Sikh told to leave his religion and convert!!!

11 hours ago, Sajjan_Thug said:

Waheguru Ji

What is the sangats opinion on this? Any more stories like this?

Thanks for posting this.

Longer video

Think need more context here - this was in 2002

(do not read below if just want to watch video) 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1986054.stm

Reporter 'well treated' in Pakistan jail
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1985000/images/_1988072_bassey300.jpg
Amardeep Bassey says he is in good health
A British reporter being held in a Pakistani jail amid allegations of spying has told his editor that he is being well treated.

Amardeep Bassey, the investigations editor of the Birmingham-based Sunday Mercury, also used two notes sent by e-mail to tell colleagues he was in good health, it was revealed on Tuesday night.

The messages were sent by a friend who had visited Mr Bassey in Landi Kotal prison near Peshawar in north-western Pakistan.

Trinity Mirror group, which owns the Mercury, has rubbished the allegations against the reporter and pledged to do all it can to free the 29-year-old, who is from Wolverhampton.

No exit stamp

The Mercury's editor, David Brookes, said the messages represented the first direct contact with Bassey since he was arrested on Friday on suspicion of spying while crossing the border from Afghanistan.

Bassey, who was named Regional Journalist of the Year in 2000, was held because his visa did not have an exit stamp.

In the first note he said: "As you are probably aware I am in Landi Kotal jail. I am fine and being treated well. Do not worry, I am fine and sorry for this inconvenience."

The second read: "Conditions are bearable because the people here in jail are good and looking after me. I am in good health.

"Sorry about all this you must be getting sick of me (joking). I just dread being the centre of attention when I return. You know how I hate the press!"

'Ludicrous accusation'

Mr Brookes added: "I'm appalled and shocked that Amardeep has been detained due to what appear to be minor passport discrepancies.

"He is a professional journalist doing a job of work, and the accusations against him are quite simply ludicrous."

A Trinity Mirror spokesman, who dismissed the spying allegations as nonsense, confirmed that Bassey had been travelling from Kabul to Pakistan when he was taken into custody.

A Foreign Office spokesman said it had requested information about the reporter's detention from authorities in Peshawar and was providing assistance to his next-of-kin.

'Serious trouble'

Mr Bassey's elder sister Rawinder Sekhon, 35, said: "When we first heard what had happened we couldn't quite believe it and, to be honest, didn't realise the seriousness of the matter.

"But gradually, as more and more news came in, we started to realise that he may be in serious trouble."

The National Union of Journalists called on the government to secure Mr Bassey's freedom, saying he could be in "serious danger".

NUJ general secretary Jeremy Dear said: "Amardeep could be in serious danger. Other journalists have got into trouble and even been killed in that area."