ANTIQUE MINIATURE GURU GRANTH SAHIB

Mehtab Singh

WAHE GURU JI KA KHALSA,

WAHE GURU JI KI FATEH.

I belong to a Gursikh family; I beg to submit before you that I have an

ANTIQUE GURU GRANTH SAHIB. It’s Height, Length, breadth, is only ONE (1)

inch. Its Edge’s are polished in Gold. It has all 1430 pages of the said

HOLY BOOK. It can be read only with the help of Magnifying Glass.

This type of GURU GRANTH SAHIB is available in the MUSEUM of GOLDEN TEMPLE

AMRITSAR. But that too is incomplete. This GURU GRANTH SAHIB has been in our

family for Generations.

I decided to sell this HOLY GURU GRANTH SAHIB. I request you to please use

your contacts in Gursikh family or GURUDWARA SAHIB in helping me to sell

this HOLY GURU GRANTH SAHIB.

I am not quoting any price because you know this GURU GRANTH SAHIB is

PRICELESS. Your cooperation in this matter would be highly appreciated.

WAHE GURU JI KA KHALSA,

WAHE GURU JI KI FATEH

YOUR’S

INDER PAL SINGH,

LUCKNOW (U.P.)

INDIA.

E-MAIL: singpal@hotmail.com

PHONE: 94154 59219

Here is low-quality picture glimpse of an world smallest sggs ji. I took a picture of sggs ji in the recent event on 400 sala of siri guroo granth sahib ji at Metro Toronto Conventation Center.

High Quality picture coming up soon !

Enjoy this for now ! :D

I recieved a similar email, here are some more photo's in regards to it.

I would question the Saroop's age as it is pad-ched and so would make me think that it is really not as old as it would be made out to sound.

Here are some more images that I was sent in regards to it. Also if anyone wish's in obtaining this saroop I think will need to propose a price that is at least about $50 000 (US), for the "seller" to take them seriously.

I have recieved a couple of PMs and some emails about this. Here are some thoughts. These types of miniature birs date from around the time of World war 1. Apparantly they were carried by soldiers into battle ? I dont know if that is true or whether they were just produced as "novelties" (clearly they are not practicle in any sense). This particular saroop is in pretty poor condition - the binding has completely gone and it is quite badly worn. It would need a considerable amount of stabilisation and then rebinding. As an artefect it is not of the quality that would attract anything like the value mentioned. I doubt that it is even worth (as an object) even a tenth of that value. Handwritten illustrated janamsakhi manuscripts from a century earlier than this have been sold for £4-£5K in London in the past so a cost of $50K is quite ridiculous.

Sorry for turngin the debat einto a commodity one - but I was asked.

aman

Anyone who has $100K to spend will know the prices of Indian and Mughal manuscripts at the auction houses in London and New York and $100K will buy somethign quite magnificent - so I doubt very much that this quite ordinary lithoed MS in poor condition woudl attract anything like that. If he really wants to try his luck at auction he can but I doubt that auctioneers woudl even auction somethign in that condition? I think the seller is pulling your leg with that price tag

• 2 months later...