i was reading So Dar Rehras the other day and noticed a line that mentioned something about 18 miracles. i was wondering if neone knows what these 18 miracles are.

and just because we're on the topic of miracles, could someone tell us what the nau nidhiya are as well?

I was wondering about the same thing in sodar rehras there is a tuk that says there are 9 sidhas and 18 super natural power that exist.

What are 9 naunida's and 18 super natural powers?

anyone help? :cry:

I do not know that much about these powers but i have an idea

nidhis :

there are 9 nidhis

they mainly deal with money, wealth, property and luxurious items.

ridhis:

1) enter into another person's body

2) change the shape of their body

3) become invisible

read other people minds

go to heavean and chill out with gods doing bad things

that's all i know

bhul chul maaf

Not sure but this article might help: http://www.gurbani.org/webart63.htm

ok. that was a pretty good article. Karmjeet, more info would be greatly appreciated as well... the more, the merrier sayeth i!

alright. so it's apparent from ur article HeyDudesWassup that we're not supposed to use these powers if we ever get them. my (new) question is: then why do we get them? is it supposed to be some sort of test to make sure that we're on the right track?... some help please...

so what's the point of getting them then?... i'm confused... help!...

It comes by itself while doing naam abhyas.

The reason the powers are given or comes by itself is because to use them to benefit human kind in vahiguroo raazaa ch(will of god).

Nav Nidhis or 9 nidhis are as followingg:

1 padam (siver,gold)

2 maha padam (very expensive diamonds and jewellery0

3 sankh (very beautiful clothes and good food 0

4 makr (shastar vidya , respect in high authorities )

5 kashap ( very good trade and buisness especially of clothes and grains )

6 kund ( trade of gold )

7 neel ( trade of pearls and other precious stones0

8 mukund ( perfect in arts , muscic and other talents etc.)

9 varch or kharth

18 sidhis are

1 anima ( to take form of other person , like a clone , perfectly identical )

2 mahima( to increase the size of their body )

3 lagima (to decrease the size of their body )

4 garima ( to increase the weight of one's body )

5 prapti ( to be able to enjoy all the worldy pleasures )

6 prakamya ( to read other people minds and what they r thinking )

7 iishita ( to persuade other people very easily to do anything even if it is very thing , power to change aperson mind )

8 vashita ( to control people and their minds 0

9 anuroom (power of naot having thirst or hunger 0

10 door sravan ( listen to sounds coming from very far away )

11 door darshan ( to see places very far away)

12 manoveg ( travelling faster than the speed of light , at the speed of ur mind ,becuz mind travels faster than anything else )

13 kaam roop ( to take on any form or shape or become anything )

14 parkaya parvesh ( to enter into others bodies and taking control over them )

15 svachang mrityu ( to die whenever they want )

16 sur kreeda ( to chill out with semi gods in swarg or heaven doing bad things )

17 sankalp sidhi ( whatever they wishes get fulfilled )

18 aprtehatgat ( to go whereever they want without anybody stopping them .

these r all the powers . people waste their lives trying to get all of them . but seldoma person gets all of them . max a person gets is 2 or 3 . these are maya .

and we do not have to go after these .

gursikhs only want thier guru ji not these powers .

when a person does simran or bhakti these powers automatically come into feet of them ,

brahmgyanis and sants never use these pwers . these powers automatically work for them doing their seva .

bhul chuk maaf

karmjeet veer ji. I cant thank you enuf for doing this seeva.

May guroo nanak dev nirankar bless you with prema bhakti :D

pyar daie naaaaaaaaaaaal

akaaaaaaaaaal hiiiiiiiiiii akaaaaaaaaal

anand hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii anand :)

thank you Karmjeet and HeyDudesWassup for the info.

has anyone ever met someone who has any of these powers?

Karmjeet, could you explain the nau nidhiya in a bit more detail? because from what i see, a lot of people already have all of these....

wjkk wjkf

I m not 100 % sure if i m right but i will try my best . Most of the people have these items like gold , silver,money ,cars , some jewellery but not in a large amount .

All the people in this world are not rich . There are few people who have all these items in large amount .

i think that not all the people have all of these nidhis .

I think nidhis r the powers to get all these items again and again without being running out of them . i don't know whether its true .

it seems impossible for a normal person to have very large amounts of gold , silver , very expensive cars , diamonds , rubies , jewels, pearls , and other precious stones . we r talking about large amounts of these items.

And nidhis also include to be perfect in all of the talents like music, intellectual or very intelligent , dancing , acting, singing, painting , sports and so on .

some people may have one or the other nidhi but it seems impossible to have all of them . luckily very very few may have all of them .

but there is no use of them . they r all form of maya .they stop people from the marg of bhakti .

these r made by God to test his bhagats .

Actually what happens is when a person starts doing bhakti he starts getting all of these things and powers . if he is wise and true lover of God he will not go after them instead he wants only Guru ji's darshan but on the other mayavi person will go after them and forget God and he will be engulfed in Ahankar then kam , krodh ., lobh , moh , etc . and ruin his life . so its better to not even think of them .

i do not say that we do not need money , but just ask for nirlepta from guru ji along with maya . this means having all of these wealth and money without forgetting Guru ji and staying in touch with him and longing fir his darshan .