Awareness

Inspiration

Is it gurmat to worship pictures/idols???  

13 members have voted

1. 1.

• 3)Can't answer
    • 2)Yes it is
    • 1) No its not

:oops: I visited this forum today only and was keen to see the response and posts send by all the members... But i would like to draw a kind attention of all of u out there. My point is that on the top of this sites page there is a picture of 10 Gurus...

Ki esde rahi asi Idol worship promote nahi kar rahe???

Ki gurmat pictures te idols nu mandi hai???

Jithon tak menu gurmat ton samajh aya hai eh galat hai te nanak sahib vi es gal nu condemn karde san...

What u all think?? if its right...so why not request admn. group to remove it from the page....

A humble thought

I have a picture of my mother (late) in my little house. Does it mean I worship her picture?

there is a picture of so called 10 Gurus...

Who did tell you that it is a picture of the ten Gurus? If no one told you, how did you say that it is a picture of the ten Gurus? If you say it is the picture of the ten Gurus, it means you accept that it is the picture of our Gurus.

And why did you use the word 'so called' for '10 Gurus'?

I agree with Amrit Veer Ji. We keep pictures of our loved ones in our homes so they are a reminder for us, that's all, why the fuss?

We go to historical places like Gurudwara Sis Ganj and Gurudwara Bangla Sahib because they are symbols of the past, the place reminds us of the sacrifices of our Guru's. The pictures remind us of the Gurus also, what's so wrong about that? Can't we stop being so talibanistic otherwise no one will find Sikhi tolerant and simple to practise!

Not anything to do with the post directly, but felt important to say nevertheless. When i was kid i used to ask loads of questions whenever i saw a picture in the gurdwara Darbar, i never listen the gynai, he bored the hell out of me, instead i would bug dad to tell me the story of people in those pictures Eg bhai Mati das, Sati Das, when you see the pictures, as a kid you ask questions, only then do you get the hear the stories, other then that, no child will sit down and listen to story, you need to have pictures, esp in darbar sahibs and arounf the gurdwaras, it those pics that attract the kids. like i said, nothing much to do with the post.

Not anything to do with the post directly, but felt important to say nevertheless. When i was kid i used to ask loads of questions whenever i saw a picture in the gurdwara Darbar, i never listen the gynai, he bored the hell out of me, instead i would bug dad to tell me the story of people in those pictures Eg bhai Mati das, Sati Das, when you see the pictures, as a kid you ask questions, only then do you get the hear the stories, other then that, no child will sit down and listen to story, you need to have pictures, esp in darbar sahibs and arounf the gurdwaras, it those pics that attract the kids. like i said, nothing much to do with the post.

Crocodile !! very well said... :D ...this is an absolutely valid observation... children are curious and ask questions and pictures of gr8 personalities make them ask questions... childhood is the best time to impart knowledge...

I guess u all have misunderstood my stand...Deal all...I just wana emphasise on what guru sahib told us in SGGS...i.e. to live life according to gurbani.. i m not a phonetic...i just want that we learn gurbani to live on it...if u all dont wana share that point and just keep on worshioing the pictures then i cant say anything...but i still say these things lead to deh dhari gurta which is agianst SGGS...

A humble thought

I don't quite understand your post..

Do you not see the difference between worship and respect. And the pictures I have of the guru's are treated no differently than any other pictures/posters...I don't consider them holy, and I never will...so I don't understand when you say "if u all dont wana share that point and just keep on worshioing the pictures then i cant say anything"

Please elucidate for me.

I don't quite understand your post..

Do you not see the difference between worship and respect. And the pictures I have of the guru's are treated no differently than any other pictures/posters...I don't consider them holy, and I never will...so I don't understand when you say "if u all dont wana share that point and just keep on worshioing the pictures then i cant say anything"

Please elucidate for me.

I know ur point in itself is very valid...i dont worship them either...i just wanted to share this thought with people that we dont have to do idol worship...most of the people around us bow their heads in front of these pictures and respect them as god...don't u agree??? I have seen people doing all kind of rituals which are against gurmat with these pictures. so i started this issue so that we should all be aware of the fact that pictures are not god...god is invincible...he is niraakaar, endless, beyond limits, infinite. we can only realise him and live him.

I think i have made my point clear. its not to hurt anyones sentiments but its a truth.

A humble thought.