a track called Steel Bangle.

And To Amardeep Singh - Your suggestion is the greatest of all :P:P - lol as it is the one who is deffy going to get a turn out...JSB lives in Ottawa, I don't think the Sikh population is much high , or is it there? Thats one problem, and then your actually asking for donations instead of fund raising.

It will definatly work. Lets say 0 people stand up, and then someone is definatly gonna take pity on u and come forward :wink: .

Lets say quite a few people give u money, the common thing about Gurdwara is Rivalry so just to show the other person down, uncle ji and aunti ji are gonna give u more money than the next person.

So its a win win situation, however u need a lot of courage to do it.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Sabh Maya Jaal Hae !!!

And To Amardeep Singh - Your suggestion is the greatest of all :P:P - lol as it is the one who is deffy going to get a turn out...JSB lives in Ottawa, I don't think the Sikh population is much high , or is it there? Thats one problem, and then your actually asking for donations instead of fund raising.

ooh, thats a good point, never thought of it that way. Ah well you still got two options, once u are infront of the sangat u can either Do kirtan and before starting kirtan tell the sangat that the money will be going to blah blah cause OR u can do the

Monkey dance :wink: either way, u still in for a lot of money.... :arrow:

monks.gif