Suella Braverman

Premi

@dalsingh101

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suella_Braverman

Braverman was born to Christie and Uma Fernandes (née Mootien-Pillay),[5] both of Indian origin,[6][7] who emigrated to Britain in the 1960s from Kenya and Mauritiusrespectively. Her mother was a nurse and a councillor in Brent[7] and her father, of Goanancestry,[8] worked for a housing association.[9] Her mother was born into a Hindu Tamil Mauritian family. Braverman is the niece of Mahen Kundasamy, former Mauritian High Commissioner to London.[5][10]

Political right

Braverman stands on the right wing of the Conservative Party, is a committed supporter of Brexit, supports the withdrawal of the UK from the European Convention on Human Rights and supports sending cross-Channel migrants to Rwanda. She has said, "If I get trolled and I provoke a bad response on Twitter I know I'm doing the right thing. Twitter is a sewer of left-wing bile. The extreme left pile on is often a consequence of sound conservative values."[62]

British Empire

Braverman has described herself as a "child of the British Empire". Her parents, who were from Mauritius and Kenya, came to the UK "with an admiration and gratitude for what Britain did for Mauritius and Kenya, and India". She believes that on the whole, "the British Empire was a force for good".[62]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-62807062.amp

She ran in the Tory leadership contest

She pledged to cut taxes and stand up to "woke rubbish" but was voted out in the second round.

Dividing line
Red header line

She is a Buddhist

When she became an MP she took her oath of office on the book of Buddhist scripture Dhammapada.

• 1 month later...

She's resgined!

Suella Braverman resigns as Home Secretary with withering attack on Liz  Truss

https://news.sky.com/story/suella-braverman-resigns-as-home-secretary-after-sharing-secure-information-from-private-email-and-takes-aim-at-liz-truss-in-departure-12724671

Suella Braverman resigns as home secretary after sharing secure information from private email - and takes aim at Liz Truss in departure

Suella Braverman emphasised in her letter to Liz Truss that "resignation is the right thing to do" when "a mistake" is made. Earlier today, the PM made a public apology to MPs in her first Commons appearance since her economic plan was ditched by new Chancellor Jeremy Hunt on Monday.

skynews-sophie-morris-politics_5396898.j
Sophie Morris

Political reporter @itssophiemorris

Thursday 20 October 2022 00:03, UK

Suella Braverman has resigned from Liz Truss's government after sending an official document from her personal email - and has taken aim at the prime minister as she departed the Home Office.

In her resignation letter sent to the PM on Wednesday, the now former home secretary acknowledged she had breached government security rules, stating: "I have made a mistake; I accept responsibility; I resign."

The former Conservative leadership candidate also expressed "concerns about the direction of this government".

"Not only have we broken key pledges that were promised to our voters, but I have had serious concerns about this government's commitment to honouring manifesto commitments, such as reducing overall migration numbers and stopping illegal migration, particularly the dangerous small boats crossings," Ms Braverman wrote.