Question on suraj and panth parkash granths??

vaheguroojikakhalsavaheguroojikifateh,

I got 2 questions-

1. What is Suraj Parkash Granth?? whats its orgin and contents?

2 And what is panth Parkash granth ?? Whats its orgin and contents??

sowwie for my ignorance on this matter...

Thanks in advance...

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hee akaaaaaaaaaaaal....anand hee anand :D

vaheguroojikakhalsavaheguroojikifateh,

I got 2 questions-

1. What is Suraj Parkash Granth?? whats its orgin and contents?

2 And what is panth Parkash granth ?? Whats its orgin and contents??

sowwie for my ignorance on this matter...

Thanks in advance...

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hee akaaaaaaaaaaaal....anand hee anand :D

excuse my ignorance; but shoudnt these granths be referred to correctly? hence; the spelling mistake of PARKASH

Sat Sri Akal:

1) Suraj Parkash Granth aka. Gur Partap Suraj Granth - composition of Bhai Santokh Singh Sahib which dictates the oral history of the Sikhs. Bhai Santokh Singh was employed by a Sikh Raja as the Court Poet. The Raja instructed Bhai Santokh Singh to compose a volume of Sikh history as none existed.

2)Panth Parkash - composition of Giani Gian Singh about history of Sikhism Guru Gobind Singh and afterwards. This Granth is cited by Namdharis as the evidence of the Gurgaddi being transferred to Baba Balak Singh.

3)Guru Panth Parkash - a composition by Rattan Singh "Bhangoo".

1. 'Gur Pratap Sooraj', mostly know as 'Sooraj Prakash', is written by Bhai Santokh Singh. It narrates the history of Guru Angad Dev Ji to Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Ji.

Now, 'Gur Nanak Prakash' and Gur Pratap Sooraj' is being published as a single book, though in 14 volumes. It is being published by The Language Department, Punjab.

2. 'Pracheen Panth Prakash' is written by S. Ratan Singh Bhangu' and 'Panth Prakash' is written by Giyani Giyan Singh. They tells some history of Gurus. Mostly, they narrates the history of Sikh-misals.

-'Amrit'

Guest Javanmard

1. The Surak Prakash Granth is dedicated to the lives of the Sikh Gurus and is composed in Braj verse and contains exegetical passages of great importance.

2.The Panth Prakash, written in Braj verse, is a poetic history of the Sikh Panth from its origins to the annexation of Panjab. Its main sources were the Ratan Singh Bhangu’s Pracin Panth Parakas and Bute Shah’s Tavarikh-i-Panjab. Apart from being an important source for the period mentioned it contains a valuable part dedicated to the foundation and history of the major Sikh sampradayas including the Namdharis. The Panth Prakash is the first source mentioning the Namdharis and gives us an idea about how they were perceived during the second half of the 19th century. The work has also tremendous liturgical importance because of the dohiras repeated after the Sikh ardas starting with agya bhai akal ki