religion

Neha

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

should u belive in other religions when ur sikh? meanin like jesus n stuff

No.

Respect all other religions, believe that people like Abraham, Jesus and Mohammed existed, but dont just accept that any of these were sent from God (Unless you believe it to be true).

If you believe that Jesus was the son of God, then really you should follow Christianity and not Sikhism.

All religions have there good points, but believing in more than one doesnt make sense since they all conflict/disagree with eachother in one way or another.

I hope you understand what i am saying.

There's interesting story about this in Biography of Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji.

=====

Chapter 63

Blessing of Holy glimpses of Christ, Mohammed Sahib and Bhrigu Rishi Ji

One day when Baba Ji was in deep concentration of highly elevated consciousness, the Great Christ, Mohammed Sahib(founder of muslim religion) and Bhrigu Rishi Ji (A well known hindu saint who is known for his Bhrigu Granth for future prophecies) gave their glimpses. They had spiritually radiant faces having auras around their heads. After blessing with their glimpses first of all Hazrat Mohammed Sahib uttered, "You are blessed and lucky person to whom the Great Guru Nanak Dev Ji has shown the direct easy and the best method to attain God in kalyug. But the followers of Great Guru Nanak Dev Ji are not deriving the full benefit out of it."

After sometime Bhrigu Ji said, "In our times, we had to under go very hard and rigorous methods. The whole age of man was spent in meditation and celebration but the attainment of God was too hard to achieve. But the true Nectar of Nam which the Great Guru Nanak Dev Ji has brought for his Sikhs, we could not get it. No doubt we had amassed great miraculous powers of every sort due to rigorous meditation and penance, including giving curse and blessing to some one, but we were deprived of Nectar of Nam."

The Great Christ uttered, short-cut words as, "It is my inner desire that my followers should adopt the path shown by the Great Guru." Saying these words the three souls disappeared.

should u belive in other religions when ur sikh? meanin like jesus n stuff

Believe them as a different perception of God. If you are a Sikh then walk on the path set before you. but, if you following Jesus make you are a more humble, more compassionate towards life and others, Brings you closer to godliness, then follow him, because it is the end result that matters, not what path you take.

As many Rays are there from the Sun; there are as many paths towards god.

im sikhi ...i was askin cause i go to a catholic skooo and sum brown ppl belive in jesus n stuff n go to church :?

Neha ji, Sikhism is relation of Guru and student. As far as you embrace your Guru and follow their teachings there is nothing wrong in saying Jesus was son of God. Also, can you ask all of your Christian friends if he was son of God then who we belong to? Aint we also son/daughters of God? now there can be one another discussion for this matter but for now I will just stick to this topic.:)

im sikhi ...i was askin cause i go to a catholic skooo and sum brown ppl belive in jesus n stuff n go to church :?

Believing and Following are 2 different things. I believe that Jesus existed and preached the Truth. I don't follow him as my Master. I read what he wrote inthe bible, altho i very much doubt and question of the authenticity of the bible. But i don't doubt Christ.

You don't have to be related to the doctor to get medicine. You can very much be cured by a Doctor who've you've never met before. But it is very important to hold on to ONE Religion that you can call your own and follow it to your best.

I was talking to my brother and he said he was going to meditate in some temple of some Mata ji, we were talking and I told him that Going to meditate in a temple is like eating outside, but don't forget to cook at home, in the long run, cooking at home will suit you better. Well i can only speak for my self, that I Love to eat roti and if i don't eat it for a while, i miss it. Well Meditating in a Temple for some other Guru is like eating outside, nothing is wrong in it, it might just make you realize how great is the home cooking and the value of it might increase and That sooner or later you'll have to come home and Eat roti meaning you'll have to come back to your Sikhi as your dominant meal.

For me it only makes me realize how Great were our Gurus to give us the Freedom of trying to understand other paths. They did not Tie us down to ONE Path. They opened our eyes to the world of paths, But they layed down a path that enables us to look at the beauty of others.

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

And what is wrong with so-called "brown people" going to Church and believing in Christ?