We Shud all worship Formless Naam

I dont kno if u noticed dis. Look at how many prophets hav come into dis world telling us all da time dat we must workship da formless, 1 God.

Even sum Sikhs worship prophets of both Hindus & Sikhs, sum usually do it in front of a picture and den dey tink dat Guru Nanak is The God and den dey re-introduce Idol worshipping, and just because Hindu Demi-Gods r mentioned in Sri Dasam Granth dey all start workshiping Hindu gods too. Our Gurus' hav used Hindu God names as if dey were da names of formless God Waheguru, as in God has soo many names but at the same time God is without name (Guru Nanak wasnt only talking bout da names dat we have on Earth. Guru Ji was also talking about other Earth like Planets too, where other beings worhship Waheguru). Waheguru is formless but has many manifestations. We are also a manifestation of Waheguru, we can find Waheguru in our soul, den whever we go, Waheguru will always be there for you. Take 1 step to Waheguru, den Waheguru will take a million towards you.

Our Gurus' hav instructed us 2 worship da formless Waheguru and not Guru Ji himself. If we all worhsip Guru Ji den wots da difference between Sikhi Dharma and Hindu Dharma. Y do we need another Dharma if u tink Hinduism is correct?

If u wanna c Guru Ji go 2 da Gurdwara were u can feel Guru Ji, dont go 2 his picture, Guru Jis joot isnt in da picture.

Guru Ji is a Demi-God. Guru Ji also said dat ne1 can get da same spritual level as Shiva, dis might include me or ne1 else on dis website, if dey try really hard by following Guru Jis teachings.

I also hate it wen in films or documentries, dey show Guru Ji's picture being used for Idol worhships, dey send our wrong messages bout Guru Jis Teachings e.g. Bend It Like Beckham also sum scences from Nanak Naam Jahaaz Hai, dont get me wrong i like these films. Nanak Naam Jahaaz Hai has been my fav for years.

My Muslim friend always says dat "O, i kno dis religous sikh family, and dey go 2 da Gurdwara @ 2-3am in da morning and dey got a picture of Guru Nanak wid flowers around it, wot dis family does is dey look at Guru Nanaks picture and start worshiping Guru Nanak".

If dis is going on den wots da difference between Sikhi Dharma and Hindu Dharma.

I luv my Gurus' sooo much and i kno dat without dem i would hav been lost in life, my life would hav been wasted away.

Pls tell me wot u tink, or can ne1 add ne ting wid a lines from Guru Granth Sahib, which may say dat am wrong, i need to kno because im not clever, im still a sikh, my knowledge is soo small but together we can all learn in a Sat Sangat.

Yes in bend like a beckham was pure idol worshipping but there is a fine line between idol worshippin of a picture and having the picture out of respect...

Like for example- I have 2 guroo maharaj saroop, 6 sant maharaj rara sahib saroop and 1 sant jarnail singh khalsa bhindranwale saroop in my room.

For a normal person with narrow minded thinking will probably assume that i do idol worshipping but thats not really the case.. Those saroops are their to remind me of them....guroo nanak sahib nirankar saroop and sant maharaj saroop is there to help me with naam simran so i can picture them in my mind while listening to kirtan, naam simran. For me it really helps...

So i think overall we can not really judge the shardalu's mind ..i meant how much shardha he has... bhagat dhanna for example found god from the stone (please correct me if i m wrong)...he comes in guroo maharaj bani as well :D :D

I hav Guru Nanaks picture 2, but i dont worship da picture or dem, but i luv and respect dem dearly.

I got these from SikhiToTheMax.

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 479

Aasaa, Kabeer Jee, 9 Panch-Padas, 5 Du-Tukas:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

You tear off the leaves, O gardener, but in each and every leaf, there is life.

That stone idol, for which you tear off those leaves - that stone idol is lifeless. ||1||

In this, you are mistaken, O gardener.

The True Guru is the Living Lord. ||1||Pause||

Brahma is in the leaves, Vishnu is in the branches, and Shiva is in the flowers.

When you break these three gods, whose service are you performing? ||2||

The sculptor carves the stone and fashions it into an idol, placing his feet upon its chest.

If this stone god was true, it would devour the sculptor for this! ||3||

Rice and beans, candies, cakes and cookies

- the priest enjoys these, while he puts ashes into the mouth of the idol. ||4||

The gardener is mistaken, and the world is mistaken, but I am not mistaken.

Says Kabeer, the Lord preserves me; the Lord, my King, has showered His Blessings upon me. ||5||1||14||

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Bihaagraa on Pannaa 556

First Mehl:

The Hindus have forgotten the Primal Lord; they are going the wrong way.

As Naarad instructed them, they are worshipping idols. They are blind and mute, the blindest of the blind.

The ignorant fools pick up stones and worship them.

But when those stones themselves sink, who will carry you across? ||2||

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Bilaaval on Pannaa 803

Raag Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl, Fourth House:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

The entire Universe is the form of the One Lord.

He Himself is the trade, and He Himself is the trader. ||1||

How rare is that one who is blessed with such spiritual wisdom.

Wherever I go, there I see Him. ||1||Pause||

He manifests many forms, while still unmanifest and absolute, and yet He has One Form.

He Himself is the water, and He Himself is the waves. ||2||

He Himself is the temple, and He Himself is selfless service.

He Himself is the worshipper, and He Himself is the idol. ||3||

He Himself is the Yoga; He Himself is the Way.

Nanak's God is forever liberated. ||4||1||6||

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Raag Prabhaatee on Pannaa 1349

Prabhaatee:

If the Lord Allah lives only in the mosque, then to whom does the rest of the world belong?

According to the Hindus, the Lord's Name abides in the idol, but there is no truth in either of these claims. ||1||

O Allah, O Raam, I live by Your Name.

Please show mercy to me, O Master. ||1||Pause||

The God of the Hindus lives in the southern lands, and the God of the Muslims lives in the west.

So search in your heart - look deep into your heart of hearts; this is the home and the place where God lives. ||2||

The Brahmins observe twenty-four fasts during the year, and the Muslims fast during the month of Ramadaan.

The Muslims set aside eleven months, and claim that the treasure is only in the one month. ||3||

What is the use of bathing at Orissa? Why do the Muslims bow their heads in the mosque?

If someone has deception in his heart, what good is it for him to utter prayers? And what good is it for him to go on pilgrimage to Mecca? ||4||

You fashioned all these men and women, Lord. All these are Your Forms.

Kabeer is the child of God, Allah, Raam. All the Gurus and prophets are mine. ||5||

Says Kabeer, listen, O men and women: seek the Sanctuary of the One.

Chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord, O mortals, and you shall surely be carried across. ||6||2||

N30 Singh dis is wot i found bout Bhagat Dhanna. SikhiToTheMax is good! :D

This Shabad is by Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 10

A brahman would worship gods (in the form of stone idols) where Dhanna used to graze his cow.

On seeing his worship, Dhanna asked the brahman what he was doing.

“Service to the Thakur (God) gives the desired fruit,†replied the brahman.

Dhanna requested, “O brahman, if you agree kindly give one to me.â€

The brahman rolled a stone, gave it to Dhanna and thus got rid of him.

Dhanna bathed the Thakur and offered him bread and buttermilk.

With folded hands and falling at the feet of the stone he begged for his service to be accepted.

Dhanna said, “I will also not eat because how can I be happy if you are annoyed.â€

(Seeing his true and loving devotion) God was forced to appear and eat his bread and buttermilk.

In fact, innocence like that of Dhanna makes the sight of the Lord available.

• 2 weeks later...

Guru Nanak i tink said once, "In every heart there is a true Religion". Wot i tink Guru Ji's trying to say is dat God is da tru path. Jus by looking inside us, we can find God.

Guru Nanak i tink even said, "Reciting Gods name is the best Religion".

Pls forgive me if im wrong.

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 296

One who chants this treasure in his mind

in every age, he attains salvation.

In it is the Glory of God, the Naam, the chanting of Gurbani.

The Simritees, the Shaastras and the Vedas speak of it.

The essence of all religion is the Lord's Name alone.

It abides in the minds of the devotees of God.

Millions of sins are erased, in the Company of the Holy.

By the Grace of the Saint, one escapes the Messenger of Death.

Those, who have such pre-ordained destiny on their foreheads,

O Nanak, enter the Sanctuary of the Saints. ||7||

• 3 weeks later...

Singh i think i got the wrong end of the stick in my understanding of Nirankaar - Tell me what you think - could you see it as

without a particular form ? rather than with no form?

Because if you say without form then thats like saying that God cant exist in most object because most objects have no form hunna ?

whereas with you say with no PARTICULAR form then God can exist but not exist in the same place and the same time -

you get me ?

I think i may be losing it here - please help!

Harpers

Wot i understand about Waheguru is dat Waheguru resides in all tings including objects and power currents, nowhere is without Waheguru. Ur looking into ur monitor right now tinking it might be life-less, maybe it is, but deep-deep inside it also resides Waheguru.

Waheguru is has many manifestestions.

I believe Waheguru is da void and da everyting. Wen everting is destoryed, Wahegurus Will will still provile.

Wen i do Naam Simran i try to picture dat name of God which is usually Waheguru for me.

I dunno maybe i am wrong.

Hmm Singh you got me thinking man !

In Jaap sahib it says many times 'aname' hai ! nriname hai!

To my understanding - that means god has no name ?

I suppose waheguru means different things to different people -

To me it means 'wow dispeller of darkness' !

But then again im dead so i wouldnt take my word for it !

A wise man once told me there is no name of god - look at Guru Gobinds Singhs Jaap Sahib - he then went on to say - Harpreet people say that a child is doing simran in the mothers womb right? i said yes

he then said - do you think he is japping waheguru ?

i said no- 'how could s/he possibly know of that mantra -

He then smiled

And that was that!

Thoughts please Rupz