Ik Onkar Satigur Prasaadi - Jaap

I was wondering if there is any gyan behind this manglacharan/mantra?

I know for those who practice western Kundalini Yoga they see this mantra as a mantra to remove negative vibration and to create positive vibration. 

https://www.asanaguru.yoga/blog/kundalini-yoga-meditation

What other gyan is their behind this mantra, and what about reciting it?

On 7/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, Inderpal1994 said:

I was wondering if there is any gyan behind this manglacharan/mantra?

I know for those who practice western Kundalini Yoga they see this mantra as a mantra to remove negative vibration and to create positive vibration. 

https://www.asanaguru.yoga/blog/kundalini-yoga-meditation

What other gyan is their behind this mantra, and what about reciting it?

I'd not look for Gyan there in that group, but in Gurbani and Gurmat regarding the Mantra itself or ask a Paanthic Brahmgyani. 

9 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I'd not look for Gyan there in that group, but in Gurbani and Gurmat regarding the Mantra itself or ask a Paanthic Brahmgyani. 

Yes, hence that's what I'm asking. I don't try to limit myself of such knowledge. Though this is the reason why I said "western kundalini yoga". It's not the traditional type as practiced by yogis in India.

1 hour ago, Inderpal1994 said:

Yes, hence that's what I'm asking. I don't try to limit myself of such knowledge. Though this is the reason why I said "western kundalini yoga". It's not the traditional type as practiced by yogis in India.

So it's not traditional Yoga. It's not traditional Gurmat. But you think they know something you can't learn from somewhere legitimate? Even though their founding member is suspect to put it nicely? They're politics not Paanthic. They're contribution to the Paanth nothing?

It's like asking a Mormon about the Torah. Why?

Who cares what a cult's concept of our Mantar is?

And what can they tell you that you can't find out simply doing said Mantar? If it's powered by Hukam or ressonant natural frequencies either way it's wide open without input. 

Japanese Yoga is more authentic than even indian, because they preserved it as it came to them, What you really trying to do or figure out?

Doing Gurbani, Shastar Vidya of whatever kind while Jaaping Naam or Mantar, is real Yoga. 

And if you want to know about innate sound attributes study Gurmat or Kotodama. 

Need I go on. Dude is referencing mars like every other white imperial who replaces real Dharam and Religion with the babylonian/viking/greek/roman hellenizing pantheon. 

Excerpt from a lecture on November 15, 1975 by Siri Singh Sahib, Yogi Bhajan

Now when we want to get rid of negativity and witchcraft, or somebody overtakes you and your psyche, and you don’t want him to overtake, then they call it, Mangala Charan. Mangala Charan is the power of the Mars. Mars is a lord of the war. Mangala Charan is that when you create the universal cosmic warrior around you to defend you, all sides of you, so it is Mangala Charan.

Not Akal Purakh, not Guru Sahiban, not Shaheed Singhs....mars. 

That's why they didn't come to our aid. They're the enemy. 

They don't even use the same Manglacharan. The bolded part looks especially off to me but maybe that's my ignorance. 

Mangala Charan is like this: Aad Guray Nameh, Jugad Guray Nameh, Sat Guray Nameh, Siri Guru Devay Nameh, that’s all, and this is chanted like this; Aad Guray Nameh, Jugad Guray Nameh, Sat Guray Nameh, Siri Guru Devay Nameh. It makes a box around you and then go anywhere. No, mentally, mentally and whenever you chant, you say Aad Guray Nameh, Jugad Guray Nameh, Sat Guray Nameh, Siri Guru Devay Nameh and then get on to anything. It is just like wearing a kavach* around you. It’s an astral kavach*. You understand the kavach?*… you go by the left side…. you go by left side, you go by the back, you come to the right, you come in the front. Siri Guru Devay Nameh, comes in the front. That transparent God, in power of divine shall now be there to protect. Siri Guru Devay Nameh.

And mars is the protector...the pagan god of war ..and Sri Guru Devay Nameh os the protector so...mars is Sri Guru Devay Nameh?

15 minutes ago, Inderpal1994 said:

Ok, I'm not gonna get lost in this. My question is simple. But, let me word this like so.

What gyan is there behind "Ik Oankar Satigur Parsaad"?

Can this be recited as a Jaap, if so, what virtues does it provide. It is simple as that.

I better understand where you're coming from now bro. My apologies. And un fortunately I'm now equally curious and without the answer. Good question and thanks for bringing several new things to my awareness. 

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Khanda (double edged sword) of Guru Gobind Singh Ji - the engraved inscription on it says - "Ek Onkar Sat Gur Prasad Deg Teg Fateh" with its Sanskrit version alongside it. (Courtesy Moti Bagh Palace, Patiala.)

Khanda.jpg.5e9712531fe994b8738c71eea0c3cd18.jpg

This is literally awesome. I love this "Ik Oankar Satgur Parsaad Degh Tegh Fateh"...I know Sri Maan Baba Deep Singh Ji had mool mantra on his armour.

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I better understand where you're coming from now bro. My apologies. And un fortunately I'm now equally curious and without the answer. Good question and thanks for bringing several new things to my awareness. 

It's ok. I think though we should keep an open mind to such discussions whether we agree with others or not. Hence why I mentioned them in my first post of this thread.