rare pic of Guru Gobind Singh Jee

ummmm listen buddy, what other jatheband has built a school? or hositpal?

well, besides damdami taksaal.

they do promote gender equality, infact, there the only part of the panth that lets women be in their punj! (whether u think thats right or wrong, thats promoting gender equailty).

sikh cultural heritage? some would agree that wearing baana is protecting our culture and keeping tradition alive.

building schools

Well can't really hate on AKJ there, after all Khalsa School Surrey is pretty much what it is, due to contributions from members affiliated or associated with AKJ.

Heard of other gurmat schools in India also under AKJ's management or contribution, but then again thats neither here or there.

I've read somewhere that Guru Gobind Singh Jee lived like a king? And that is true. So, I think shining clothes can be part of his living style?

Please educate me as I have very limited knowledge on this matter.

..not to mention the sterotypical "graduation day - leaning on the fireplace" pose.

LOL!!! Yes, typical 'pendu' style.

Once there was a king and this king had a servant who extremely devoted but also extremely ignorant. He told his king: O Lord I will protect you against any creature that will come near you!

One day the king was sleeping. A bee landed on his nose. The servant drew his sword and killed the bee but he also killed the king he loved so much!

LOL!!! What a great and funny story!!!

ppl. it's a friggin painting! it's art! it's someone's interpretation of what they see in the Gurus! chill with the "it's not authentic" stuff with art already! the artist tried to make point on the nature of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. mebbe the bubble-gum-pink was a bad idea. but the intention was good!

I think both Sukhi and Shaka Nyorai have good points. Both are right and yet are wrong. The answer lies in the middle path, me thinks anyway.

Yes it's the intentions that matter but that does not mean we should live oblivion to our true history and surround ourselves with ignorance and not question it. What our Gurus wore is important to me for it is my history and I want to know the truth and not what Sobha Singh says.

I remember a picture of Guru Gobind Singh inside the Takht Sachkhand Sri Hazoor Sahib Ji. The old Mughal Style of painting. It is understandable that Guru Gobind Singh used to wore Mughal style of turbans. See the first picture posted by Shaka Nyorai Jee. Almost same style is used in the picture in Sri Hazoor Sahib Ji. And, I think this was the real style of turban of Guru Gobind Singh Jee.