FAKE CULT GURUS

Harmless

Dear All, It seems that the Sikh community is vulneralbe to charlatans who pose as Gurus to mislead innocents. For example if I were to dress in saffon coloured cloak, wear a tilak on my forehead and look the part. I can then easily manipulate people, I can ever sell my own special miracle amrit and so forth. I can use the Sikh scriptures and incorporate verses off Gita, bit of Koran and mix bibical teachings within that. I can then devise my rules on marriages and birth. And hey presto! I have started a new religion and have mislead the Sikh.

Sikhs as a religious group in my opinion have become vulnerble to Cultish Gurus and (bhed chaad) What do u guys think?

• 2 months later...

Did u also know that there were people in India called NIrankaris, who call themselves Sikhs but believe in a human guru. Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale told the Sikhs to be aware of these people and we must, we must also be aware of peopel trying to convert Sikhs. Guru Nanak says that "My path is of love and Sacrifice" and it must stay that way. We must all be amritdhari and be part of God' army

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 2 months later...

Vaheguru je ka khalsa, Vaheguru je ke fateh!!

i agree sikh fauje

we need to have full faith in only guru granth sahib je as our guru

theres so many places where it says bani is guru

one thing we shud all check out is sant jarnail singh jes long speech on dedhari babas, where sant je talks about groups such as namdharis, radhaswamis, etc.

he says no matter how great a sant or sadhu someone is do not matha tek to them ever

everyone shud really listen

its at gurmatveechar.com under katha under sant jes name

its great

bhula chuka maf

namdharis??

ya how they changed ardaas to mention their babas right

i wish that they will get mukhti too

but their stuck in a cult

i cant remeber who they belive, baba raam singh i think

he was crazy

good singh

naamdharis was never a religon, started out as a peaceful movements against the british

but after baba je left, i dunt know wat happened

they belived him as guru

even though baba je has written from jail, in jail letters, that in this day our only guru can be sri guru granth sahib je

its like a wife and husband

in the daytime ure wife is so nice to u, but at night she runs off with some other man

we matha tek to guru je, but the second a sadhu comes we start matha teking to him

wat is that?

to keep us away from bani is wat will make us weak

without bani we are nothing

if we cant accept guru je, thenwat are we

we definley aint sikhs

bhula chuka maf

It's not the fact that others want to convert Sikhs that we should be aware of. It's the reason Sikhs are vulnerable to conversion that we should be aware of. It's their lack of faith. All of us in these forums tha take the time to discuss things and learn from each other should be actively doing what we can to enliven the Sikh Panth, starting with our communities.

It's this that will do more good than keepimg watch for who is trying to convert whom. Sikhs first need to finish their conversion to Sikhi.

akalbir

• 5 months later...

Sikhs are vulnerable?

if u believe in your faith - know and respect other faiths but still know where you stand how can you be vulnerable?

we had warnings passed out in our gurdwara last year about a man who was dressed as a sant who was converting people (they said by black magic) and we were warned that he would wipe out sikhism! - None of which happened (obviously) but what i saw was that the sikh community held together and didnt become vulnerable to this mans ways! - some did but not alot.

So maybe it depends on location?

and when you say sikh - do u mean actual sikhs/people trying to learn about their faith - or people who are born into sikh households? because i dont think anyone who has strong faith is easily mislead

just my opinion

we had warnings passed out in our gurdwara last year about a man who was dressed as a sant who was converting people (they said by black magic) and we were warned that he would wipe out sikhism!

just my opinion

did he leave a box of chocolates?

Its a shame...these Gurus do such things to earn money....and people these days are also blind cos of kaljug...people wont follow the Jaagdi jot

Sri Guru Granth Saheb but will follow...what a Dumb Idiot will tell them..who himself doesnt know what Sikhi is all abt...