Taking Karra off for wrestling

WJKKWJKF

I recently joined wrestling and I kept my kara on for a few days. One of the coaches saw recently and told me to take it off. My parents will not allow me to wrestle if I need to take the kara off for practice. What should I do? Is it okay to take off for a bit if it is necessary and if not are there any alternatives? Thank you

1 hour ago, Sahib Singh said:

WJKKWJKF

I recently joined wrestling and I kept my kara on for a few days. One of the coaches saw recently and told me to take it off. My parents will not allow me to wrestle if I need to take the kara off for practice. What should I do? Is it okay to take off for a bit if it is necessary and if not are there any alternatives? Thank you

Wjkk wjkf veer ji first of all welcome to this great forum as this is your first post on here.

Taking off your kara is not a good idea especially if you have taken Amrit. I wonder if you can contact the Sikh Helpline in the Uk as i am sure they can help a lot in these cases. So let us know what country you are based in.

Also i am posting a katha link of Panj kakar by Sant Baba Kartar Singh Ji Bhindrawale

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2023 at 10:14 PM, Sahib Singh said:

WJKKWJKF

Put the Kara into your pocket (with a zipper), if possible. Can you put a thin small Kara inside the layers of your turban?

If no option is left, then do Ardas and take it off. Then, put it back on asap.

It is very important for young Sikhs to learn wrestling, boxing, martial arts, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf