My latest Novel Haul ( Dread)

15 hours ago, ਰੂਪ ਢਿੱਲੋਂ said:

I honestly don't know. You will have to email them

You need a quality agent friend. You clearly have the love and talent for this but need a business shepherd. 

Edit: Oh it's singhbrothers.com hold up. Lemme see. 

Okay. Website could use some mild work but overall I see why you chose this venue. 

On a sidenote .. you ever consider some sort of...over under writing style that would allow you publish in punjabi and english or a synthesis seemlessly for readers of both languages trying to learn the other?

On 4/27/2023 at 9:04 AM, ਰੂਪ ਢਿੱਲੋਂ said:

I honestly don't know. You will have to email them

This site is poorly done friend. Sorting, searching it is difficult. You aren't listed as an author by whoever is dropping doritos crumbs and can't program.  Nobody could find your works on here if they tried. 

Sorry bro and SinghBrothers but I can't lie. This site needs to be redone to function. 

In fact bro. You should self publish and just charge more per copy. Charge them whatever amazon or another publisher charges you and add your royalty on top and call it good. 

And generate sales through social media, forums, and a website. Sell books at live readings. 

Network with some other groups and events like open mic nights etc. Sell and advertise at Gurudware and events. 

With that over under method you could be selling many more copies. 

Even go viral digitally. 

Maybe do readings on YouTube? Bro there's a million poor kids willing to listen for free. That's thousands of ad dollars for you. 

Maybe two versions. One. Just read as you wrote it. And two one where you pause and give english synopsis and teach small parts of punjabi grammar and vocab then continue. 

The learn punjabi videos would take wayyyy longer, wayyyyy more videos to complete. Each one of those that hits good views is thousands. If you had say 80 videos for a book, and they each made thousands?

And the easier to make readings? How many poor punjabis gonna eat those all up? At say 20 or 40 volumes or more? Fake numbers just sayin, and they each get good views?

How much is that per book? 

3000 x 120? $360,000? Did I math right? 

Lets say you did ten books over the course of five years? 

Uhh 3.6 million dollars bro. At 120 videos for 10 books. 

What? You're too humble for millions. Daswandh Daya bro. 

And as your videos soar in views you'll need ebooks and print ready for sale through amazon, google, apple. 

Your portfolio is brimming over friend. Start cashing out and popularizing it via better media usage. Get paid to get popular. 

On 4/28/2023 at 7:54 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Maybe do readings on YouTube? Bro there's a million poor kids willing to listen for free. That's thousands of ad dollars for you. 

Maybe two versions. One. Just read as you wrote it. And two one where you pause and give english synopsis and teach small parts of punjabi grammar and vocab then continue. 

The learn punjabi videos would take wayyyy longer, wayyyyy more videos to complete. Each one of those that hits good views is thousands. If you had say 80 videos for a book, and they each made thousands?

And the easier to make readings? How many poor punjabis gonna eat those all up? At say 20 or 40 volumes or more? Fake numbers just sayin, and they each get good views?

How much is that per book? 

3000 x 120? $360,000? Did I math right? 

Lets say you did ten books over the course of five years? 

Uhh 3.6 million dollars bro. At 120 videos for 10 books. 

What? You're too humble for millions. Daswandh Daya bro. 

And as your videos soar in views you'll need ebooks and print ready for sale through amazon, google, apple. 

Your portfolio is brimming over friend. Start cashing out and popularizing it via better media usage. Get paid to get popular. 

I wish it were that simple

I have tried to self publish in the west twice before. It failed

Mainly because of:-

1) Although western Punjabis love to listen to Daljit Dosanjh etc songs...they do not make the effort or have an interest in Punjabi language beyond entertainment. No one bothered buying a single book ( some of the folks above 50 years of age bought a handful of copies no more)

2) Linked to above, even those interested in Sikhi can now learn about it via English. look how we are using English on this website.

3) I bought ISBN numbers etc and then had to Pay Amazon etc monthly to put my books up. As no one was buying it was pointless. For example I put Sindbaad on with ISBN and even Waterstones website had to recognise it for that reason. However they and all the rest registered and advertised it as not available which is a lie. When I contacted them they said all books in the west come from recognised suppliers...and there is no one for Punjabi so it is always advertised as out of stock or not available

4) Whether you like  or not only suppliers are from Punjab and they CHARGE the author for writing it and the reader for READING it. So its a vanity press self publishing system anyhow. At least in India it gets to the public.  

By the way Singh Brothers are not the publsihers. It is Caliber and they have never updated their website as in India people do their buying via Whatapp or Facebook. That's why I gave just the name and number of the guy.

ਹੋਲ ਨਾਵਲ
ਮਦਾਨ ਬੁੱਕ ਸ਼ਾਪ, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਯੂਨੀਵਰਸਿਟੀ ਪਟਿਆਲਾ
ਗਰੇਸ਼ੀਅਸ ਬੁੱਕ ਸ਼ਾਪ, ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਯੂਨੀਵਰਸਿਟੀ, ਪਟਿਆਲਾ
ਐੱਸ. ਕੇ. ਬੁੱਕ ਸ਼ਾਪ, ਬੱਸ ਸਟੈਂਡ ਪਟਿਆਲਾ
ਪੰਜਾਬ ਬੁੱਕ ਸੈਂਟਰ, ਚੰਡੀਗੜ੍ਹ
ਸਿੰਘ ਬ੍ਦਰਜ ਬੁੱਕ ਸੈਂਟਰ, ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ
ਨਵਚੇਤਨ ਬੁੱਕ ਸੈਂਟਰ, ਬਰਨਾਲਾ
ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਭਗਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਬੁੱਕ ਸੈਂਟਰ, ਲੁਧਿਆਣਾ

13 hours ago, ਰੂਪ ਢਿੱਲੋਂ said:

I wish it were that simple

I have tried to self publish in the west twice before. It failed

Mainly because of:-

1) Although western Punjabis love to listen to Daljit Dosanjh etc songs...they do not make the effort or have an interest in Punjabi language beyond entertainment. No one bothered buying a single book ( some of the folks above 50 years of age bought a handful of copies no more)

2) Linked to above, even those interested in Sikhi can now learn about it via English. look how we are using English on this website.

3) I bought ISBN numbers etc and then had to Pay Amazon etc monthly to put my books up. As no one was buying it was pointless. For example I put Sindbaad on with ISBN and even Waterstones website had to recognise it for that reason. However they and all the rest registered and advertised it as not available which is a lie. When I contacted them they said all books in the west come from recognised suppliers...and there is no one for Punjabi so it is always advertised as out of stock or not available

4) Whether you like  or not only suppliers are from Punjab and they CHARGE the author for writing it and the reader for READING it. So its a vanity press self publishing system anyhow. At least in India it gets to the public.  

By the way Singh Brothers are not the publsihers. It is Caliber and they have never updated their website as in India people do their buying via Whatapp or Facebook. That's why I gave just the name and number of the guy.

ਹੋਲ ਨਾਵਲ
ਮਦਾਨ ਬੁੱਕ ਸ਼ਾਪ, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਯੂਨੀਵਰਸਿਟੀ ਪਟਿਆਲਾ
ਗਰੇਸ਼ੀਅਸ ਬੁੱਕ ਸ਼ਾਪ, ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਯੂਨੀਵਰਸਿਟੀ, ਪਟਿਆਲਾ
ਐੱਸ. ਕੇ. ਬੁੱਕ ਸ਼ਾਪ, ਬੱਸ ਸਟੈਂਡ ਪਟਿਆਲਾ
ਪੰਜਾਬ ਬੁੱਕ ਸੈਂਟਰ, ਚੰਡੀਗੜ੍ਹ
ਸਿੰਘ ਬ੍ਦਰਜ ਬੁੱਕ ਸੈਂਟਰ, ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ
ਨਵਚੇਤਨ ਬੁੱਕ ਸੈਂਟਰ, ਬਰਨਾਲਾ
ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਭਗਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਬੁੱਕ ਸੈਂਟਰ, ਲੁਧਿਆਣਾ

Man everything's a racket. I still think you're sleeping on the potential use of english and punjabi in an over under and fused format. And would love to see your works on screen. 

9 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Man everything's a racket. I still think you're sleeping on the potential use of english and punjabi in an over under and fused format. And would love to see your works on screen. 

If only...will require some UK Gurdwara or oragnisation to take that kind of interest