HAS THE SGPC GONE LOCO!!!

Wish of Mardana’s descendent may not be fulfilled

Varinder Walia

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, October 3

Ghulam Mohammad Chaand (70), a Muslim rababi, who is a descendent of Bhai Mardana, a life-time companion of Guru Nanak Dev, is unlikely to get permission from the SGPC to perform ‘kirtan’ in the Golden Temple.

He visited Amritsar — his birthplace — for the first time after Partition. Immediately after paying obeisance at the Golden Temple, he expressed desire to perform ‘kirtan’ there. However, he was told that this was not possible due to change of ‘maryada’.

As per the new ‘maryada’ rules, the SGPC has mentioned particular dress code for the ‘raagis’. His uncle, Bhai Gyan Chaand, was the last Muslim rababi who performed ‘kirtan’ at Darbar Sahib.

According to new norms, only baptised Sikhs can perform ‘kirtan’ in the Golden Temple. Before Partition of the country, Muslim rababis were given special permission to perform ‘kirtan’ there.

Talking to TNS here today, Ghulam Mohammad Chaand said it was his last wish to perform ‘kirtan’ in the Golden Temple like his uncle. He would be performing ‘kirtan’ at the gurdwara of Sector 34, Chandigarh, on October 8.

He said there should ne no such restriction on Muslim rababis who remained with Gurus (till Guru Teg Bahadur) and enthralled the Sikh Sangat with ‘kirtan’.

He said he had been performing ‘kirtan’ in Nankana Sahib and Dehra Sahib Gurdwara, Lahore, without any restriction.

He visited Gali Rababian where more than 200 families of Muslim rababis used to live before Partition. They migrated to Pakistan after Partition.

However, he felt sad to see that there was no trace of his ancestral house following expansion of Gurdwara Guru Ke Mahal.

He said the well of the house that could have been preserved was also filled with earth.

He is accompanied by his nephews, Amzad and Ryaz. They are visiting India on the invitation of Ms Shumita of United Colours of Punjab.

Dr S.P. Singh, Vice-Chancellor, Guru Nanak Dev University, has promised to arrange Ghulam Mohammad Chaand’s performances on the university campus and in affiliated colleges of the university.

... I SWEAR NOWADAYS I THINK SIKHI'S DONE A COMPLETE U TURN ON WHAT GURU JI WAS TRYING TO TEACH US.

SGPC WILL BE THE DEATH OF THE PANTH!!! or am i over reacting??

The SGPC hasnt gone Locco, this act is entirely consistent with all their previous acts of absolute and complete adjugation of their responsibility. The fact is that the SGPC neither has any respect or interest in our Sikh heriateg. In fact, at their core, they hate Sikh History. they haet history becasue it does not validate their existance. Their active destruction of important historical buildings, burning of sikh manuscripts, destruction of traditions, ritualisation of the trivial is their reason to exist and this act is entitrely consistent with that.

the only language they understand is that of the $$$. Anyone who disagrees with the acts of that bunch of yahoos should as a first step cease funding them through the golak - thats the only language that they understand

I wonder if Guru Nanak Dev ji himself came down and wanted to perform Kirtan at Harmandir Sahib would they let him or have him take Amrit first?

opps no... they will get confused him with an muslim fakir and tell him buger off or tell him only for sikhs..lol....remember Guru Maharaj is nirankar himself can dharan any roop to test his Sikh- fakir, muallah, rababi etc etc !!!!

Love your post man pheena.... CLASSIC MAN...you always hit nail on the head

MEGA LOL- :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Post from Gyani Jarnail Singh Arshi (Malaysia) -Taken from www.tapoban.org, presented here for information purposes:

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki fateh.

I think there is a problem some where ???

you see Bhai mardana...lived with GURU NANAK Ji and followed the Maryada of GURU Ji to the letter - NO Smoking, No alcohol, unshorn hair etc.

I think the rababis satta and balwand also followed this maryada. Guur Ji Arjun Sahib Jee would NEVER have allowed a SMOKER drinker etc to do kirtan.

BUT recently there was a hue and cry over Bhai Chaand ( also a descendant of Bhai mardana) because Bhai Chand smokes biri. Also he and his jatha were put up at some one's house for the night and someone was to pick them up for kirtan at a nearby gurdwaraa the next day. This man, the Gurdwar Secretary reported that bhai Chhand and jatha got up, did a kurli ( wash mouth) and straight away went and sat down to kirtan...no bath, no change of kacherra etc...even no change of clothes wore at night to sleep in. And more importantly they refused to give up smoking.

This was when the SGPC was lambasted by many and they have reinforced their maryada whereby only an Amrtidharee ( keshdharee) Sikh can do kirtan katha viakhiya paath hukmnama etc in diwan.

I think thats the problem with these descendats of mardana.

Dass jarnail singh

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Another contrasting view by Dr Serjinder Singh, taken from www.sikhnet.com:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I am deeply saddened by this news. This reminds me of the story we hear of Bhagat Namdev visiting a temple full of love for God and being denied singing praises of God. It is told that when nearing the temple he heard the praises of God being sung in the temple to the accopaniment of Mridang and brass bells he got so much filled with emotions of love that he took his two shoes in his hand and started clapping the shoes together and singing. The Brahman Priests denied him entry as well as tried to stop him from clapping his shoes considering it a disrespect to God (against Brahman Maryada).

We are all told that the God made the temple turn towards him etc.

We are all seeing the new caste of "Sikh Brahmins" in Sikh priesthood. When will Guru ji embrace the true Sikhs like Bhai Chand, Dada Chelaram, and millions others and turn their back on the new priestly class full of contempt for all others except themselves

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Humbly

Serjinder Singh